Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara Zamariu

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, HitsuSan said:

...please don't ever say that again Led XD my brain hurts...

why XD 
When I was thinking of making this, the first thing that I searched was THIS 
Like a swirly cloud with a tail :P 
The helmet would probably just be like a puff of cloud hahaha

Edited by led2012WF

Just now, led2012WF said:

no, I mean the swirly SWIRLY clouds that has an outline and has this minimal flat look :P 

that's common in oriental design overall.

*twitches*

why XD 

do i need to explain 'weaboo' to you

why XD 

You did well, it's a typical japanese ancient decoration used for about everything in the culture and all you can reference is naruto? XD It makes you look like you've copied something from a bland overly simplified anime style instead of the actual research and thought that you actually did if you were looking at real art related references ^^

12 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

If this turns out to be like your Banshee skin, you have all my upvotes.

And if the theme is supposed to be japanese, I'd say Jinsei, or some synonym of life.

Jinsei sounds super cool. The design looks very cool. Maybe you should try inspiring it a little on classic samurai armors? 

9 hours ago, TheMetrocop said:

do i need to explain 'weaboo' to you

Yup, Surprise!
*twitches* 
*le sigh*
*makes inaudible noises*

9 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

You did well, it's a typical japanese ancient decoration used for about everything in the culture and all you can reference is naruto? XD It makes you look like you've copied something from a bland overly simplified anime style instead of the actual research and thought that you actually did if you were looking at real art related references ^^

I don't know Htisusan, It's just the first thing that came up my mind. 
I don't really do research when making skins. I see something on pinterest/artstation as an inspiration, I think about a single theme and I just go on building the skin around that theme.
My design skills are pretty poor and I still have much to learn.  I suck at designing and I need to do more work and research to actually improve. 
Oh, and btw, I still have Keith Thompson's website pinned on my browser, and I haven't yet used any of his art for inspiration/refs. :P 

Just now, texrei said:

Looks cool, but how it could be ported on the Prime model?

that's the big problem of the Tennogen skins right now. All of them are made using non-prime bodies. but when you use a Prime frame with a tennogen skin, boom, some parts are gone and some extra prime parts are added.
In-case of Trinity, it's a pretty big change I guess, the skirt and tail won't carry over to the Trin Prime body.
I hope they add a customization option to use or not to use a non-prime body when using Tennogen skins. 

1 hour ago, led2012WF said:

that's the big problem of the Tennogen skins right now. All of them are made using non-prime bodies. but when you use a Prime frame with a tennogen skin, boom, some parts are gone and some extra prime parts are added.
In-case of Trinity, it's a pretty big change I guess, the skirt and tail won't carry over to the Trin Prime body.
I hope they add a customization option to use or not to use a non-prime body when using Tennogen skins. 

Yea, i hope we'll be able to use the default bodies, especially her. With the new physics and this skin she will look great.

I really wish you guys weren't limited to the base models :(

Something that I would perhaps add is a bit of texture to some areas. Which are hard, shiny metal, which are softer fabric/textile/biomesh whatever-it-is? Right now it looks very ye olde fantasy. Event though I too thought of akatsuki when I first saw those clouds.

Hm. My problem with this right now is that the pattern is a bit too uniform, there is not enough variation in size or frequency of the swirlies and in some parts there's just too many of them, looking at the back I'm seeing a lot of noise that obfuscates some of the body shapes.

7 minutes ago, Lactamid said:

Something that I would perhaps add is a bit of texture to some areas. Which are hard, shiny metal, which are softer fabric/textile/biomesh whatever-it-is? Right now it looks very ye olde fantasy. Event though I too thought of akatsuki when I first saw those clouds.

Obviously that plays a part too and I'm hoping some of it can be remedied with just some material work.