The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are we getting more than we asked for with the war within?

iFlynn

Maybe in the quest after the war within and we get the umbra we might get some corpus lore and stuff. Maybe fighting the board or Nef and the umbras are sort of like a primed zanuka, this is most likely not correct. But they are something either in TWW or the next big quest we will find out.

And on another note, anyone else think that warframes take a human build an armor around it then infect it with a modified strain of infested?

Edited by fred101j

2 hours ago, Chipputer said:

To answer your question: no. We're not getting "more" than we asked for. I'm not sure exactly what kind of question that is.

"Getting more than we asked for" is a saying that essentially means something will be/is bigger and better than we expect/expected. Iflynn is essentially saying tww might exceed our expectations.

No need to be such a condescending person about it, also it surprises me that you dont recognize the saying. It is very common.

2 hours ago, awtLander said:

If you  see it as an ad thread, other people are seeing it as a means to spark discussion on the forums that'll get the devs' attention hopefully ;)

It's called a subtle disguise.

Though not so subtle as of late, considering how many the OP has posted.

5 hours ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

Just adding a thread bout the war within and then posting a youtube video seems to be unusual to say the least. At this point why even bother posting about this update. It's been so long I almost forget what this update even is about. What makes it even worse is the fact that I'm on XB1 and will not see this update until the next year has come.

Image result for tick tock picture

"TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK, TENNO!!" - Vay Hek.

it's a bad idea to hype, but safe to say this HAS to hit it out of the park, being AT LEAST as good as Second Dream. I personally will just keep waiting, as I have other games to play.

otherwise, the salt will flow...

On 17/10/2016 at 6:11 AM, DogManDan said:

[removed by mod]

Third time I'm addressing this. If a community moderator sees it fit that my posts be moved to fan zone so be it. but for the time being it is here. can we all please stop being salty that I posted a link to a youtube video and discuss the topic at hand like this post is originally made for?

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed inflammatory quoted comment

19 hours ago, Azrael said:

Either the first or second option sounds like a lot of fun. I love those guys, and would welcome anything that might bring us more dialogue from them.

But DE rarely has us doing things that make a permanent impact on the game. We killed Alad V long before he came to us asking for help. We haven't even met the queens yet, I doubt we'll be removing them from the game any time soon. [...]

I heard a pretty convincing theory that the Grineer are actually run through a supremely militaristic Matriarchy, which would make Kela the most likely option. 

Fully agreed with the second point though, nothing ever really dies in Warframe, let alone something that has not even been introduced yet. 

A lot more beside the quest? I hope so. 

mod system rework, streamlined and better sorted. 

Damage rework

resource distribution rework

AI rework? maybe, would be nice to fight an enemy that wants to fight and isn't just trying to get past me to get to escape pods.  Coward AI is annoying. 

I'd love to see the entire game get a bit of solidity. Maybe take that nice map builder they're talking about and apply it to the entire solar system. Set up a tiered system where we play and rank up:

1-30 standard beginners Mr 1-10

30-60 Second tier MR 11-20

60-90 third tier MR 21-30

set up weapons and standard frames into the MR lockout system encourages people to play through the solar system, and gives purpose to the MR system as a whole. 

Place all weapons as clan tech in the labs,, and Standard frames on bosses per common and also in arenas, rathuum and index. 

End game endless missions of various types including what we have now but also a nice endless kill spree extermination run each floor goes up level and we just continue till we decide to leave it, this can get us the resource needed for index and rathuum, Other resources can also be applied, forma, potatoes, but make us work for this stuff, All the stuff should be accessible in game, but not passive awarded for speed runs. NO MORE GO FAST. slow down and play. 

Give us the players the choice of level range and scaling when we start a missions. base it on MR for team play, MR/4 average mobs and scaling for team play. mob =MR for soloist. Give the soloist back a map with mobs on it. make mobs more aggressive rather than hiding from the player and evading all the time.....Locking the door and hiding is not combat tactical it is cowardly and dull. NO more coward AI.

Put all of the primes in void with fissures and traces Make void relevant again. And harder. PRimes should be the thing we work for. Thats the thing we pay 130$ for it should not be given away for no effort on a passive reward system with little to no effort or input on the players part. 

design a system where we actually have to work for those primes rather than having them fed to us with a spoon..

yes, I'd love to see some more stuff besides a quest.

10 hours ago, iamiFlynn said:

can we all please stop being salty that I posted a link to a youtube video and discuss the topic at hand like this post is originally made for?

So I feel like I should have mentioned this in your "I'm new here" thread, sorry for not warning you. People here are... sensitive... about advertisement threads. If they think your thread even smells like it was made to drive up views on your channel, they'll get seriously triggered and the salt will flow. I don't really blame them either, there have been some very blatant advertisement threads that were just hilariously obvious. One guy actually wrote "if you liked this video please feel free to like and subscribe, and check out my channel" *in the op for the thread*! It was so funny and random, I don't think a single person even tried to respond seriously. Eventually most of it got deleted and the op was edited. So we have a history here.

To avoid this, I recommend make the op a bit longer. Anything said in your video should be repeated in the thread, if it's important. People should be able to participate in the thread without watching the video, and they should feel like they don't have to watch the video while reading the thread. Also make sure to participate in the discussion yourself. Even then, some people will complain, but if you're respectful to them it probably won't derail the thread too badly. Hopefully this helps!

As for the subject, I'm worried that we'll get less than we expect. DE tried to give us more than we asked for, and that's why it's taken so long, because they kept scrapping things. I'm worried that they'll end up saying "we can't try to do this much, people are rioting as it is. Let's just push this out with a nice quest and the new tileset, and tell them we'll release some cool new stuff a little later."

5 hours ago, Azrael said:

To avoid this, I recommend make the op a bit longer. Anything said in your video should be repeated in the thread, if it's important. People should be able to participate in the thread without watching the video, and they should feel like they don't have to watch the video while reading the thread. Also make sure to participate in the discussion yourself. Even then, some people will complain, but if you're respectful to them it probably won't derail the thread too badly. Hopefully this helps!

I'd also recommend not saying things like this:

On 10/16/2016 at 10:35 AM, iamiFlynn said:

Thanks trying to make a positive platform for discussion and hopefully show the majority that the forums aint as bad as people make it out to be! 

Like, apparently we on the forums are all horrible negative people, and only OP can save us?

Idunno man, I wanna like OP and have some fun discussions but it would help if he participated in other people's discussions sometimes and didn't act like we're all 4chan or something. 

5 hours ago, Gelkor said:

I'd also recommend not saying things like this:

Like, apparently we on the forums are all horrible negative people, and only OP can save us?

Idunno man, I wanna like OP and have some fun discussions but it would help if he participated in other people's discussions sometimes and didn't act like we're all 4chan or something. 

I discuss in other peoples posts :c ? 

11 hours ago, Azrael said:

So I feel like I should have mentioned this in your "I'm new here" thread, sorry for not warning you. People here are... sensitive... about advertisement threads. If they think your thread even smells like it was made to drive up views on your channel, they'll get seriously triggered and the salt will flow. I don't really blame them either, there have been some very blatant advertisement threads that were just hilariously obvious. One guy actually wrote "if you liked this video please feel free to like and subscribe, and check out my channel" *in the op for the thread*! It was so funny and random, I don't think a single person even tried to respond seriously. Eventually most of it got deleted and the op was edited. So we have a history here.

As for the subject, I'm worried that we'll get less than we expect. DE tried to give us more than we asked for, and that's why it's taken so long, because they kept scrapping things. I'm worried that they'll end up saying "we can't try to do this much, people are rioting as it is. Let's just push this out with a nice quest and the new tileset, and tell them we'll release some cool new stuff a little later."

I'll take all of this into consideration with my next post. 

4 hours ago, iamiFlynn said:

I discuss in other peoples posts :c ? 

I guess it's just 'cause you're new, I haven't seen much aside from posting in your own threads, so it probably just takes time. 

I have to say that I'm curious what bad reputation the forums have though. All I know is that according to the Warframe Reddit we are all bootlicking white knights who think DE does no wrong.

11 hours ago, Gelkor said:

I guess it's just 'cause you're new, I haven't seen much aside from posting in your own threads, so it probably just takes time. 

I have to say that I'm curious what bad reputation the forums have though. All I know is that according to the Warframe Reddit we are all bootlicking white knights who think DE does no wrong.

According to what Region chat explains to me, the off-topic zone and the general zones are salt encrusted hate-fueled engines of moderator depression, while the fan zones are all filled with stupid ideas by over-optimistic brats and Digital Extremes "content-noticing" beggars. Having been here for three months, I can honestly say that. . . well, this place is as schizophrenic as the rest of the Internet. More variety then a Chinese Bazaar with significantly less chances of being shanghaied. 

Edited by Unus