Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma rework

Shadew.exe

So the chroma deluxe has been shown on the devstream and i thought lets take that oportunity to talk about his rework so this is what i have come up with: remove chromas 1st and make it a switch element ability, elemental ward and vex armor recastable so that u wont lose ur armor and scorn buffs and so that u can switch wich ward u have BOOM gr8er chroma without huge impact on builds or playstyle and still loveable

Edited by Shadew.exe

26 minutes ago, Shadew.exe said:

So the chroma deluxe has been shown on the devstream and i thought lets take that oportunity to talk about his rework so this is what i have come up with: remove chromas 1st and make it a switch element ability, elemental ward and vex armor recastable so that u wont lose ur armor and scorn buffs and so that u can switch wich ward u have BOOM gr8er chroma without huge impact on builds or playstyle and still loveable

I'm fine with first ability but making recastable 2nd abilities will put ICE and TOXIN chroma in the hole. Because recasting elemental ward while using Ice and Toxin will have no sense, while recasting Fire and Eelectric will regen health and shield.
Vex armor recastable please, but while recasting it, it should reset bonuses from it, to avoid OP stuff, and for example I want to recast vex armor when there is not enemies around me and my shield is full. When Vex armor ends while fight and I have no shield I'm screwed. So if you have like 11 seconds left you need to decide enter there and kil lthem all if I can or wait those 11 seconds to cast it again. I want to avoid that stuff. Just reset it when you want.

4 Abiliy need a buff. Energy drain per second from 5 to 2.5 just like exalted blade, because Exalted blade have no dissadvantages, while Chroma effigy reduces his armor by half, armor is most important stuff in Chroma. And Effigy should get bonuses from Vex armor, that will make effigy harder to destroy and will make a decent damage. Not only to stun enemies.
And a cool option. Press X on effigy to make it follow you, the same way as sentinel.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Chroma doesn't need a full rework as his kit (well 3/4 of it, which isn't that bad) makes him pretty good as is. Maybe some tweaks to his 1st power, and arguably to his 4th.

30 minutes ago, Shadew.exe said:

make [...] vex armor recastable so that u wont lose ur armor and scorn buffs

It isn't recastable for this actual reason.

Get ride of his 1 Replace it with chargeable Elemental Big bang atack with 100% proc and 6m AOE

give him a new second ability that make use of his wings (some kind of elemental dash) or some close range blow atack

Make elemental ward and vex armor fuse and make that skill recastable

in all seriouness both of them are allways activated i see no point making them two separate skills

Let effigy be castable in air

and if activated in air let us BE effigy and control it

Edited by Tsoe

10 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

Chroma doesn't need a full rework as his kit (well 3/4 of it, which isn't that bad) makes him pretty good as is. Maybe some tweaks to his 1st power, and arguably to his 4th.

It isn't recastable for this actual reason.

I want it to be recastable, but while recasting it, it should reset bonuses. I just want to recast it when I have full shield I want to enter the fight and my Vex armor have 7 seconds left. I don't want to wait for it to end and then cast it again. I don't want to wait, I want to recast it and enter fight.

11 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

Get ride of his 1 Replace it with chargeable Elemental Big bang atack with 100% proc and 6m AOE

give him a new second ability that make use of his wings (some kind of elemental dash) or some close range blow atack

1 could have very long range, so it could be good AoE ability, and damage buff from Vex armor. That will make that ability good.

Just now, IfritKajiTora said:

1 could have very long range, so it could be good AoE ability, and damage buff from Vex armor. That will make that ability good.

yeah well

but effigy do it allready..

so something diferent could be nice

5 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

I want it to be recastable, but while recasting it, it should reset bonuses. I just want to recast it when I have full shield I want to enter the fight and my Vex armor have 7 seconds left. I don't want to wait for it to end and then cast it again. I don't want to wait, I want to recast it and enter fight.

Yeah, in this case it'd be a good QoL change, even I thought about it sometimes, but OP wants to keep the buffs while refreshing the duration, and that's what I was responding to.

Only thing that Chroma needs to become better is one simple change. Have his 3rd ability increase the power strength of his other abilities when his health takes a hit instead of gun dmg. This would bring the strength of his 1st & last ability by so much. & ill main Chroma if this change happens

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

On 9.10.2016 at 11:19 PM, IfritKajiTora said:

And a cool option. Press X on effigy to make it follow you, the same way as sentinel.

My first post on forum so hello :)

And about the quote above... PLZ PLZ PLZ MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

And reduce it's energy drain, so we could have our dragon with us. Even after some mods "Effigy" drains 2.5 energy per second... make it 0.75 or 1.0 to make it more usefull like Ember's World of Fire. No need to touch anything else on Chroma IMHO.

Here's what I would do:

If Chroma is in Dragon Form:

- Change his 1 from channeled to cast with a 0.3 second animation delay. Hits all enemies 180 degrees in front of Chroma.

- Scales on enemy level, how much is influenced by mods. This includes power str and power eff. Higher level enemies are dealt more damage but drain more energy.

- Depending on the element, damage dealt and extra effect is different, for example, Fire might be guaranteed proc which will panic enemies hit for a short stun, while Cold could increase Chroma's armour and the armour of all allies hit for a short duration.

If Chroma is NOT in Dragon Form, i.e. his 4 is active:

- Creative stuff goes here.

On 10/10/2016 at 2:40 AM, Shadew.exe said:

Also i forgot to mention his 4th abikity should be somthing like titanias with instead of a weapon we breathe elemental enegry wich makes him a tru dragon, and for his passive make elemental status procs (not physical ones) last longer

He isn't a dragon. He is a dragon knight, a Hunter of dragons. This is per DE when they announced him and one of the reasons the community complained we weren't getting a true blue dragon frame.

• 1 month later...
On 11.10.2016 at 11:13 AM, THeMooN85 said:

My first post on forum so hello :)

And about the quote above... PLZ PLZ PLZ MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

And reduce it's energy drain, so we could have our dragon with us. Even after some mods "Effigy" drains 2.5 energy per second... make it 0.75 or 1.0 to make it more usefull like Ember's World of Fire. No need to touch anything else on Chroma IMHO.

Why ? because are you play chroma ? Dont cry on the river

3 hours ago, AfrodytA said:

Why ? because are you play chroma ? Dont cry on the river

Or it could be, unlike most other toggles, it's benefits do not scale. It's damage doesn't scale with any kind of weapon mods. It's damage and armor does not go up with Vex Armor (correct if wrong, if I am not mistaken it only takes your base armor and armor given from Elemental Word - Ice, but not what Vex gives) or just scale up to deal with enemies present like Specters do once summoned. It's stats are static, making it less and less effective as time goes on. It's crowd control isn't as often or consistent as Embers knock-you-on-your-butt; fourth ability, or any other toggle ability. The makes THeMoon85 opinion on its drain being lowered understandable. 

Personally, I would say increase its drain by 1/s but give the Effigy more staying power. For instance, up its chance to cause enemies to enemies to drop credits by 15%, but when this does trigger, Effigy gains a bonus to its armor. As for it's killing, take a page out of Hat Kitag, Sobek newly acquired mods and allow it's normal breath attack, on kill, to produce a pool of elemental damage that uses a portion of the enemies' health that was killed. This could be an augment for all I care, but it needs some killing power to fit the role it's supposed to take, and that's to be a wall that stops enemy flow from whatever point it's left to guard.

Edited by (PS4)FunyFlyBoy

Chroma's most needed reworks have been suggested AGES ago already.

Let the 3rd influence the 1st and maybe also to an extend the 4th.

Second thing I would like is if the the 4th, the effigy, would be given the ability to fly back to the spawn location if knocked away by a shockwave or punch.

3rd thing, it would also be nice if the 2nd ability influenced the 4th when close enough just like with players.

I would play Chroma more if he didn't feel so bland. Because I love his aesthetics and survival potential, I want the devs to give him ability tweaks come his deluxe skin too.

Stuff I have gripes with at the moment:

1. Spectral Scream is a very lackluster 1st ability.
  2. Elemental Ward's effects require the team to huddle around Chroma to keep benefiting, or Chroma has build specifically for range that doesn't scale well with his 1st.
  3. Electric and Toxin Wards are heavily penalized by their Power stats going into negatives.
  4. Effigy can actually be quite squishy in high level content and costly to maintain.

Stuff I like:

1. Heat and Cold Ward effects are pretty awesome.
  2. Vex Armor is pretty much perfect. One-hand on-the-move cast, reasonable energy cost for powerful effects, and good duration to boot.
  3. Effigy's periodic CC helping out the team (and Chroma who has less armor than with pelt on).

Changes I would like to see:

Spoiler
  • Passive addition: Elemental Flight
    • Chroma's chosen energy color (or selected element, see below) adds that Elemental Damage type and proc to his Bullet Jumps.
    • Increased Aim Glide duration, his energy wings becoming visible while gliding if pelt is on.
  • Spectral Scream - tapping 1 cycles between the four basic elements: Heat, Electric, Toxin, or Cold (no energy cost); holding 1 channels/cancels the elemental breath (initial and channel per second energy costs).
    • Adaptive Alignment: while an element is selected via cycling, existing and subsequent instances of Spectral Scream (breath), Elemental Ward, and Effigy change their energy color and damage type/effects to reflect the new selection. If an instance of the above 3 abilities is active, Chroma drains an extra 5 energy for each to adapt the previous element into the newly selected one (affected by Power Efficiency).
    • Dragon's Breath: Spectral Scream's elemental breath will broaden its cone degree and range over 5 seconds of activity up to their maximum. E.g. 60 degrees and 10 m at max rank, increases to 90 degrees and 20 m over 5 seconds. Power Range affects the initial and ending values. Power Duration doesn't affect this charge-up period.
    • Damage is now dealt per tick (4 ticks per second), but falls off over range.
  • Elemental Ward - creates a second instance of the aura around your Effigy, allowing teammates to gain buffs around it. Effigy also benefits from Ward effects where applicable.
    • Teammates retain Ward effects for 3 seconds when moving away from Chroma/Effigy's auras.
    • Heat Ward visual effect reduced (flames are distracting).
    • If there are no eligible enemy targets in range, Electric Ward's discharge jumps between nearby players/Effigy that are affected by Electric Ward, in order to reach a target inside their Ward range.
    • Toxin Ward visual effect reduced (even more nauseating). Reload Speed bonus affects Effigy's target acquisition delay, and Holster Speed bonus affects how frequently Effigy can roar and knock back enemies.
    • Cold Ward applies a flat amount of bonus armor instead of percentile to better benefit lightly armored Warframes.
  • Effigy
    • Prioritizes targets hit by Spectral Scream's breath if in range.
    • Total health affected by both Power Strength and equipped Warframe Health mods.
    • Inherits 50% of Chroma's base armor while active. Inherited armor on Effigy is affected by equipped Warframe Armor mods.
    • Collects nearby dropped loot underneath itself.

Edited by PsiWarp

IMHO, chroma needs to have the ability to change elements even during the battle  (such as Ivara and vauban powers), the 1st power needs to become a little more powerful perhaps with a range longer, while the his ulti, well, it costs too much for its usefulness, they should reduce the cost per second.

On 9/10/2016 at 11:26 PM, Tsoe said:

Make elemental ward and vex armor fuse and make that skill recastable

in all seriouness both of them are allways activated i see no point making them two separate skills

Let effigy be castable in air

and if activated in air let us BE effigy and control it

I laughed really hard reading "big bang attack".

• 3 months later...

In my opinion Chroma's rewor should include things described bellow:

- make Vex armor affected on Chroma's Spectral Scream and Effigy
- make Chroma's gameplay mechanic similar to Nidus (we could collect rage points by taking damage with activated Vex armor)

- while Vex armor would be activated, after losing every 100 point of shields Chroma could be able to collect 3 rage points, while losing
every 20 points of his life could give him 5 rage points
- Effigy being able to activate after collecting recomended 30 rage points, while activation could comsume 5 rage points. From this moment, after every second Effigy could consume 2-5 energy points every second. 
- make effigy able to collect dropted energy & life orbs from killed enemies to make it able to little cure itself and regenerate aour energy by 25 or 50 points able to collect normaly from those orbs
- while effigy is activated, replace players 1st power - Spectral Scream - for ability called "Dragon Rush", which one could work like 4th Ash ability right now - giving us possibility to targeting enemies, to which onces Chroma's pelt could fly and attact them, focusing on them until killing them. Aiming on teammates could make Pelt flying to them and protect them againts enemies. These options could make Chroma's pelt more usefull on battleground and shouldn't collide with sentinels mechanics as it could in "follow player" option described by you. After disactivation Chroma's Pelt everything could come back to normal state (in other words make Spectral scream Pelt individual power able to use for player when Pelt is on Croma's body - when pelt is separated from him, only pelt could use Spectral Scream in it's own, more powerfull version)
- replace Pelt's deafening scream (this one that stops enemies from attacking us) for scream with similar aera effects to Ember/Frost/Saryn/Volt abiilities depends from chosen element. In this way Pelt could more often use his knockback wave and make in that way more damage during it's work. Deafening scream is something rare usefull in not usual situations, but more often it is Pelt's more  annoying move because it take 2 second for nothing and consume lots of energy during this time, when Pelt could consume this time to make more damage for enemies.

- make rage points increase Chroma's Elemental Ward & Vex armor stats calculations to make Chroma the truly adaptive Warframe in Lotus words:

"When all the land is in ruins, only Chroma will remains"

On 23/11/2016 at 0:48 AM, Matt89Connor said:

IMHO, chroma needs to have the ability to change elements even during the battle  (such as Ivara and vauban powers), the 1st power needs to become a little more powerful perhaps with a range longer, while the his ulti, well, it costs too much for its usefulness, they should reduce the cost per second.

No, he doesn't. Giving him that ability destroys any and all reason to put any forethought into his build. If anything, I would like Ivara and Vauban to loose the ability to switch arrow/grenades mid mission and have them be a choice made in the Arsenal, just like how you can't switch Primaries mid mission.