Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken daiykyu hotboxs

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

You console folk just got hit with SOTR patch ~2 weeks ago.

During that patch, Daikyu got an 11% damage reduction.

Please see my post from when pc got this change here. Daikyu no longer one shots as many frames as it did before, and requires SLB to one shot any frame with base EHP.

Before, it was balanced to one shot all frames with unmodded EHP with SLB mod. Now it only one shots medium frames and under in the same condition.

It will not one shot any unmodded frame without SLB mod, which means the opponent has to be 15 meters or greater away.

Edited by Pythadragon

Laggy connections can do that to you. But I've also had it work in my favor as well. At timea where, on my side, it would actually hit me, it didn't do any damage because the shooter missed me on their side. Just know that if they did damage, they had to have hit you on their side. It's not the hit box that'a too big, it's just the lag that makes it appear further than it is.

On 8/28/2016 at 3:59 PM, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Literally still 1 shots and has broken hit boxes (arrows fly past and still apparently hit) in combination with loki's invisible its stupidity op and new players will struggle against this 

The "broken" hitboxes are the consequence of latency. Daikyu has already been nerfed more than enough.

On 8/30/2016 at 4:03 AM, Nazrethim said:

Shotgunkyu was too strong. If anything I think SL-BH should award an extra 20% at 25m.

Shotgunkyu was too strong, and the better solution would have been to give SLB a damage penalty below 15m.  Dropping the bonus by half and extending the range would have left the Daikyu incomparably worse than any other bow.

17 hours ago, Krysyth said:

Shotgunkyu was too strong, and the better solution would have been to give SLB a damage penalty below 15m.  Dropping the bonus by half and extending the range would have left the Daikyu incomparably worse than any other bow.

No no, it would 40% at 15m, another 20% at 25m for a total of 60% bonus damage. Something like this:

0-5m= -40% >>> 5.1-10m= -20% >>> 10.1-15m= normal damage >>> 15.1m-25m = +40% >>> 25.1 or longer = +60%

19 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

No no, it would 40% at 15m, another 20% at 25m for a total of 60% bonus damage. Something like this:

0-5m= -40% >>> 5.1-10m= -20% >>> 10.1-15m= normal damage >>> 15.1m-25m = +40% >>> 25.1 or longer = +60%

Ah, I understand now. That seems reasonable, then.

On 8/28/2016 at 5:37 PM, Pythadragon said:

You console folk just got hit with SOTR patch ~2 weeks ago.

During that patch, Daikyu got an 11% damage reduction.

Please see my post from when pc got this change here. Daikyu no longer one shots as many frames as it did before, and requires SLB to one shot any frame with base EHP.

Before, it was balanced to one shot all frames with unmodded EHP with SLB mod. Now it only one shots medium frames and under in the same condition.

It will not one shot any unmodded frame without SLB mod, which means the opponent has to be 15 meters or greater away.

Its glitched my plus ehp rhino was getting cosistently 1 shotted.

7 hours ago, BoyTitan said:

Its glitched my plus ehp rhino was getting cosistently 1 shotted.

I don't think so. I'm assuming you got hit by a few headshots, those are still pretty deadly.

But if you're sure and can reproduce it, I'd be interested in seeing some footage.

• 3 weeks later...

So for a long &#! time in pvp certain weapons because favoured by our growing pvp community within warframe 

opticor

daiyku

snipertron/vandal

these weapons all have something in common, you struggle to miss with them.

now the footage I have only shows you the snipertron vandal but eventually I will get clear footage of the otheef weapons I listed 

no the lobby was not lagging and even if it was it only highlights another issues I have with conclave 

please share the footage I have so hopefully the conclave team can see this thanks

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCs5QI-EAuvCMeKw7RQU02ow this link will take you to my recorded footage.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

So me getting damaged by the visible glowing shot that went past me isn't visible to your spectrum of vision? Ok then 

Snipetron is hitscan (as is Opticor, for that matter), so it does not have a hurtbox at all. When hitscan weapons fire, they register as either a hit or as a miss the moment you click. What you are seeing there is a visible tracer round of sorts (all they do here is show vague direction of fire), which exist with most hitscan weapons and do not have any connection at all to the actual source of damage.

I'd recommend you give these weapons a shot so you have a better idea of how they function.

Edited by Vyrndragon

3 hours ago, Eureka.seveN said:

get used to it the hit boxes/ the game are not made for pvp.

I'm an 99% sure they've been made improvements to hit boxes. At this point, the hit boxes are extremely precise and I haven't found any recent instance of hitboxes not making sense from the shooter pov using recorded footage. I've challenged folk in the conclave discord to show me examples of broken hitboxes, but every single time people try to show me proof, on a frame by frame analysis the hitbox makes sense.

Small example: This shot barely misses the foot and counts as a miss.

0TvWdFj.png

Players also have to be aware that all hitboxes are basically identical across all frames. Hitbox extends slightly out from the smallest frames, and fills out the model of the largest frames. Frame size is not a balancing factor in pvp.

conclave discord:  https://discord.gg/0o35sDMUR9RSWTWz

OP - I can't tell heads or tails what in the world is going on there. Your video is so darned shaky and low quality.

Edited by Pythadragon

4 hours ago, Vyrndragon said:

Snipetron is hitscan (as is Opticor, for that matter), so it does not have a hurtbox at all. When hitscan weapons fire, they register as either a hit or as a miss the moment you click. What you are seeing there is a visible tracer round of sorts (all they do here is show vague direction of fire), which exist with most hitscan weapons and do not have any connection at all to the actual source of damage.

I'd recommend you give these weapons a shot so you have a better idea of how they function.

Still doesn't explain how the daikyu does exactly the same thing 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Still doesn't explain how the daikyu does exactly the same thing 

Don't forget that where you are on your screen is not always the same as where you are on someone else's. Any amount of latency, even if not particularly noticeable, can cause that to happen. I've had plenty of matches where I've been shot by people after I leave a room simply because I was still in the room on their end. That's not an issue with the hitboxes/hurtboxes. It's just an issue with lag.

Sometimes, that makes you receive damage, even when it looks like people are shooting right past you. However, to them, it might look like they are shooting at you. Understandably, it can get pretty frustrating.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a lot of posts about this particular weapon before mainly because of how it has insane high damage with its conclave mod.

However I have also pointed out that the weapon has the most ridiculous hit boxes known to exist along with the opticor and the snipertron vandal here is the picture evidence of this.

http://imgur.com/a/l3d0J

best counter argument I have seen is "latency" note during this game there was no lag at all and also note that this is also a travel time weapon.

Edited by (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX

Guest Pun-chee

First of all, please correct your title. You will get more comments if you do.

Secondly, assuming that your imgur album's 3 pictures are showing one shot and a resulting kill from it: It would have been helpful to see it from the shooters PoV - just to verify that it's not latency or other client to client code miscommunication.

To be honest, I have never seen such a thing you show. Maybe something wrong with Console? I have no idea what is going on in those pictures, sorry.

Now to Opticor - don't forget that the guiding laser is only cosmetic! Opticor is a hitscan weapon, it will immediately hit where your crosshair points at, regardless where the laser points. You can test this easily by moving your frame and aim very fast while charging up the weapon.

I used Snipetron Vandal quite a bit, and I never had the impression that this weapon has "another hitbox". It's a hitscan sniper, has a short accuracy transition after zooming in - like all snipers. If you quick scope it can happen that the bullet doesn't land where your crosshair pointed at.