Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Job System (billboard idea)

jinxeverything

If you have played some RPG games then you should understand what am about to suggest.

In RPG games we have things like Job/ bill boards or bounties placed by NPC to pass the time or to gain new things through them, I want something similar in here except we the players place these jobs ourselves for other fellow players to do for us for a payment of course.

What are the payment in here? instead of making new currency lets use plats and credits (thanks to those who were positive enough with me).

How do we transfer the payment? it all happens while in Liset, you put the job up, wait for someone to complete it, get the notification its complete either from inbox or the console itself, press CONFIRM button for receive what ever you wanted and to transfer the payment you promised in your job description.

** What kind of jobs available?

So far i'm aiming for alerts only but if DE wants to expand on it, its their call.

** How many times I can put a job on billboard per day?

Only one but if DE wants to expand on it, its their cal.

** How many jobs i can apply to per day?

Only one to avoid plats digging or system abuse. but DE can increase it if they want.

** So the guy that does the job and job poster, what they get from the mission?

Job appliers keep everything they gets from the mission alongside end mission reward.

Job poster only gets end mission reward.

** What? how does even work and what about more people within the squad?

Basically, job poster only cares and want end mission reward, its does not matter how many people were in the squad, only 1 end mission reward will be received to job poster.

** Ok, how long the job stays on?

The length of alert itself, if the alert for 34 minutes, that's how long it will stay before the job expires.

** Ok, what about payment, how long i have to wait for it?

Job appliers can wait up to 24 hours before end mission reward expires, which then can used to complete another job.

** Ok, only one job per poster?

2 actually, 1 is public which anyone can complete and the second is clan only

The public job expires when the alert expires but the reward stays with job appliers, for clan it has 72 hours limit.

** What about job posters that want to troll and grief?

To combat them, if someone posted a job and declined it 2 times within a month, the system will auto ban them for 30 days, if they get 3 bans then the next time they decline (one time decline to trigger this) they will be auto banned for 30 days.

** What about the victim of a troll?

After they finish the job and got trolled, they keep the item and wait for next job to popup with same reward, all they have to do is apply for it and finish it that instant, if they chose to redo the mission for the same reward, then the item from the first  time will be overwritten to prevent duplication.

** But what about the guys that want to troll job posters?

They can't, they can only accept and finish the job, if they aborted the mission, they lose the job and their daily job opportunity and job becomes available again for someone to finish.

** What about the payment?

The payment are like this :

• 1 plat + 50k credits 
  • 2 plats + 40k credits
  • 3 plats + 30k credits
  • 4 plats + 20 credits
  • 5 plats + 10k credits

The reason the payments for the job is low or rather pathetic is to avoid plat farmer going 'erect'.

** Exactly why 5 plats is the reward?

The plats (1-5) for payment is per 1 player, if 2 players took the job then the payment will be between 2-10 plats and so on so forth.

1 player gets between 1-5 plats, and it caps at 20 plats per 4 players each receiving 1-5 for each players.

** I have over 50 million credits and over 1k plats so i don't see any benefits to me at all!!

That because this job system is to help new players get credits a bit faster (few 10k-50k per day) and plats to help them start the game.

** But but if they could get plats and credits faster won't they quit the game?

Assuming they could finish the job, someone is offering a job they can finish, if they picked it up in time too (one job per job poster). 

** Why one job per job poster and job applier?

To give everyone a fair chance at getting a shot at quick money for job appliers and to stop job posters from wasting their money.

** But if they could get plats that easy then DE is done for!!!

Nope, if am correct, 80%, more or less, from total Warframe players don't, didn't and won't buy plats/ PA/ PAA but instead do everything they can to get it through trading, so in short nothing will happen to DE (if trading plats DID in fact hurt DE they wouldn't allow it to exist or simply locked to account so you can only buy things from in-game store).

** BUT MAN YOU DON'T GET IT!!!

Ok, lets take a look at Warframe market shall we (where the plats go to other players and not to the game itself):

If i wanted a orange colored Kubrow or kavat but the game won't give me that, I turn to trading tab and type WTB and get the imprints i want.

If i wanted a Corrupted mod but the game won't give it to me, I turn to trading tab and type WTB and get the mod.

If i wanted a Nightmare mod but the game won't give it to me, I trun to trading tab and type WTB and get the mod.

If i wanted a Prisma weapon but didn't have enough Ducats, I turn to trading tab and type WTB and get the Prisma weapon.

If i wanted a Primed mod but didn't have enough Ducats, I turn to trading tab and type WTB and get the Primed mod, not only that but it may be partially maxed or fully maxed for extra plats.

If i wanted Prime set but RNG won't let me have it, I turn to trading tab and type WTB and get the set.

If i wanted Prime junk for Ducats but don't have enough Relic, I turn to trading tab and type WTB junk and get the junk.

If i wanted Nezha but can't do the Sortie, I turn to trading tab and type WTB and get it below the in-game market value (20 plats for set Vs. over 100 plats from the store)

If i wanted Arcanes but Raids can't played for whatever reasons or won't get the one i want, I turn to trading tab and type WTB and get the sets.

** MAN YOU STILL DON't GET IT!!!

Ok, there are 3 types of players :

Type 1, is the type that will buy PA, PAA and plats to support DE and spend it when needed and most likely don't bother with trading unless they needed something they can't get.

Type 2, is the type that will spend real money whenever its possible to for them.

Type 3, this type will refuse to spend real money and instead will try to farm plats in any way possible no matter what they were told by others .

Type 1 will most likely be a job poster and type 2/3 they b a job applier, as long as plats are not account locked and can be traded it will be used for trading.

** How will this benefit players again?

• Overstocked players will have something to sink their credits and plats into.
  • You get to play 2 missions at the same time (you lay whatever you want while the other player do the alert for you).
  • Starting player or players that are under "paid" can have another income.

If you think it will ruin the game, it won't, why would someone waste his time doing a job for 1-5 plats when he can sell Rhino Prime set for 250 plats at trading tab instead?

If you think it will hurt DE then why would they give us the ability to farm Primes and trade it for plats the same day or the day that follows it becomes available?

If you think it will hurt DE then why would they give us the ability to farm un-vaulted the same day it becomes available instead of forcing us to pay 60-70-80 (depends on your currency)?

This idea will basically do the following :

Instead of supply then demand (we farm anything then wait for someone to demand it) it becomes demand then supply!

Its hard to stay logged in to place request 24/7, so can I ask DE to make Nexus App capable of placing requests so the freelance can do it while we are away from the game and pay them up later from the App itself?

Will something like this even work in Warframe? am I being nut case again? will we see Vegito in the upcoming episodes of Dragon Ball Super? will Tomo-chan Wa Onnanko ever be adopted into anime? your thoughts! 

Edited by Prinny13
Organized the OP!

Yup, let me just use the app to never log into the game again, except for when new content drops, yet keep up with the resources I need without actually playing. What a fantastic idea!

Not to mention how useless credits become the longer you play. 75mil and counting and my count is relatively low.

have fun getting banned then. giving others your login info is against the Eula, Tos or something. 

alternatively, circumventing in game content (multiple accounts to get more syndicate items for sale, {in this case} having others do missions for you)is also a way to get banned.

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel
bolded info relevant to this scenario

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

have fun getting banned then. giving others your login info is against the Eula, Tos or something. 

alternatively, circumventing in game content (multiple accounts to get more syndicate items for sale, {in this case} having others do missions for you)is also a way to get banned.

I think he mean more like a new system integrated in warframe thats makes you able to ask other tenno to do stuff for you instead.

The problem i see it opens up warframe to soo much exploit... allright the new clan thingy reb showed us too but they are working on it.

Edited by trunks013

5 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Yup, let me just use the app to never log into the game again, except for when new content drops, yet keep up with the resources I need without actually playing. What a fantastic idea!

Not to mention how useless credits become the longer you play. 75mil and counting and my count is relatively low.

This is not for everyone but for those that re bored or interested. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

Not account handover but an in-game billboard, how should I explain it to you...... I place a request for someone else to do a mission for me, once done i receive a message that the mission is done, then i just end the request by completing the credits transfer, that's all.

Think of other players as a gun for hire, you place the bounty and they get the job done for you!

5 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

The problem i see it opens up warframe to soo much exploit... allright the new clan thingy reb showed us too but they are working on it.

That's why i suggested to limit the Client reward to be credits only, the freelance/ gun for hire keep whatever he gets from the mission.

Client only wants Nitain, Gun for Hire does the mission, Client gets Nitain, Gun for Hire also gets Nitain because that's the mission rewards + credits from Client, Gun for Hire don't get extra Nitain but only 1.

Giving billboard limitation on how many requests you can place will help preventing exploits, like you can place a request every 6-12 hours!   

10 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

I place a request for someone else to do a mission for me, once done i receive a message that the mission is done, then i just end the request by completing the credits transfer, that's all.

still sounds pretty shady to me because it essentially having someone else play the game for you.

1 minute ago, Prinny13 said:

That's why i suggested to limit the Client reward to be credits only, the freelance/ gun for hire keep whatever he gets from the mission.

Client only wants Nitain, Gun for Hire does the mission, Client gets Nitain, Gun for Hire also gets Nitain because that's the mission rewards + credits from Client, Gun for Hire don't get extra Nitain but only 1.

Giving billboard limitation on how many requests you can place will help preventing exploits, like you can place a request every 6-12 hours!   

Yeah because it could also be an farming technique.

Nitain alert lets do gun for hire a whole hour to farm like 100 of them.

that could be a problem.

Maybe limiting the number of request AND limiting the number of Gun for hire mission we can do per day or per alert. That would help.

still sounds pretty shady to me because it essentially having someone else play the game for you.

This is not for everyone, the same can be said about Prime farming, let some else farm Nekros P for you and you pay the plats for the hard work....

1 minute ago, trunks013 said:

Yeah because it could also be an farming technique.

Nitain alert lets do gun for hire a whole hour to farm like 100 of them.

that could be a problem.

Maybe limiting the number of request AND limiting the number of Gun for hire mission we can do per day or per alert. That would help.

I did say a request can only be done by one player, once the player pick the request no one else can do it, also maybe 1 day cool down will help here...

Just now, Stonehenge said:

Is it me, or in the practice, this concept would be dangerously close to gold farm ?

I limiting this idea to Alerts only to avoid THAT, guess my OP was not on point :(

1 minute ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

This idea can work if only premium currency (plat...) is the fee. Warframe can evolve to something like EVE where big conglomerate can "hire" people to run errands.

That would be an wesome way to farm plat !

I kinda like that :) 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

This idea can work if only premium currency (plat...) is the fee. Warframe can evolve to something like EVE where big conglomerate can "hire" people to run errands.

Well, i agree, i ve played EVE a lot, and really, while i have a big respect for this game, i don't want Warframe to become likte that, at any cost.

4 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

let some else farm Nekros P for you and you pay the plats for the hard work....

but the difference there is the normal trade is for plat, real world currency. Time = Money i would like to get paid for my time (my boss makes a dollar, i make a dime. that's why i poop on company time haha). but if im getting paid in a currency that isnt really applicable to anything or something i can easily obtain/already have in bulk, its not really worth it

8 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

Well, i agree, i ve played EVE a lot, and really, while i have a big respect for this game, i don't want Warframe to become likte that, at any cost.

Agreed, if plats are involved then the amount you have to pay to Freelance/ Gun for Hire should be between 5-10 plats, to avoid greed and that's why i went with credits since not everyone can do high level DS missions for easy credits, lets leave this to DE to decide. 

2 minutes ago, Torhque said:

Isn't this what Extractors are for? Minus Alert-only stuff

Except Extractors can't get that alt helmet or that Nightmare (+/+) mod for you :P

2 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Except Extractors can't get that alt helmet or that Nightmare (+/+) mod for you :P

And this devalues the entire point of DE having these as alerts if all you are going to do is pay for them. If you want to go that route then buy them from the market or trade, you'd be paying more for someone to play the mission for you anyways for most of those mods.

but the difference there is the normal trade is for plat, real world currency. Time = Money i would like to get paid for my time (my boss makes a dollar, i make a dime. that's why i poop on company time haha). but if im getting paid in a currency that isnt really applicable to anything or something i can easily obtain/already have in bulk, its not really worth it

I repeat, this is for those that are bored or want to help others, you are not forced to do this if you don't want to.

And keeping it within aspect of credits as a pay for work is to avoid P2W aspect, IF plats were involved then it MUST be 5-10 and not more.

I repeat, this is for those that are bored or want to help others, you are not forced to do this if you don't want to.

And keeping it within aspect of credits as a pay for work is to avoid P2W aspect, IF plats were involved then it MUST be 5-10 and not more.

Would the "job" be worth 5-10 plat for someone who's looking for a Despair or Hate? I'm just curious.

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

And this devalues the entire point of DE having these as alerts if all you are going to do is pay for them. If you want to go that route then buy them from the market or trade, you'd be paying more for someone to play the mission for you anyways for most of those mods.

Can I buy Nitain from the market or trade chat?

Its just one of things that may come our way as alert only (Sab 2.0 have a really bad drop rate), oh add Vauban to it too (if the guy don't want to spend plats but credits only).

It would still be "Pay to win" in a fashion, only it would be a "Dont pay DE and instead pay someone else with a currency that is worthless to win." If you make it where people can play other people's missions for helmets, you flat out destroy all income for those helmets for DE. There are in fact players that buy alt helmets from the market because they dont want to wait anymore or they are tired of missing them. Your idea would take that away, as well as further decrease the number of players playing alerts (there is only so much demand so the number of "mercenaries" would be limited to that demand). It largely would not work in any form that would be usable by DE.

3 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

It would still be "Pay to win" in a fashion, only it would be a "Dont pay DE and instead pay someone else with a currency that is worthless to win." If you make it where people can play other people's missions for helmets, you flat out destroy all income for those helmets for DE. There are in fact players that buy alt helmets from the market because they dont want to wait anymore or they are tired of missing them. Your idea would take that away, as well as further decrease the number of players playing alerts (there is only so much demand so the number of "mercenaries" would be limited to that demand). It largely would not work in any form that would be usable by DE.

Will limiting the obtainable items to just resources only be a good compromise? It will still destroy the resources buying in market, but I don't think many buy resources from market anyway. This concept is an interesting new idea, but it'll need a lot of ironing.