Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma and affinity gain

ToaSirian

Having mod capacity right off the bet by being linked to mastery level is great, but the process of multiple forma is still a really slow and painful one.

What i propose is: increase affinity gain by a percentage (like 10-20%) with each forma until level 30 per forma.

After lvl 30 the boost is cancelled so there's no focus exploiting.

This also could give some more meaning to the lore aspect of forma itself.

I played the item so much when im done forma`ing it, im sick of playing said item.

Edited by ToaSirian

Considering how this game is all about patience and waiting with its build times, and how you can quite easily level a weapon in a day's play time on normal missions, this isn't necessary. DE didn't design the system so you could easily throw on 4-5 forma in a day's time and call it good. Its these kinds of reasons why DE has been hammering on those missions like Draco and Akkad. It trivializes the process of empowering your weapon and cuts profits on DE because now there is less incentive to buy affinity boosters.

As much as this would be appreciated, I can't really see any good reason to do so with how easy it is currently to rank up weapons.

With an affinity booster, you can fully rank up a weapon in a single stealth run of Telesto (Grineer Exterminate), Saturn, which takes all of 8-10 minutes. Two runs without an affinity booster. At this point, I spend more time planning my Forma polarities and testing builds in the Simulacrum (namely for whether I want reload speed, fire rate, punch-through, etc. on my last slot) than I do putting the 3-6 Forma on my weapon.

I believe a solo run of Akkad up to wave 20 with an affinity booster (again, two runs without a booster) will get a Warframe up to rank 30.

I don't mind the need to 're-level' a warframe, weapon or companion, I just wish I could do more than 1 forma at a time, the need to repeat it each and every time feels completely pointless and artificial. 

Outside of forma there's no monetary gain for DE in this artificial slowing down of a weapons modding so why it's needed I have no idea.

Edited by LSG501

I don't have a problem with the way we gain affinity right know, as some of you said above, we are able to rank weapons up super fast, but I would like to have the crafting times for Forma reduced, since Forma is something you can use multiple times on a single weapon, having to wait 24 hrs. for just 1 Forma is a bit excesive. I would like the crafting times to be 6 hrs. or 12 at least.

Edited by Vrgolin