The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Find Anyone To Play With (Oceanic Region)

BorkLaser

Playing on Oceanic server, can never find a squad for any level worth playing. Even popular levels such as Xini, no one unless it's prime time. I think they really need to make solo play a viable way of getting exp because it really fails atm

With a Frost, Nyx, or any frame with decent CC you can solo the mobile defence Kappa (pretty sure it's on Sedna). Gives a reasonable amount of exp.

If you've got a decent computer you can play online and more likely than not you'll get someone join you.

tbh though I haven't been playing. It's all far too samey. Maybe once U9 comes out and (hopefully) revamps the interface and maybe FINALLY brings out something to do other than "go pick this up", "go shoot this" or "shoot everything". There isn't even need for teamwork unless you play defence, which requires more teamwork than the general community is capable of =/

> people are using clans instead of public matchmaking system en masse

> you're in oceania :( dem cruel facts of geography...

> no reason to revisit 90% of completed map nodes unless they're defences

> void runs totally inaccessible via public matchmaking system

game isn't dead at all, but online matchmaking is in real trouble :S

this.

Playing on Oceanic server, can never find a squad for any level worth playing. Even popular levels such as Xini, no one unless it's prime time. I think they really need to make solo play a viable way of getting exp because it really fails atm

Very true. This is now a looking for clan thread.

Indeed THIS!

(Also: check you connection - StrictNAT issue is a real pain in the b**t)

Recent changes to the networking portions of the game in order to combat hackers have made the connection parameters significantly more strict. You now are basically required to have both ports forwarded and not be on a strict NAT to even play most games. Furthermore: most people refuse to play with any form of lag and have set their ping limit to 100. This means that even if you do have your network set up correctly you still won't be able to find games if you generally have a high ping due to your geographical location.

Add to that the fact that the vast majority of players are in clans and only play with clan-mates and the further fact that the void is still extremely popular and you get a "perfect storm" of you-can't-find-a-public-game.

TL;DR: Find a clan. I heard that Broframe is recruiting again.

Edited by GottFaust

Well, it could be a wider issue then any of us know. I hope it is only a matchmaking issue.In this thread DE_Glen stated...

We get over 100,000 people connecting to chat every day without problems; you'd be able to join them too if it weren't for your Vonage box.
That figure never appeared too high to me. Maybe it is, but I honestly thought more than 100,000 people would be connecting each day worldwide.

Recent changes to the networking portions of the game in order to combat hackers have made the connection parameters significantly more strict. You now are basically required to have both ports forwarded and not be on a strict NAT to even play most games. Furthermore: most people refuse to play with any form of lag and have set their ping limit to 100. This means that even if you do have your network set up correctly you still won't be able to find games if you generally have a high ping due to your geographical location.

Add to that the fact that the vast majority of players are in clans and only play with clan-mates and the further fact that the void is still extremely popular and you get a "perfect storm" of you-can't-find-a-public-game.

TL;DR: Find a clan. I heard that Broframe is recruiting again.

Does broframe have any oceanic players?

Does broframe have any oceanic players?

Last I checked they have over 4000 members. I would assume at least some of them are Oceanic. Furthermore: ping limits don't apply to direct invites or session joins on friends or clan-mates.

I dont understand why people think this game is dead.

I have trouble finding squads too but not at the point where its impossible.

Online is better if you play with a clan i think but i pretty much always play solo because of lagging issues.

If the game bores you put it down for a bit,dont play for a month or two and then you will see if you really like the game or not.

This is not confirmed yet but it is likely a bug. It seems to seek out people from each ping level. 300 max ping will only find others with same setting. None of this however is officially confirmed and is now only a speculation. One other thing that makes games harder to find is clans. I'm part of a big clan and by experience, most of us do missions with clan mates rather than PUG's. I tend to go on PUG's but at a times, even I have to go with my clan members.

I am from the Oceanic region and do not play in public often.

Main reason is the behavior of random people who turn this team work game into competitive PvE.

Yeah that sucks but every time I join an Oceanic clan it's full of noobs or mutes that never respond in clan chat -_-

Clan doesn't solve anything. I'm in a 1600+ members clan and it is hard to find someone to kappa or kiste with. Find another clan? Its the same all around unless you have dedicated friends who play that content with you.