Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken daiykyu hotboxs

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

1 hour ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

I didn't see anything particularly surprising in those videos, not that I could be bothered to waste my time on each of them.
If you're trying to make a point, you need to identify it and show specific evidence.
Otherwise, it's just spam.

Maybe you should watch the videos to see my point rather than claim that I don't have one.

honestly pathetic.

The second time you created this thread it was merged back into the first version, and the resulting amalgam was eventually moved to a console-specific forum section. Perhaps this caused you to lose track of it? Here it is.

I'd suggest continuing the discourse there, instead of reposting the same topic in this section with one more video that adds nothing to the discussion. The only thing you can hope to gain from spamming is unwanted attention from the moderators.

55 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

So you get headshot by someone using the strongest bow in the game that has a mechanic that requires skill Or lots of luck to land a single arrow kill on a moving Tenno and it's BS? ... right

1 the arrow trajectory was nowhere near my body never mind my head

2 you can clearly see how broken the hitboxes are with that bow

3 no other bow in the game is able to pull off the same bs that bow does 

1 minute ago, TheJadrimian said:

The second time you created this thread it was merged back into the first version, and the resulting amalgam was eventually moved to a console-specific forum section. Perhaps this caused you to lose track of it? Here it is.

I'd suggest continuing the discourse there, instead of reposting the same topic in this section with one more video that adds nothing to the discussion. The only thing you can hope to gain from spamming is unwanted attention from the moderators.

Any attention from the devs on this section of the forum is an achievement in itself 

i keep posting this because nothing gets done about it

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Maybe you should watch the videos to see my point rather than claim that I don't have one.

Your videos, entitled various forms of "bull**** daikyu", fail to express a specific idea.

The first video is almost four minutes of generic gameplay.
Three minutes in, and I have not seen anything worthwhile.
Three minutes is more than enough time for a normal video to make a point, and it is far more time than this thread deserves.

Nobody is going to waste their time watching your videos to formulate an argument on your behalf.
The clear expression of ideas is your own responsibility.

honestly pathetic.

Get mad if you want.
It won't help your credibility, which is dying miserably.

Edited by SevenLetterKWord

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

1 the arrow trajectory was nowhere near my body never mind my head

2 you can clearly see how broken the hitboxes are with that bow

3 no other bow in the game is able to pull off the same bs that bow does 

1. hmmm not like you STATED that was the problem.. or slowed down the video.. or posted still images
2. Considering in that first vid the shooter MISSED a lot I guess means nothing .. only that you got hit
3. that would probably be because it is the strongest in the game and that it is puncture based damage, Tenno use Ferrite armor which suffers increased damage from puncture by +50%

Just now, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Any attention from the devs on this section of the forum is an achievement in itself 

i keep posting this because nothing gets done about it

You may find the following information useful:

• Moderators are volunteers from the community, not developers. It's not worth DE's time to deal with spam.
  • You could as easily keep the topic on the front page by keeping discussion alive in one thread, rather than posting a new one every time it falls off. Making multiple threads doesn't make the issue more visible than the alternative.
  • Spamming makes you look kind of not like someone that's worth taking seriously. It's really not a good look.
  • If your latest threads aren't deleted entirely they'll most likely be merged back into the original, where the conversation taking place here has already played out and members of the community have already addressed your concerns.

2 minutes ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

Your videos, entitled various forms of "bull**** daikyu", fail to express a specific idea.

Hmmm maybe I'm trying to express how utterly broken this weapon is?

3 minutes ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

The first video is almost four minutes of generic gameplay.
Three minutes in, and I have not seen anything worthwhile.
Three minutes is more than enough time for a normal video to make a point, and it is far more time than this thread deserves

The gameplay footage is there to show that the lobby in which I am playing in has no lag what so ever, lots of people will put the brokenness of the daikyu down to lag which the gameplay proves that is not the case. As for me dying to the daikyu the footage shows the arrow fired completely missing me which tells you all that you need to know (the hitboxes are broken) 

if you don't feel like being on a forum is a good use of your time then I'm sorry to say that with the attitude that you have I doubt you have anything better to do because clearly you little to no life.

8 minutes ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

Nobody is going to waste their time watching your videos to formulate an argument on your behalf.
The clear expression of ideas is your own responsibility.

Well you just watched my videos completely contradicting what you have just said but aside from that the videos contain every needed for a good argument something that you clearly do not have.

11 minutes ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

Get mad if you want.
It won't help your credibility, which is dying miserably.

I am certainly not mad but what I am right now is utterly amazed someone like you are questioning my credibility when you haven't submitted anything remotely related to this forum post. All you have stated is that you feel that your time is being wasted and that you don't like the video footage I have presented which I find quite funny since you haven't even presented a counter argument at all.

if you don't like being here please leave, nobody will miss you.

6 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Yeah those seemed like they should have been clear misses... But really... for convenience purposes, those videos didn't need to be more then 10 seconds long.

I know but that extra footage was to show that I was not lagging and that neither was anyone else (that was the best argument against my point anyone has put forward in past threads) please understand 

15 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

1. hmmm not like you STATED that was the problem.. or slowed down the video.. or posted still images
2. Considering in that first vid the shooter MISSED a lot I guess means nothing .. only that you got hit
3. that would probably be because it is the strongest in the game and that it is puncture based damage, Tenno use Ferrite armor which suffers increased damage from puncture by +50%

1 I'm using playstation share play which I'm not all that accustomed to use so yes fair enough I cou have slowed down the footage of I knew how I would have

2 yes he missed a couple of shots however the other videos show simmer shots that hit showing an inconsistency of sorts but again the arrow clearly missed 

3 I'm not complaining at the damage (if that can't fix the hit boxes reducing the damage would also work or removing the daikyu specific mod) I'm complaining about the hitboxes 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Hmmm maybe I'm trying to express how utterly broken this weapon is?

I watched three minutes of Daikyu users missing.
Is that the broken part? Are you arguing for a buff?
Sure seems like the first video is.

The gameplay footage is there to show that the lobby in which I am playing in has no lag what so ever, lots of people will put the brokenness of the daikyu down to lag which the gameplay proves that is not the case.

You clearly don't understand lag.
Lag isn't consistent. There's no god-given guarantee that every match will always have the exact same amount of latency throughout the entire match.
Ever heard of the term "lag spike"?

if you don't feel like being on a forum is a good use of your time then I'm sorry to say that with the attitude that you have I doubt you have anything better to do because clearly you little to no life.

You have misinterpreted a very plain statement.
I specifically stated that this particular thread is not worth the time that you apparently expect others to invest into it.
It is wrong for you to post excessive video content and assume that others will sort through it for you.
Again: "Nobody is going to waste their time watching your videos to formulate an argument on your behalf."

because clearly you little to no life.

Ouch, my feelings.
Is this supposed to be an attack on me, or on the English language?

Well you just watched my videos completely contradicting what you have just said but aside from that the videos contain every needed for a good argument something that you clearly do not have.

Each of my arguments is well-reasoned.
If you would like to assert otherwise, then you should start by identifying evidence, instead of making empty claims.

I am certainly not mad but what I am right now is utterly amazed someone like you are questioning my credibility when you haven't submitted anything remotely related to this forum post.

My very first post was an assessment of your topic.
For your convenience, I will summarize my assessment:
"Your post fails to make a specific point.
Your post lacks worthwhile content.
Your post is therefore spam."

My second post is intended to correct your understanding of broadcast communication.

And this third post is intended to clarify various truths.

if you don't like being here please leave, nobody will miss you.

I'm here to for your edification, friend.
You would miss me, though you may not perceive it presently.

By the way, allow me to introduce you to the multiquote button:
ba91d15ec1.png (141×93)
Now you can stop triple-posting quotes.

Edited by SevenLetterKWord

Pretty sure making repeated posts on the same topic on this forum is considered spam, and community moderators do stuff at a certain point.

Rib, you're not the only one this stuff happens to.  It doesn't only happen with the Daikyu.  It is the way the game is designed.  You've already made your point and there is nothing further you can do unless you are a billionaire and invest in DE.  Otherwise, you really should stop these posts before a moderator takes action.

Honestly, this recording is from your perspective. What we need is a recording from the opponent's perspective.

What looks like stupid hitbox to you is a direct hit to someone else. Even if the latency at your end is good, it is only the download latency. The upload latency is another story. The opponent may have hit your ghost but your connection has not updated your current location. Hence, by compensation, you are hit for all due measure.

Blame anything else. The weapon is fine. High risk, high reward.

Well, I can relate to this, it's totally annoying to be killed by players shooting their shotguns, bullet hoses and snipers while you're on their back, knocked down by bancheese spam in the same circumstances or getting staggered/killed by melee when I'm about 20m away or more from the player.

However, I understand that latency is a b*tch some times, and since I play from SA (my country is literally the b*ttcrack of the world) I can't do anything but learn to deal with it, but well, coming to the forums and claim that everything has broken hitboxes seems to be an easier way chosen by some other tenno with similar problems.

the bow has just given way to the new era of 1 shot bows just like In old conclave which was one of the many reasons nobody played old conclave and now it is back along with broken hitboxes and with the lag that comes with p2p hosting it's sometimes unbearable (especially on ps4) 

solution;

lower damage so it doesn't 1 shot

remove spring loaded broadhead from conclave and just make it a pve mod 

this weapon is honestly why ps4 conclave is dead and filled with copycat meta players