The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Today's Sortie

(PSN)LeBlingKing

I completed it with Inaros, and Lesion with Finishing Touch. Not needed the dagger. Me another dude with Rhino... only 1 Corrosive Projection.

Was a very easy sortie.

I think Galatine is overestimated; in the second mission i killed the most of enemies with the Lesion, and there was 2 Galatine Prime.

Edited by (PS4)ghinellil

4 hours ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

Do you recast effigy every time the dude wanders off?  Or was there really just a good crowd control frame who took the aggro off and let you get lots of easy kills?  Doesn't disprove my point.

In most sorties, you want efficient mob killing.  If the mob is tough, you want spammable crowd control.  There is often a niche for objective defenders or invisible frames.  Fragile frames often fill these roles with no problems because the right build and use of powers keeps them from getting hit at all.  Tanks keep you alive but don't benefit the team.

Don't give the operative a gun and he doesn't wander off much. He will stick to one spot for multiple rounds if not the entire mission. As for crowd control frames; can't crowd control if they are dead with me stuck juggling picking them up, killing, and keeping my eye on the operative to be sure he didn't take some random stray bullet. The number of sorties I have done in a defense/survival setting were I actually contributed next to nothing vs the number of times I did more than 50% of the killing (damage and kills, even keeping up with Bladestorm spammers), I kept the allies from dying (fire build, ran past them to heal them if I didn't think I would need to run Ice), or kept the operative alive out weigh the former to the point I usually run Sorties with just my girlfriend now cause I am tired of carrying people. 

Chroma is more than just a tank, toss a good CC weapon, or just run shred, and he owns the map with his personal damage. Play style can turn any frame into an efficient aspect of a team in higher level content. My Acid Shell Sobek on Chroma is a great CC armament while having fairly good damage from Vex Armor. Just run around blowing up the place before any real CC can be used. I have actually had people leave, pissed, that I was clearing the enemies faster than they could get to them with Mirage + Simular, arguably the strongest CC combo in the game.

At the end of the day, I am likely the one keeping the mission from failing because those fragile frames make one error and it's game over. I, on the other hand, have more leeway, and can deal with more pressure placed upon me. 

1 hour ago, OtakuPizza said:

it wasnt that hard ...

i went volt prime 

1 ash prime 

1 vauban 

1 wukong

and we all survived no deaths only i went down once cause a enemy sniper bugged up .

well all i did was volt ulti and the ash killed it with blade-storm . boobad crowd controlling the others till we take out sets of enemies and then the wukong was thrashing away with his stick.

Oh no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You had Ash who was killing?

What a crime (you must be a lazy player lol )

SHHHHHHH !!!!!! now users will ask for a more nurf :XD

10 hours ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

Do you recast effigy every time the dude wanders off?  Or was there really just a good crowd control frame who took the aggro off and let you get lots of easy kills?  Doesn't disprove my point.

In most sorties, you want efficient mob killing.  If the mob is tough, you want spammable crowd control.  There is often a niche for objective defenders or invisible frames.  Fragile frames often fill these roles with no problems because the right build and use of powers keeps them from getting hit at all.  Tanks keep you alive but don't benefit the team.

Tbh, I think the exception to Tank frames are Radiation Sorties. Your prior post mentioned "most Sorties," so I didn't make an initiative to disprove your post knowingly of the fact that you're aware of some circumstances where Tank frames have a use. 

No one wants to be Rad-proc or be affected by a Rad-proc'd ally that can potentially OHKO you, like an Ash, Mirage, or a Saryn. However, I do want to add that Tank frames aren't a selfish choice by any means. You can still contribute to the match even if you're not spec'd or using a Frame that specializes in CC. CC, by all means, is king in Warframe. Tank frames, by nature of judging your standpoint in the overall performance of the conditions based on the Sortie(s), are a pragmatic choice based on your expectancies.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

6 hours ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

Chroma is more than just a tank, toss a good CC weapon, or just run shred, and he owns the map with his personal damage. Play style can turn any frame into an efficient aspect of a team in higher level content. My Acid Shell Sobek on Chroma is a great CC armament while having fairly good damage from Vex Armor. Just run around blowing up the place before any real CC can be used. I have actually had people leave, pissed, that I was clearing the enemies faster than they could get to them with Mirage + Simular, arguably the strongest CC combo in the game.

+1 on Acid-Shell Sobek Chroma. I oftentimes run an Ice Chroma, but I gotta give Toxic Chroma a try. I forgot that Vex Armor could buff Sobek, I've always used it with a Silence + Resonance Banshee. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

+1 on Acid-Shell Sobek Chroma. I oftentimes run an Ice Chroma, but I gotta give Toxic Chroma a try. I forgot that Vex Armor could buff Sobek, I've always used it with a Silence + Resonance Banshee. 

It sadly doesn't buff Acid Shell itself, just the damage of your pellets,but its still is handy in dishing out a good amount of AoE damage.Toss on a good secondary like Akstilleto Prime with Shred, and you have a nice back-up for those low ammunition moments. One of my favorite setups along with using the Mios or Galatine Prime,