Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redeemer Pellets No Longer Add To Combo Counter

YagoXiten

What it says on the tin.

Redeemer's charge attacks and attacks made with Bullet Dance no longer increase the melee combo counter by 10 per attack. This is a massive nerf to the weapon, and had been that way for a considerable amount of time. They should change it back. It was not as if it were overpowered. I haven't had the time to test if it works with Electric Shield, but if they 'fixed' that, too, I'm going to be very upset. It was a very unique synergy that it had, and I'll miss it dearly.

12 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

Was it in any recent patch notes? It might just be a bug if it isn't. DE doesn't do stealth nerfs, after all.

Though that sounds like resounding sarcasm, they usually don't nerf things without putting it in the patch notes. The only reason "stealth nerfs" normally happen is that there is so much stuff going on with patches that some things can fall through the cracks. 

30 minutes ago, Imaru said:

Though that sounds like resounding sarcasm, they usually don't nerf things without putting it in the patch notes. The only reason "stealth nerfs" normally happen is that there is so much stuff going on with patches that some things can fall through the cracks. 

It's less sarcasm, and more like what I sincerely hope is true. DE said they don't do stealth nerfs, after all, so I want to give them the benefit of the doubt whenever something like this pops up.

Possible bug. Per-Pellet hit registering is funky. I'm shooting at Level 140 Sensor Regulator Eximus at point bank range, and it sometimes registers only 1 hit, sometimes more. Sometimes I can get more than 10 if I can get punch through its on the Regulator(s) behind my target, other times even with punch through it still only tracks 1 hit.

Although the multi-hit-per-pellet count was already kind of a unintended function, kinda like copptering or reload canceling.

Just now, KirukaChan said:

It's less sarcasm, and more like what I sincerely hope is true. DE said they don't do stealth nerfs, after all, so I want to give them the benefit of the doubt whenever something like this pops up.

I wasn't saying you were being sarcastic, as sarcasm transfers poorly (re: not at all) through text. The way I read it, it seemed sarcastic. 

Back to the topic at hand, I assume it is either a bug or something that fell through the cracks when the shipped the update. 

1 hour ago, KirukaChan said:

DE said they don't do stealth nerfs, after all, so I want to give them the benefit of the doubt whenever something like this pops up.

They definetly do stealth nerfs, but this time it obviously was a bug fix, not a nerf. 

5 hours ago, ograzzt said:

They definetly do stealth nerfs, but this time it obviously was a bug fix, not a nerf. 

It still is a nerf, and it still wasn't listed in the patch notes.

As far as why this isn't a 'bug fix'? It was there for months. It was never discussed as a bug, it was never reported as a bug. It just was a thing. It was discussed many times on this forum as a positive point for the weapon, especially after the Shadow Debt mods came out.

6 hours ago, taiiat said:

why did you expect to get 10 hits from a single Melee Attack?

it was a bug that it was doing that in the first place.

Because the only thing that's changed is the Redeemer's scaling with the Shadow Debt mods. And, even with those and Bullet Dance, it was, at most, top tier competitive, and by no means the best. There are other melee weapons that strike multiple times with a single button press (such as the Kogake/Obex or whips with the Coiling Viper stance), and their hits count individually. 

5 hours ago, ograzzt said:

It's a very long standing 'bug' then.