Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where be thee Nezha

Making these kind of threads (especially being on a platform that drastically limits TennoGen options and availability) in my opinion serves no purpose. If an artist has a feeling he/she can give Nezha some new pizzazz, he/she will pursue it. A thread pointing out an obvious fact does nothing.

When someone wants to make a Nezha helmet, someone will make Nezha helmet.

Edited by LazerSkink

26 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Making these kind of threads (especially being on a platform that drastically limits TennoGen options and availability) in my opinion serves no purpose. If an artst has a feeling he/she can give Nezha some new pizzazz, he/she will pursue it. A thread pointing out an obvious fact does nothing.

When someone wants to make a Nezha helmet, someone will make Nezha helmet.

ive got the nezah 3d model  and others downloaded  

maybe ill give it a go once ..kabuto is done 

I believe that one of the things steering creators away from Nezha is that his files were incomplete. Just like all the other Warframes that have any sort of cloth physics, his files were missing the loincloth. I suppose this wouldn't stop people from simply making a helmet, but it's still a nuisance.

Just a few hours ago, Kary said that his files were updated, so I presume they are complete now. Tennogen isn't really my thing, so I can't confirm.

Hitsu-san expressed some interest in making a Nezha skin, so be sure to let him know that there's an audience out there for him.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

tennogen web content,  and thanks ..i did it fast ..so its ...sloppy to me ...

https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=content-files-and-examples

Oh right, we can get that from the Warframe Tennogen tool as well, right? Also, the sketch is amazing at what it is meant to do, which is displaying an initial idea. The refined details should be in the mesh. :)

1 minute ago, Gorila_Azul said:

Oh right, we can get that from the Warframe Tennogen tool as well, right? Also, the sketch is amazing at what it is meant to do, which is displaying an initial idea. The refined details should be in the mesh. :)

makes sense

the tennogen tool will model it , but its just for organizing your upload

you could download sculptris or something to work it with , but you need to reduce the poly count 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

makes sense

the tennogen tool will model it , but its just for organizing your upload

you could download sculptris or something to work it with , but you need to reduce the poly count 

Not really planning to touch anything that isn't Zbrush for this... I just like it that the tool has all the tips and basic tutorials neatly summed up and links to the downloads (and the function to organize the upload).

5 hours ago, heskaroid said:

What's that? Nezha needs a tennogen skin?

He needs to lift. No? Then he's as weak as a spaghetti noodle.

On a serious note it seems that the tennogen community only make skins for those frames that are popular.

personally im just going to make stuff for frames that ive had an idea on 

and in regards to nezah looks in chinese mythology he is a petite looking, kinda rolls with the mythology 

i like it when myth based frames follow their mythology .. oberon, titania, wukong, nezah , atlas ....

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i like it when myth based frames follow their mythology .. oberon, titania, wukong, nezah , atlas ....

I think Atlas is questionable. I'd be doubtful of Oberon and Titania as well but I can't say I know enough of their characters in the original Shakespeare writings to really know that much.

The one that has nothing to do with his myth in terms of aesthetics, though, is Loki.

45 minutes ago, Gorila_Azul said:

I think Atlas is questionable. I'd be doubtful of Oberon and Titania as well but I can't say I know enough of their characters in the original Shakespeare writings to really know that much.

The one that has nothing to do with his myth in terms of aesthetics, though, is Loki.

mythology is a bit of a hobby for me, always intrigues me , ive got plenty of books on many lore/mythology , some very old (even some ol.. never mind)

from memory some quick things pop into mind

atlas was a titan, with immeasurable strength, enough to hold up the sky, our atlas is plenty strong, and can get more so on his 1 power

oberon and titania predate shakespeare and his  written work, i wont go into to much details, but oberon in game matches well in terms with some of the mythology abilities to a point as well as the deluxe skins bow , though hes 3 feet tall, hunched and has inhumane beauty ...dont ask ..

titnaia herself is more  focusing on her butterfly theme/control which is in MSND , though there is something of her i am struggling to remember mythology wise, maybe ill go hunt for it later

loki is fine ,as the  norse trickster the powers to decoy, disarm, teleport, and go invisible work well there as loki in mythology could do...many things 

personally more myth based warframes would be fun 

8 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

mythology is a bit of a hobby for me, always intrigues me , ive got plenty of books on many lore/mythology , some very old (even some ol.. never mind)

Something that's important to keep in mind is that the developers usually aren't the ones that come up with Warframe names. When they do, it's usually very late in development after the design and powers have already been decided.

The last several have all had names voted on by The Design Council. Titania's moveset, design, butterfly motif, etc had all been planned before they had any idea what her name was, so they definitely aren't rooted in her mythology.

Nezha and Wukong are the only characters that were made specifically with mythological figures in mind. Scott mentioned this when he was talking about their movesets.

10 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

Something that's important to keep in mind is that the developers usually aren't the ones that come up with Warframe names. When they do, it's usually very late in development after the design and powers have already been decided.

The last several have all had names voted on by The Design Council. Titania's moveset, design, butterfly motif, etc had all been planned before they had any idea what her name was, so they definitely aren't rooted in her mythology.

Nezha and Wukong are the only characters that were made specifically with mythological figures in mind. Scott mentioned this when he was talking about their movesets.

yes im aware of that, its more intriguing for me to see how close a warframe  reflects the name origin

• 2 months later...