The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What lies outside the Origin system ?

ninjacat2015

27 minutes ago, ninjacat2015 said:

Were the Orokin an interstellar empire ? Are the Sentients invading from other star systems ? Will future expansions visit the universe outside the Origin system ?

As far as the lore is concerned now. The Orokin did not control any solar systems outside of the one the game is in, but the Sentients were created to act as a vanguard and prepare another system for their coming.  So the Sentients at least were originally invading from another system, and probably will again once more of them besides Hunhow show up. 

As mentioned above, DE has stated that we will be visiting another solar system which presumably the sentients are actually based. 

most likely all the Sentients other than Hunhow that survived the journey from Tau back to the Origin System. despite his title of "Destroyer of worlds", I reckon Hunhow is actually weaker than the Sentients lurking out there. Hunhow's got a boss that makes him look like the tiny black starfish the Sentients once were in comparison. maybe the original Sentient from the Detron Crewman Synthesis Entry (the one shot with a Whisper round at the trial of Archimedian Perintol.).

mark my words, Hunhow likely pales in comparison to the REAL Sentient threat, and this theory is enforced by the "Heavy Sentients" we're supposed to be getting soon. start practicing your best shot on Hunhow's Fragments guys, because the Sentients are about to hit the Gym!

4 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

most likely all the Sentients other than Hunhow that survived the journey from Tau back to the Origin System. despite his title of "Destroyer of worlds", I reckon Hunhow is actually weaker than the Sentients lurking out there. Hunhow's got a boss that makes him look like the tiny black starfish the Sentients once were in comparison. maybe the original Sentient from the Detron Crewman Synthesis Entry (the one shot with a Whisper round at the trial of Archimedian Perintol.).

mark my words, Hunhow likely pales in comparison to the REAL Sentient threat, and this theory is enforced by the "Heavy Sentients" we're supposed to be getting soon. start practicing your best shot on Hunhow's Fragments guys, because the Sentients are about to hit the Gym!

Remind me why they wanna come back again. I mean the orokin are dead and they have tau. I cant seem to find a reason for them to wanna fight us.

7 minutes ago, Newnight said:

Remind me why they wanna come back again. I mean the orokin are dead and they have tau. I cant seem to find a reason for them to wanna fight us.

they're still rather ticked off at being rendered infertile by the attempt they made to cross from Tau back to the Origin System, which was a deliberate design choice, most likely by Archimedian Perintol, who was responsible for the Sentients' creation. that, and the Tenno, despite being known as Betrayers to the Orokin, are still seen as enemies by the Sentients as we were the ones that eventually "won" the Old War (barely) for the Orokin Empire, before slaughtering the Orokin at the Victory Ceremony.

Spoiler

one of the bigger and more spoilerific reasons, hence this box, is because Lotus was actually a Sentient called Natah, who was supposed to make the Tenno slaughter the Orokin and then proceed to wipe out the Tenno herself, but against Hunhow's will, she instead chose to adopt and hide them from the Sentients, and Hunhow is still pretty mad about that. as far as the Sentients are concerned, nothing short of total domination of the origin system will sate their desire for revenge.

Pluto is part of the Kuiper Belt, beyond that is the Oort cloud and some astrophysicists theorize there could be one or two more large dark planets orbiting our sun, but too far away for us to detect, they speculate this because of unusual orbits of comets which could be caused by the gravitational pull of some outer body. 

Edited by Agentawesome

2 hours ago, Rounpositron said:

The Traveller has been dormant for too long. Makes me wonder if we will ever reclaim the other planets.

It will probably awaken in Destiny 4.... in the 5th DLC... that you will need the 1st throught 4th DLC to be able to unlock.

And have played and transfered your character throught Destiny 1, 2 and 3 and completed every DLC.

Edited by Venom-Snake

Outer Terminus is regarded as the furthest reach of the Orokin Empire and that's at Pluto, which isn't even a planet. There's no way the Orokin were an interstellar Empire. But they did try to be with the Sentients.

I'm mostly curious of which star system the Orokin tried to colonize. If it was Alpha Centauri or something else.