The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Today's Sortie

(PSN)LeBlingKing

That's pretty weird. 
I also went full melee on the last Sortie with Saryn Prime and the Nikana Prime. And I didn't have any problem at killing enemies. 
Probably, you should mod your weapon better, or choose a warframe that can deal more damage with the melee weapon you were using. Inaros for example is pretty good at using daggers. 

If you want my input on a melee Inaros, I'd go [close to] max range with no Power Strength on him:

• Corrosive Projection
  • Max rank: Handspring, Primed Continuity, Primed Flow, Vitality, Rage, Constitution, Stretch, Overextended.
  • Same Carrier Prime and Prisma Burst Laser I posted before.
  • Rakta/Dark Dagger with Covert Lethality, crit melee build with Maiming Strike, Blood Rush, Body Count, Berserker, Gleaming Blight.
  • Naramon with Invisibility passive and Mastery.
  • I have Arcane Grace and Ultimatum equipped on Inaros' cosmetics.

Give the Operative a good Secondary that can CC, be it the Sonicor, Blast Staticor, or Pox. The setup is simple. Start the matchup by maxing out your Scarab armor. Dessicate nearby targets. Melee Finisher over and over until health is back to max, or Arcane Grace heals your hp to max. Scarab Swarm groups to CC and heal. Let Red Veil's Syndicate proc handle trash mobs. Rinse and repeat.

2 hours ago, MystMan said:

In sortie pub, never assume to run into a 4CP team.

I had a sortie a while back where I ran into this mythical PUG. We didn't even notice all four of us ran it until the middle of the second mission. Was great. No one dropped either nor did we have cheese like Valkyr (I love y baby girl Valkyr though lol), Ash, or Mirage with AoE gear. Was something like Chroma (me), Zephyr, Nyx, and Volt. Fun time.

As for the OP. Bring Chroma next time. With Rage and Effigy you can keep the operative fairly protected while having high damage personally. Be it Corpus or Grineer, I have had many sorties where my Chroma does most of the work because of Effigy keeping spawn points in check on covering operatives. 

I took Banshee with resonance and sonic fracture. Keep silence always active to control enemies and then let your party be happy. May look cheesy to you, but we did not have CP. The operative only fell once.

I tested Zenistar during the mission. The flame disc is so fun!

Edited by renleech

The solo tough guy frames (Rhino, Inaros, Chroma, etc.) are selfish choices for most sorties.  Unless you have a very unusual build (like max range Rhino Stomp) you're not helping the team with cheesing or crowd control, you're just trying trying to survive.  There is no synergy with your team or the objective, you're basically hoping to stay alive to the end and have other players with better builds or frames carry you.

just target the health under that armor, high  slash+ status duration toxin  on your galatine with tempo royale stance and let the ticks eats their health...  with the slam from the stances combo they'll be on the ground most of the time while the toxin+ slash makes it  pretty easy<<<>> Like Emeril Lagasse, BAM! set it and forget it..

Ps Cp and life strike isn't needed..

4 hours ago, Momaw said:

Sorties are intended to test your knowledge of the game and your ability to adapt to extreme circumstances.  Don't take the easy way out by using Covert.  :|

Exactly this. You can cheese sorties in a lot of ways or try different things to overcome the challenge. I come back to do some sorties only to test out different things and it is actually really rewarding...

56 minutes ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

The solo tough guy frames (Rhino, Inaros, Chroma, etc.) are selfish choices for most sorties.  Unless you have a very unusual build (like max range Rhino Stomp) you're not helping the team with cheesing or crowd control, you're just trying trying to survive.  There is no synergy with your team or the objective, you're basically hoping to stay alive to the end and have other players with better builds or frames carry you.

I disagree, especially on the Chroma bit. When the end of the Sortie shows I killed most of the enemies, that means I contributed. Dead enemies means less attacking the operative. My high survival means I can suffer focus fire on me whilst reviving allies. My build is nothing unusual, your typical Max out Vex Armor as high as possible, but the play style, and ability usage is what matters. I will drop Effigy on the operative, amazing how well it guards them. Rage, Arcane Grace, and Guardian to keep me healthy with my lack of armor, and my energy up. 

I just took my Nekros Tankromancer build. Super high scaling enemies chasing my operative? Meet my 7 equally scaling buffed up meat shields hanging around me and the operative soaking bullets and shooting dudes. 

Also, eventually I got 3 Heavy Gunners and 2 Hyekka Masters. gg no re.

1 hour ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

I disagree, especially on the Chroma bit. When the end of the Sortie shows I killed most of the enemies, that means I contributed. Dead enemies means less attacking the operative. My high survival means I can suffer focus fire on me whilst reviving allies. My build is nothing unusual, your typical Max out Vex Armor as high as possible, but the play style, and ability usage is what matters. I will drop Effigy on the operative, amazing how well it guards them. Rage, Arcane Grace, and Guardian to keep me healthy with my lack of armor, and my energy up. 

Do you recast effigy every time the dude wanders off?  Or was there really just a good crowd control frame who took the aggro off and let you get lots of easy kills?  Doesn't disprove my point.

In most sorties, you want efficient mob killing.  If the mob is tough, you want spammable crowd control.  There is often a niche for objective defenders or invisible frames.  Fragile frames often fill these roles with no problems because the right build and use of powers keeps them from getting hit at all.  Tanks keep you alive but don't benefit the team.

6 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Hooo boy.

Let me tell you what fun I had on the third sortie of "Defeat Captain Vor's Forces"

Inaros, and a Corrosive Galatine with 400 Slash and 500 Corrosive damage.

Operation: Desiccate, and Finish.

EIGHT. FREAKING. WAVES.

LEVEL 100 LANCERS THAT TAKE 10 FINISHERS EACH TO DESTROY.

OPERATIVE DIES EVERY 5 SECONDS DUE TO TIME WASTED ON FINISHERS AND DESICCATION

BOTH MY TEAMMATES LEAVE DUE TO THEIR OWN NULLIFICATION OF SELF-REVIVES

MISSION FAILS WHEN I ENTER THE SARCOPHAGUS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE ENTIRE ROUND, CAUSING MY HOSTAGE TO FALL VICTIM TO INEVITABLE EXSANGUINATION

this is why players bring Ash to Sortie defense. (best play with Slova)

With 17k BS damage, even if the hostage is down, team mate will have time to revive him while Ash is taking care of the rest

and they said they wanna nurf it.  Good Luck

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

this is why players bring Ash to Sortie defense. (best play with Slova)

With 17k BS damage, even if the hostage is down, team mate will have time to revive him while Ash is taking care of the rest

and they said they wanna nurf it.  Good Luck

1. Bladestorm spam is not, and never has been, required to finish the sortie.
  2. The objective isn't to nerf Ash. The objective is to make him less lazy and more interesting to play. That's why DE calls these reworks.

11 minutes ago, Momaw said:
  1. Bladestorm spam is not, and never has been, required to finish the sortie.
  2. The objective isn't to nerf Ash. The objective is to make him less lazy and more interesting to play. That's why DE calls these reworks.

I will not go into discussion because it is not the topic, and the rework is not yet officially released

We'll just wait and see

6 hours ago, Maseguad_il_Belo said:

Moral of the story

Inaros is trash

/thread

Moral of the story: learn how to play inaros.

3 hours ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

Not really.

Inaros has 3 effective abilities for sortie defense. His first blinds enemies and is an effective cc ability, not to mention it opens most enemies to finisher. His 4th sends his survivability thru the roof AND when cast on mobs can heal the defense target and nearby allies. If your allies are low on health near an end of round, casting his 2nd and telling your teammates to eat the target will heal them up.

11 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

Moral of the story: learn how to play inaros.

Not really.

Inaros has 3 effective abilities for sortie defense. His first blinds enemies and is an effective cc ability, not to mention it opens most enemies to finisher. His 4th sends his survivability thru the roof AND when cast on mobs can heal the defense target and nearby allies. If your allies are low on health near an end of round, casting his 2nd and telling your teammates to eat the target will heal them up.

Just drop 2 heath pads.. that would faster and still your ally can play normally

1 hour ago, 321agemo said:

Health pads doesnt heal the defense target and as a general rule of thumb for myself, i try not to use pads.

Use healer specter

As for me, i always use all kind of pads, not for me since i don't need it, but for the squad, i monitor them while playing, and drop health and energy whenever needed.

No one dies on my watch

it wasnt that hard ...

i went volt prime 

1 ash prime 

1 vauban 

1 wukong

and we all survived no deaths only i went down once cause a enemy sniper bugged up .

well all i did was volt ulti and the ash killed it with blade-storm . boobad crowd controlling the others till we take out sets of enemies and then the wukong was thrashing away with his stick.