Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken daiykyu hotboxs

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

While Daikyu does have a decently sized hurtbox, it is nowhere near as extreme as you continue to claim and is actually rather reasonable.

Like it or not, the issues you bring up are actually related to latency. Where your opponent fired was where you were on their end. Considering you were not host, this is even more likely. Even if you don't notice it between you and the host or some other players, it is entirely possible that someone else is far laggier. This is not uncommon at all.

Example: I have played countless matches where only a single player was laggy while everyone else had minimal ping. There have even been times where that player would kill me multiple seconds after I broke line of sight, but, again, the match was otherwise essentially lag-free.

Have you actually used any of the mentioned weapons? As has already been stated here and in your previous threads, Snipetron and Opticor are both hitscan. There is no travel time. There is no hurtbox. If you get hit, it is because they are aiming at you when they fire (except for the snipers' inaccuracy while unscoped or shortly after scoping in).

Edited by Vyrndragon
minor clarification

That's clearly lag, the same that causes some melee to reach over 20m and makes that guy you have just jumped past kill you just while you were about to kill him with a shot on the back (and you even get to see him shot somewhere else and kill you anyways).

I've seen that from both sides; since I'm on LA playing on NAE/W I'm usually getting a ping over 250ms, making some players incredibly annoying.

Edited by -----LegioN-----

The problem is that with peer to peer your position on their screen may be different than your position on your screen at that specific time (lag), and vice versa. This problem is compounded with travel time weapons. I think dedicated servers wouldnt solve the problem but it would make lag more consistent and able to be worked with to be almost non existent. 

Daikyu is already a risk reward weapon anyways, last i checked sometimes you killed people when on your screen you clearly missed and sometimes you miss when you were dead on. so it kinda evens out, just not in the best way (accuracy ratios also play a factor if you are un-aimed)

oh and im not dead :)

On September 19, 2016 at 7:33 PM, Vyrndragon said:

Snipetron is hitscan (as is Opticor, for that matter), so it does not have a hurtbox at all. When hitscan weapons fire, they register as either a hit or as a miss the moment you click. What you are seeing there is a visible tracer round of sorts (all they do here is show vague direction of fire), which exist with most hitscan weapons and do not have any connection at all to the actual source of damage.

I'd recommend you give these weapons a shot so you have a better idea of how they function.

I'm the one on this video, Really? I used all these 3 (Illuminati confirmed) weapons  but i stopped using daikyu due to my perfect accuracy and insta kill with it, Being a totally scrub that uses the most cheapest weapon in conclave, And opticor with ash to shuriken low hp targets. Snipetron vandal is kinda my favorite and modded it to be good in pve and sortie 3, I rarely use it in pve because there are other better weapons. Snipetron vandal is 1-2 hit (Until that player has high hp or shield 3 hits unless it's the normal Snipetron) and has good advantages than normal Snipetron to kill easily like the 2.5 punch through and better fire rate well atleast slightly better. Do you want me to explain why i got it?   

Edit: I know i'm being off topic

Edit 2: When you use either titania noble/agile animations. Your hitboxes broke, I e headshot can't be landed but if you got shot in heart spot. Titania agile makes your headshot hitbox up your head but in air. That's all what broken in hitboxes, Nothing less or much. I know that hitscan weapons instantly reach where shot, Explained it to ribbium after the 1v1

Edited by (PS4)Ali_AmmarKh

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ali_AmmarKh said:

I'm the one on this video, Really? I used all these 3 (Illuminati confirmed) weapons  but i stopped using daikyu due to my perfect accuracy and insta kill with it, Being a totally scrub that uses the most cheapest weapon in conclave, And opticor with ash to shuriken low hp targets. Snipetron vandal is kinda my favorite and modded it to be good in pve and sortie 3, I rarely use it in pve because there are other better weapons. Snipetron vandal is 1-2 hit (Until that player has high hp or shield 3 hits unless it's the normal Snipetron) and has good advantages than normal Snipetron to kill easily like the 2.5 punch through and better fire rate well atleast slightly better. Do you want me to explain why i got it? 

...What? That all has nothing to do with my post. I couldn't care less what you use. I was addressing someone else, not you. OP was making claims about all 3 weapons that imply little to no actual experience using them, hence the question.

The only explaining I'd care about is why you necroed a month old thread instead of replying to the week old thread on the same topic (which is still on the front page, no less) lol

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, rockscl said:

If you dont want to accept the explanation then use daikyu yourself and show us how your arrows hit anything out of its reasonable radius of effect

so two videos of the hitboxes killing me (the game host) isnt enough evidence for you? what?  you can clearly see the hitbox issues in the game from those two videos but sure whatever i need to build the daikyu again and record me getting easy broken kills ok i will and then i will upload that footage and still get the same reply from everyone.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

so two videos of the hitboxes killing me (the game host) isnt enough evidence for you? what?  you can clearly see the hitbox issues in the game from those two videos but sure whatever i need to build the daikyu again and record me getting easy broken kills ok i will and then i will upload that footage and still get the same reply from everyone.

the arrow goes right were the client killed you in his desynchronized state of the game

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

no other bow has ever done this with me. just the daikyu which implys its just this bow that has this problem

If the situation on PS4 is anything like PC, then the Daikyu is the most popular bow by a substantial margin, and is also generally used by the more dedicated players (as opposed to MR0s running around with MK1 Paris'). As a result, you're far more likely to observe this effect with the Daikyu than any other bow – because you're being hit by it more often.

It doesn't matter whether or not you're hosting the game either, so long as there's a latency difference between you and the shooter. If the shooter hits on their end, it'll register the hit on your end regardless of how it looks to you.

Have a look at this:

Does that mean the Opticor's hitbox is too big, too? But that's impossible, it's a hitscan weapon. On my monitor I hit him between the pipes, and if you look closely, you can see that's where the Oro appears. It's really the same problem.

Thanks a lot @Loxyen for the clip.

14 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

Have a look at this:

Does that mean the Opticor's hitbox is too big, too? But that's impossible, it's a hitscan weapon. On my monitor I hit him between the pipes, and if you look closely, you can see that's where the Oro appears. It's really the same problem.

Thanks a lot @Loxyen for the clip.

Omgosh, thank you for this. I was about to suggest to the doubters that they should play Variant or wait till their platform gets it.

Every weapon with some trail will show how a player will get hit where they were moments ago, not where they are at in that exact moment.