The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Naahmah, Raptor Boss

Robotech823

Question

Ok, so I have been playing for a little over a year or so on the xbox one. Recently I just made a computer and am trying to play through the game with friends on the pc. I got to Naahmah on europa which already had my least favorite boss in the whole game and I find that not only does the raptor boss still exist, but he is now near impossible to beat. Now there may be some supper strat or something that I am unaware of but using rhino and a tricked out boltor I am being utterly destroyed. Its not even a contest. it seems that no matter where I hit him he takes virtually no damage and yet he downs me in less than 5 glancing hits. To make matters worse this boss is a requirement to get through to Saturn. why did they have to make my least favorite boss and make him that much harder. I'm incredibly and have no idea what to do. I really enjoy this game overall and I understand that they want to make it a challenge for the skilled players but to me this over the top.

11 answers to this question

Try shooting it when it pulls its 'wings' away from its body. Then you throw the charge it drops into one of the vents.

7 minutes ago, Robotech823 said:

why did they have to make my least favorite boss and make him that much harder.

Also bub the game's development doesn't revolve around you

1 hour ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Bosses really aren't intended to be soloed. Bring a group and pwn him.

Oh, and look forward to getting Raptor as a level 100 Sortie boss!

54 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

We already did get it in sortie I believe. 

Yeah, I took a "Corrosive Projection + Irradiating Disarm + Redeemer" Loki and soloed it.

The new Raptor assassination was actually easier than the older one if you ask me.

This time, I beat the mission without any deaths since there seemed to be no instant-death homing missiles that ignore invisibility.

Edited by NativeKiller

39 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

This time, I beat the mission without any deaths since there seemed to be no instant-death homing missiles that ignore invisibility.

Hmm, probably a bug.  I shall report this post haste, it will be remedied within the week!

I agree this boss seems a bit easier than the original. I was able to solo it no problem using Atlas and a Synapse. Took less than 4 seconds to zap the raptor unit, then pick up the cell and drop it down the shaft. Rinse and repeat.

Just make sure you are aware of your surroundings, sometimes there are nullifiers and other hard hitting corpus units. Try to avoid them or take them out before you concentrate on the boss. Always stay mobile.