The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Today's Sortie

(PSN)LeBlingKing

Hooo boy.

Let me tell you what fun I had on the third sortie of "Defeat Captain Vor's Forces"

Inaros, and a Corrosive Galatine with 400 Slash and 500 Corrosive damage.

Operation: Desiccate, and Finish.

EIGHT. FREAKING. WAVES.

LEVEL 100 LANCERS THAT TAKE 10 FINISHERS EACH TO DESTROY.

OPERATIVE DIES EVERY 5 SECONDS DUE TO TIME WASTED ON FINISHERS AND DESICCATION

BOTH MY TEAMMATES LEAVE DUE TO THEIR OWN NULLIFICATION OF SELF-REVIVES

MISSION FAILS WHEN I ENTER THE SARCOPHAGUS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE ENTIRE ROUND, CAUSING MY HOSTAGE TO FALL VICTIM TO INEVITABLE EXSANGUINATION

If you want to go melee mode in Sorties, use a crit melee with the appropriate shadow debt mods. Flat damage alone won't do you well against level 90+ enemies.

Also, you may want to bring a frame suitable for the mission type; Inaros isn't the best at defending allies.

4 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

If you want to go melee mode in Sorties, use a crit melee with the appropriate shadow debt mods. Flat damage alone won't do you well against level 90+ enemies.

Also, you may want to bring a frame suitable for the mission type; Inaros isn't the best at defending allies.

I did have both True Steel and Organ Shatter with my Galatine. I only brought Inaros due to his high survivability and his synergy with the Galatine's heavy finishers.

@ZeroGenmu: The squad had a Nekros and a Simulor Mirage. I don't have Limbo available, and they didn't at the time.

EDIT: @(PS4)A_SimpleName: Dagger, but no Covert, so I didn't bring it. Also the outcome would've been the same.

Edited by (PS4)LeBlingKing69

3 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

I did have both True Steel and Organ Shatter with my Galatine. I only brought Inaros due to his high survivability and his synergy with the Galatine's heavy finishers.

As I said, use a crit weapon (15% or higher base crit chance) and the appropriate shadow debt mods:

latest?cb=20160401031302latest?cb=20160401031257

The normal Galatine only has 10% crit chance, unsuitable for a full crit build, which means it isn't anywhere near as strong as actual crit weapons.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

EDIT: @(PS4)A_SimpleName: Dagger, but no Covert, so I didn't bring it. Also the outcome would've been the same.

As KinetosImpetus mentioned, Scarab swarm to CC and heal. While that buy you time, throw sands in their faces and 1-shot with Dagger/Covert. 

Once you get Covert Lethality, you'll change your perspective. I find over 10 covert lethality running Sedna's spy (Tikolashe or something). 

Sorties are intended to test your knowledge of the game and your ability to adapt to extreme circumstances.  Don't take the easy way out by using Covert.  :|

Grineer have armor. Armor wildly reduces the damage inflicted by Slash attacks and scales with level. Conclusion? You need to reduce or remove the enemy's armor.  Bring the Corrosive Projection aura, or get a decently status-heavy weapon and mod for Corrosion, or use any of the frame abilities or augments that remove armor.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Hooo boy.

Let me tell you what fun I had on the third sortie of "Defeat Captain Vor's Forces"

Inaros, and a Corrosive Galatine with 400 Slash and 500 Corrosive damage.

Operation: Desiccate, and Finish.

EIGHT. FREAKING. WAVES.

LEVEL 100 LANCERS THAT TAKE 10 FINISHERS EACH TO DESTROY.

OPERATIVE DIES EVERY 5 SECONDS DUE TO TIME WASTED ON FINISHERS AND DESICCATION

BOTH MY TEAMMATES LEAVE DUE TO THEIR OWN NULLIFICATION OF SELF-REVIVES

MISSION FAILS WHEN I ENTER THE SARCOPHAGUS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE ENTIRE ROUND, CAUSING MY HOSTAGE TO FALL VICTIM TO INEVITABLE EXSANGUINATION

Normally I'd tell you to Bladestorm with Ash. Rip.

5 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Sorties are intended to test your knowledge of the game and your ability to adapt to extreme circumstances.  Don't take the easy way out by using Covert.  :|

Grineer have armor. Armor wildly reduces the damage inflicted by Slash attacks and scales with level. Conclusion? You need to reduce or remove the enemy's armor.  Bring the Corrosive Projection aura, or get a decently status-heavy weapon and mod for Corrosion, or use any of the frame abilities or augments that remove armor.

He's in a PUGs so good luck with 4 corrosive projections. As for knowledge and adaptation, I agree. Even with Covert, he'll still need to know how to effectively use Inaros. Covert is just a tool. It is a simpler solution, but it's a more appropriate solution than hoping to get 4 corrosive projections in a PUG. 

I literally held down the entire enemy force by occasionally throwing out a Reckoning while myself and my teammates just beat on them when they were getting up and fighting each other. Operative barely ever even got touched because of all the rad procs.

Brute force isn't always the answer.

I brought a Saryn Prime, gave the Operative a Gas + Electricity 100% stat chance Pox, and infested the entire map full of Viral and Toxic procs with Molt, Spore, and an unranked Hexis-augmented (Blade of Light?) Jaw Sword. Whenever my two Arcane Energize sets proc'd a large amount of energy restores, cast Miasma.

The build:

• Corrosive Projection
  • Max ranked: Power Drift, Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Regenerative Molt, Quick Thinking, Primed Continuity, Primed Flow, Stretch, Overextended.
  • 2 Arcane Energize sets
  • Carrier Prime spec'd for Shields, Health, Armor, Guardian, Medi-ray, Striker, Vacuum.
  • Prisma Burst Laser, maxed Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Anemic Agility, Gunslinger, Pistol Pestilence, r9 Primed Heated Charge, Jolt (Gas + Electricity).
  • Zenurik spec'd with Energy Overflow and Mastery.

Literally melted the entire battlefield by casting Spores on my Molt, slashing my Molt with the Jaw Sword, Jaw Sword proc'ing Gas with the Hexis Syndicate Burst, and casted Miasma (155 energy per cast) whenever I had about 300+ in my energy pool. Out-dps'd an Ember Prime with a Synoid Simulor. Bled out only once on the last wave because I was trying to gather energy orbs and doing risky plays.

In sortie pub, never assume to run into a 4CP team. I did bring my own CP anyways using Ivara. I stayed with Prowl the whole time while silently shotgunning enemies at point blank with Corrosive + Fire + punchthrough.

I shot stealth arrows on the hostage so that became a non-issue so everybody can focus only on the enemies.

Galatine with 400 slash and 500 Corrosive only?  I'm curious what your mod setup was. 10 finishers to kill one lvl100 enemy sounds like a very weak modded weapon. Galatine is better than that.

52 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

Not better then a Frost, sure... but a appropriately built Inaros spamming his 1 and using his 4 can lock down rooms.

7 minutes ago, MystMan said:

In sortie pub, never assume to run into a 4CP team.

+1 QFT. Corrosive Projection is a convenience in case you run in a pub with other peeps using CP. Otherwise, the one CP you have equipped is still a great option especially if you're using Zenurik as your Focus.

Also, it's best to never assume you'll be in a pub that can CC, that can heal, that can pick your &#! up when you're bleeding out, or that can EV. Always assume the worst and prepare for the worst in pubs, in my humblest opinion.

for hard Defenses, if you insist on going Melee Inaros, you will need:

- a good Inaros Build (make sure you have maxed Rage and Vitality)

- a Dagger with Covert Lethality, because it will scale infinitely.

- a player as Frost/Limbo to look after the Operative.

- a player as a Nova/Vauban or other CC frame to slow enemies down.

- a healer (more optional in your case, but the others will sill need healing.

- health and energy pizzas, just in case.

59 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Always assume the worst and prepare for the worst in pubs, in my humblest opinion.

I live by this golden rule. when I go pub, I expect to be matched with the most incompetent players in the game, and 9 times out of 10, those expectations are met. that's why I prepare myself properly so that I'm not relying on others.