Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Delta - Spec-Ops Frame

Salenstormwing

Warframe Name: Delta / Aegis / Phalanx

Concept: Spec-Ops, Commando, Artillery, Operator, Commander, Airborne

Delta is a strong, well-armored Warframe based on military special forces units. Delta’s powers tend to revolve around supporting both offensive and defensive missions, providing the Warframe with flexibility in supporting teammates defensively or offensively.

LORE

Spoiler

My child, my Tenno, let me tell you a story of long ago.

Long was The Old War, but when it was still new, the Orokin Masters, high atop their golden towers, sat and planned for a force to repel the new invaders that sought their downfall; the Sentients. So troubling was this new foe, that each of the golden lords searched far and wide for an answer to defeating this new & terrible threat.

The military Grineer were one such answer. Flesh wrapped around an unencumbered mind, cloned repeatedly, clothed in slabs of ferrite and alloy metals; such a crude, savage, unfeeling weapon. They were a force they could make, to bludgeon back the sharp blade of the Sentient forces. And so they made them. First one, then another, then more. An army of expendable soldiers.

But an army is made of more than just the flesh, just as a sword is more than just the metal it is formed from. Both require work, to shape an unmolded lump of flesh or metal into a true weapon. And so the Orokin, as powerful as they were majestic, turned to another to sharpen their newest weapon.

The Dax, the protectors of the Orokin, taught these newly minted soldiers. Still, one does not turn such crude weapon into a fine blade overnight nor could the Dax make such an imperfect, unrefined force into a true army. Skills of a bodyguard did not mesh with the skills needed for an army, and so the Dax went humbly back to their masters, to find one who could teach their masters’ army in the ways of strategy, of discipline, of offense.

So they, the Golden Lords, turned to one of the Tenno. His name was Delta.

Some would say he was the brother to Excalibur. The yang to his ying. The gun to his brother’s sword. The brutality of the ancient ballistic weapons was his to command. He came forward at his Masters’ call, and went down to teach the imperfect, the cloned, the many, to shape them into the force the golden lords wished.

Lessons in assault, flanking, cover fire, boarding actions, maneuvers, the shield and gun, strategy and artillery. All the things such a force might need, he taught, both from the practice halls with their simunitions to the direct actions he coordinated in the midst of new warzones that sprung forth like the explosions that burst forth from around battlefield. Every fight a classroom, every Grineer a student, a gun or shield or rocket launcher now a text book, a pen, a notebook. And so he taught them, and the students, once dull and unsure, became sharp and brutal, the tools of war now focused on the enemies of the golden ones.

And then… he was gone. And no one noticed. The war was ablaze across the system and a single Tenno, no matter how important, was lost in the shuffle of Grineer fleets and the explosions that sprang forth from the soil. With the lessons taught, the students became the teachers, and they would teach the new, show them the way of the gun, of suppressive fire, of assassination and boarding actions. Maybe they noticed their teacher’s absence by their side, maybe they did not. So imperfect and yet so deadly. They did not care, for caring was not what their teacher had taught them. Only the skills needed to them. And so he was forgotten.

Now, my child, my Tenno, you see that you might craft a weapon at your foundry, but sometimes the deadliest of weapons are the ones we make without full knowledge of what such a force might yield. Delta helped the Orokin make the Grineer, and now, with the golden thrones empty, the Grineer endure; a weapon crafted by the hands of a Tenno, now at the throats of every living creature in the system.

And that is the story, my child. Delta was great, having forged one of the most impressive of armies, and now all that remains is that weapon, a weapon that will continue to cut and stab long past what Delta or his Masters might ever have imagined.

The Moral of the Story: Master Ranks are there to protect the Solar System from you crafting something you can’t handle. (Entire Grineer Military Force is MR 45, btw. 1 Grineer Marine Division is only MR 38 though.)

APPEARANCE:

Spoiler

Delta%20Helmet%20Concepts_zpsuanm6uac.jp

Various helmet designs for Delta.

Body design similar to that of Proto-Excalibur, except with more armor padding, additional magazine/grenade pouches and tactical knife mounted on left shoulder/chest area.

More art to come.

Stats for Delta

Health:     125.0 (375.0 at rank 30)
Shield:     100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)
Armor:      240.0
Power:     100.0 (150.0 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed:     0.95

Polarities:     1x D, 1x V, 1x --

Aura Polarity:     None

Warframe Passive: Delta tends to carry more ammo for weapons than standard Warframes. This ammo is also customized for Delta’s use, providing him with ammunition that is more lethal than standard ammunition and power cells.

+10% more Primary ammo and +5% more Secondary ammo is carried

+7.5% to Critical Chance and Status Chance, +0.5 to Critical Damage (after mod calculation) to Primary Weapon (and Archwing Primary Weapons).

Below are my concept ideas for powers for Delta. #2 and #3 are sort of variable. I don't know which I prefer, so I tossed them in to see what others preferred. All are basically themed on the idea that Delta isn't using his energy to do exotic and esoteric powers. These powers hit hard, help both himself and his team, and are no nonsense. He's also got the least energy of ANY Warframe. So what he lacks in energy, he makes up in powers. Oh right, I changed it back to 100. I'd rather it be 90... but whatever.

Also, I am a horrible artist when it comes to PC drawing. I'm an okay PC colorist, but drawing... I just suck at. So I decided to go super basic on some just reference pics I scribbled up, so folks understand what I'm talking about with each power. Yay garbage artwork! My self esteem is already rock bottom! Woo! Clem!

Power 1:    Breacher

Spoiler

Desc:        Delta launches a mobile breaching charge into the area in front of him, to incapacitate one or more possible targets.

Energy:    25

Strength:    100 / 150 / 200 / 250 (damage)  1 / 1 / 2 / 2 (rockets)

0.5 / 1.0 / 1.5 / 2.0 (punch through)

Duration:    N/A

Range:        10 / 12 / 14 / 16m  AoE: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4m

Note/Effect:    Delta launches a small, seeking projectile at his enemies. Projectiles independently seek out a target in range. Targets stuck by the projectile are stunned by the concussive force, while targets hit in the area of effect explosion are only potentially stunned.

Number of rockets is adjustable by Power Strength as is AoE chances for stunning enemies. Enemies in overlapping AoE explosions have the potential to be stunned for even longer.

Breacher can be launched through doors & solid objects up to it’s punch through in distance. Rockets do not continue punch through when striking a target.

Power%20Breacher_zps3mpny5ox.jpg

Power 2:    Takedown

Spoiler

Desc:        Delta charges then throws himself at his intended target, tackling or grabbing him, pinning the target before driving his combat knife into the target’s body.

Energy:    35

Strength:    0.5 / 1.0 / 1.5 / 2.0 (melee damage multiplier)

Range:        3 / 5 / 7 / 10m

Note/Effect:    Attack is single target, but upon hit, will land a single finisher attack to the target who was hit.

Damage is based on what melee weapon is used by the Warframe. Melee knives will be holstered to Delta’s left shoulder by default (this can be changed with holster positions) instead of its usual default location.

Mods that affect the power include the standard, plus Handspring (which helps speed up recovery from pinning the target), Natural Talent (which speeds up activation and the actual attack of the power), and Covert Lethality (which follows all the standard rules of Covert Lethality in combination with a finisher attack).

Targets that are not killed by the power suffer from being Knocked Down and must recover normally from the status as normal.

58ed779171f036b769a49e989cb9ce3e.gif

Power 3: Field Munitions

Spoiler

Desc: Delta upgrades the performance of his Primary and Secondary ammo for a short amount of time to assist in special operations.

Energy: 50

Energy Drain: 5.0 per second

Strength: 1.0 / 1.25 / 1.5 / 1.75 (Ranged damage multiplier)

Duration: N/A

Range: N/A

Note/Effect: Effects depend on the classes of weapons (Effected by Strength Multiplier):

All Weapons (when applicable): Damage +90%, Critical Chance +45%, Status Chance +45%, Flight Speed +40% (Projectile weapons), +10m Range (Beam weapons), Charge Time -33% (Charging weapons)

Rifle:              (Belt-Fed): Magazine Size +200%

Shotgun:       (Flechette): No Damage Falloff

Sniper:           (Whisper Rounds) Silent (if already Silent, +100% Critical Damage)

Bows:            (Ricochet): Arrows bounce up to 4 times

Launchers:    (Shaped Charge): No Self-damage (If already no Self-damage, AoE +30%)

Speargun:     (Recall Code): Spear returns to user 2 seconds after being thrown

Single Pistol: (Conversion Kit): Full-Auto (if already Full-Auto, Magazine Size +45%, Ammo Maximum +45%)

Dual Pistol:    (Speed Loader): Reload Speed -45%

Thrown:         (Poison Blade): Toxic Damage +90%

Power 4: Alpha & Beta

Spoiler

Desc:        Delta deploys one of two personal drones; either the healing-support drone, Alpha, or the Hunter-Killer attack drone, Beta.

Energy:    75

Strength:    ? / ? / ? / ? (Placeholder)

Duration:    10 / 20 / 30 / 40 seconds

Range:        10 / 20 / 30 / 40m

1 (speed multiplier)

Note/Effect: Special binary display for which drone is currently selected.

Alpha & Beta only use energy when summoning drone, not when selecting drone.

Alpha is a support drone, with an AI set to aggressively guard Delta (or any of Delta's comrades within range for its drone service area). It can heal, recharge shields, and dispense ammo. It can also do this to Defense targets, Rescue targets, allies, and any sentinels that are needing repairs or healing. It will also heal any allies in the downed state. Kubrows, Kavats, whatever. Your Alpha drone will be able to take care of your favorite pet while you clear out the enemies.

Beside Healing and what not, the Alpha Drone also provides general recon info on what's around it, highlighting targets within LOS of it, which provides a small boost to any damage inflicted to it.

It'll have an innate evasion because it's not an offensive power, and so tends to be harder for enemies to hit.

Beta is the assault drone. A Hunter-Killer. It's heavily armored. It's heavily armed. The drone's AI will target clusters of enemies with micro-missiles which Proc BLAST or a large area-denial napalm fire attack or it will attack single or small groups with machinegun fire from several mounted weapon points. It sports a decent shield and heavy armor, and while not as evasive as it's brother, Alpha, it still will stay mobile and strafe targets

The AI also might get a bit upset if someone attacks Delta and knocks him into the downed state, at which point the HK will go on a frenzy of destruction. It'll stop evading and instead attract attention from enemies in order to give Delta's companions time to revive him.

Power Strength effects all powers, health, armor of the drones.

Optional Augment #1: Omega Protocol: The selection choice for Alpha & Beta is removed. When the Alpha & Beta power is used, a hybridized Omega drone is summoned. It is part Alpha, part Beta, able to perform both functions at full performance (when augment mod is fully upgraded). Best qualities and powers of both drones are utilized.

Energy Cost for augmented is +5 / +10 / +15 / +20 (based on rank of mod).

Alpha%20Beta_zpsneasfz5d.jpg

Concept Idea/Look/Design Collage:

Spoiler

Concept%20Collage_zpsv80j6sje.jpg

Maybe someday I'll put together an actual description of what Delta looked like, beyond my crappy stick-figure drawings. Just think something between Grineer & Tenno. Sleeker than a Grineer, more built than an Proto-Excalibur in armor and tactical gear.

So yeah, basic design look collage. Quite a few near future-based designs. I could see the arm 'exo-structure' being sort of a cool design element to mount both the Breacher's launcher on the right arm as well as the Assault Shield's energy & mechanical elements on the left.

Also, Zeiram/Zeram. He's sort of like a Warframe, if Warframes were some weird alien biomechanical monster bio-weapon designed to be utterly badass. Also, it's from the 90s, and pretty awesome. I still love the design of the guy. It's very... Warframe-esque. Seriously, someone steal the 'head' of Zeiram with the wide hat/eye/scarf and give it to Mesa please. Seriously, it would look super awesome. Otherwise I'll just stick with my Falcon cowboy hat.

Sorry, got distracted by cool looks and all. Again, Delta should be similar to Proto-Exaclibur, but a bit heavier and bulkier. Not slow, just carrying around extra stuff for missions. Pouches, mags... actually, those would probably look cool as 'attachment' pieces on other warframe. Like a 'chest plate' with extra armor and pouches, or just some shoulder plates. Have a stripped down version for the Warframe, with additional attachment parts being available to bulk up Delta's look (as well as other Warframes as well).

Okay, that's enough for now I guess. Until I can draw something that doesn't look like garbage, or someone else does that. Either way...

Anyways, feel free to comment now. Hopefully folks don't insta-hate the idea of something a bit less esoteric.

10.25.2016: Okay, so I've replaced Assault Shield, Support Kit, and Tactical Network with two new powers, Alpha & Beta, and Takedown. Takedown replaces Assault Shield, making Delta more combat offensive, and good verses single targets, while Alpha & Beta provide a single buddy drone to help support the team with either a healing/support drone or with offensive/AoE damage drone, allowing it to handle the duties of the two other powers more or less, and makes the character more flexible.

I've left the original powers in the document, will consider reworking them if folks seem to like them, otherwise I'll delete within the week. Now deleted.

Also, updated the Passive, and Breacher (now with punch-through)!

10.26.2016: Alpha & Beta concept artwork up. Will probably add more concept ideas for each later, but for now, 2 of each type is the way to go.

Also, it's my bad artwork I scribbled out in Clipart Studio. I'm trying to learn it, so it gives me something to fiddle with. Will add actual sizable content later.

12.20.2016: Helmet Concepts artwork added under APPEARANCE. No Power #4 rework yet.

2.27.2017: Power Reworks finished. Alpha & Beta promoted to #4 Power, Field Munitions added as replacement #3 Power. Yes, that means no more Artillery power. (Seriously, you don't like AW, I get it. Yeesh. Anyways...) Field Munitions provides new, flexible upgrade to all ranged-weaponry at the cost of energy drain. When in doubt, just pretend #3 is "Riven Mod: The Power".

Edited by Salenstormwing
See foot notes.

That high armor puts him way up with the tougher frames AND the above average hp pool seems to be a bit much. The 105(315) shield seems worthless too, why not have it standard? the passive ammo mutation is nice and all but the stat boosts seem too much.

I'm commenting now cause don't think people will just bookmark this thread and check to see when you're done to say their 2 cents on it so far. Good luck with the formatting, I've also had issues with neighboring spoiler tags and such >.> 

15 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

That high armor puts him way up with the tougher frames AND the above average hp pool seems to be a bit much. The 105(315) shield seems worthless too, why not have it standard? the passive ammo mutation is nice and all but the stat boosts seem too much.

I'm commenting now cause don't think people will just bookmark this thread and check to see when you're done to say their 2 cents on it so far. Good luck with the formatting, I've also had issues with neighboring spoiler tags and such >.> 

Formatting is always a pain. I think I got it square though.

As for changes. This was all initial concept when I wrote this all down. The 295 armor sounded heavy, but still would put the frame in at #6. I suppose maybe 240 might be good. Would be #8, and that's just a hair over 3 other frames at 225. The shields... eh, yeah. 100(300) sounds fine. Let me make those changes. The HP I still want to have be a bit higher than normal. I was thinking of putting Energy at 90, instead of 100, but... at some point I tossed that idea out, and went back to 100. So yeah, I scooched a few numbers around so far.

Eh, I just had this idea in my brain mostly, and so I wrote it. Anyways, let me go fiddle with the stuff above. Like I said, I wanted to bounce ideas off of others before I said "This is set in stone!" Because it's not. This is just my first, and very rough, draft.

Edited by Salenstormwing

33 minutes ago, Richtor2415 said:
Spoiler

5Soldier76.jpg

I have no idea what you're talking about!

tumblr_m4vhrizVNc1qj3ir1.gif

Oh, look, it's 1200 Hours.... errr.. CLEM IT ALL!

51 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

This guy would become my go-to for alot of business... Dude's gotta have some serious upper body strength to haul out Dual Decurion though.

Yeah, Dual Decurion would be pretty cool to run around with. It'd be super energy intensive, but just the idea that you're bringing an "Anti-Ship" weapon to the battlefield would be good. Plus... Lephantis would have no idea what hit him.

On 10/16/2016 at 4:03 PM, Salenstormwing said:

Aura Polarity:     None

Why?

Warframe Passive: Delta tends to carry more ammo for Primary weapons than standard Warframes. This ammo is also customized for Delta’s use, providing him with ammunition that is more lethal than standard ammunition and power cells.

+10% more Primary ammo is carried.

+5% to Critical Chance and Status Chance, +0.2 to Critical Damage (after mod calculation) to Primary Weapon (and Archwing Primary Weapons).

Eh. Not very interesting or significant.

Desc:        Delta launches a mobile breaching charge into the area in front of him, to incapacitate one or more possible targets.

Energy:    25

Strength:    100 / 150 / 200 / 250 (damage)  1 / 1 / 2 / 2 (rockets)

Range:        10 / 12 / 14 / 16m  AoE: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4m

Note/Effect:    Delta launches a small, seeking projectile at his enemies. Projectiles independently seek out a target in range. Targets stuck by the projectile are stunned by the concussive force, while targets hit in the area of effect explosion are only potentially stunned.

Number of rockets is adjustable by Power Strength as is AoE chances for stunning enemies. Enemies in overlapping AoE explosions have the potential to be stunned for even longer.

So, a boring version of fireball, or literally 76's helix rockets.

Desc:        Delta deploys a personal shield from his left arm. With the shield deployed, the user can only access secondary and melee weaponry.

I don't understand why. 35% is barely anything. Normal melee block is usually higher. At the cost of my primary weapon, this is possibly the worst defensive ability you can get. Shatter shield not only mitigates damage from all directions, but it also reflects it, and lets you use any weapon you want without limiting movement.

Delta drops a special mission support pack down for both himself and his teammates to use.

Energy:    50 (if #2), 75 (if #3)

Strength:    4 / 8 / 12 / 16 ammo per second (Assault Rifle Rate)    10 / 15 / 20 / 25 HP restored per second

Duration:    15 / 20 / 25 / 30 seconds

Range:        3 / 5 / 7 / 9m

So, Health and Ammo pizzas. Not really as useful as say... a Trinity.

Desc:        Delta’s onboard tactical analysis cephalon is overclocked for a short time, allowing the Warframe to use ranged weapons with exacting accuracy and speed.   

Energy:    75

Strength:    1.0 / 1.05 / 1.10 / 1.20x (Initial Multiplier)

Duration:    5s

Range:        50m (Max Distance)

Note/Effect:    Delta activates “Aimbot” for whatever ranged weapon he is using. This is similar to Mesa’s  Peacemaker, except it does not replace the ranged weapon. Projectile weapons with travel speed are increased by +100% and guided to the target during this time.

Reload speed is moderately increased as is weapon damage (in accordance to the power’s Strength).

This also provides a 4 / 8 / 12 /16m Enemy Sense while activated to the Warframe. These enemies are highlighted by the power for all team members, although they do not receive the bonuses provided the power except for being displayed on the radar and highlighted.

Totally not related to any Powers or Abilities possessed by any soldiers in ranges of #1 to #75. Totes original, yo.

Okay, LITERALLY soldier 76.

Delta uses the power of the Void to summon his Archwing’s primary weapon for use in non-Archwing missions,

No.

8 hours ago, Rehtael7 said:
Spoiler

Why?

Eh. Not very interesting or significant.

So, a boring version of fireball, or literally 76's helix rockets.

I don't understand why. 35% is barely anything. Normal melee block is usually higher. At the cost of my primary weapon, this is possibly the worst defensive ability you can get. Shatter shield not only mitigates damage from all directions, but it also reflects it, and lets you use any weapon you want without limiting movement.

So, Health and Ammo pizzas. Not really as useful as say... a Trinity.

Okay, LITERALLY soldier 76.

No.

1: Why not? Auras don't always have to be polarized. I'm not making THE ULTIMATE Warframe.

2: Passives are passives They're not meant to be overly significant. I mean, I could always change them, to be higher, but I figured it was better to err on the side of less is more.

3: Actually, the Breacher is more like Ash's throwing knives or Nyx's Psychic Bolts, except they're designed to be AoE and to stun a few enemies.

4: 35% was my choice for blocking because it's designed to tank damage, not to be an auto-reflecter. Plus, power strength still can boost that. Plus, that was my initial choice was just over 1 in 3 shoots will be reflected. The number can be changed. Easily.

5: Yeah, like I said, it was the weakest of the concept powers in thought. I didn't say it was good, it was just an idea. That's why I was asking for suggestions on how to change things.

6: Yes, LITERALLY Soldier 76. I guess my sarcasm in the notes section was far too subtle. Anyways, it's worst version of Mesa's ult. But why not? Giving one ability that actually uses the weapon you've got equipped instead of it being built into the warframe... oooooh... how different. It still seemed like a decent enough idea. And it's not like it couldn't be changed anyways. Again, this was all my initial concept work.

7: And... No? Why not? Excalibur creates a weapon out of pure energy, Ivara summons a multi-shot bow of destruction, Atlas summons two rock golems to his aid, Titania shrinks and BECOMES an Archwing, and Valkyr becomes an invulnerable spikey death-kitten with giant energy claws and laughs off all damage... But summoning your Archwing Primary weapon... that's where you draw the line? Even though it's energy intensive, it's even moreso when you're moving with it, and it's just the yang to Excalibur's ying.

Does anyone else want to tell me why my concept is bad? I'd prefer comments that suggest changes over just "No". That would be great. Yeah, I can see I'm going to be fun.

3332894_o.gif

Edited by Salenstormwing

1 minute ago, AnimeNinja1301 said:

I think your warframe idea is decent actually. Not the best, but decent, and as you said, You're not making the ultimate warframe. So I like your idea.

Thank you. I wasn't trying to make the ultimate warframe. A concept shouldn't be based around being "the best". I just felt that there was a real hole in what Warframes currently do. Most of them focus on either esoteric powers, or Mesa has her Peacekeepers which are based on Secondary, or Excalibur with his Melee. So yeah, why not something more focused on the Primary-esque focus. The "Artillery" power just allowed me to drop a large 'anti-ship' weapon into the game without it being totally unknown and not having to create a brand new weapon similar to Excal or Mesa's #4. That way folks could be flexible with their choice. And it seemed like a unique idea.

Also, Auras don't need to be polarized. Half the time, someone's just going to turn it into a -- Polarity anyways. I decided to leave that option to the player instead. Again, flexibility is good.

Okay, so, a spec-ops frame. 

Lore: 

Spoiler

It seems decent. Someone had to train the Grineer to fight on some level. I don't see any real logical reason why a Tenno/Warframe would train the Grineer. The timelines are funky in WF, but this definitely feels off. I'm not seeing why the Dax wouldn't have been sufficient. What I do really like is the drama of having the Tenno help create the monster that is the Grineer. It's a theme that always intruiges me (that the Orokin created this monster, they're basically slave masters). Doesn't mean it isn't an interesting story and the parallel to real life is well-documented. That's just one example link. I guess the problem with that is that the Orokin already did that and you haven't convinced me as a gamer or a reader as to why a Tenno would be involved.

I think you should keep the yin/yang to Excalibur description (I've used it for Nyx/another 'frame), but I think you should cut the "some would say he was the brother to Excalibur" bit. It's on the verge, the very cusp, of putting Delta on a pedestal right alongside Excalibro. Every time I see this, or similar things, in lore, I point it out because I don't think concept creators need it. 

Aura: 

Spoiler

I don't even bother with these when making concepts, and once advised people not to, but it's still a thing. It's extraneous information I think. That said, it looks like you're still mirroring Excalibur here. That would have been a better logic/answer to questions, imo. It's easy to get defensive about our babies, but it can also be a pitfall. More advice on that later. You don't have to heed it. You can put it in the bin with my entire post if it doesn't help you. (And that's something I tell concept creators and authors in writing workshops. Has nothing to do with you.)

Passives: 

Spoiler

It's pretty basic. Extra ammo is hard to find an appeal for a military-themed character, because it is so basic/orthodox. There's also the problem that most people don't run out of ammo except in specific situations where the drops are few and far in between. Now that every sentinel has a Vacuum Precept this is even less of an issue. (And then there are restores.)

You've got to find some unique sweetspot for a passive that feels relevant to the theme, but is actually special. I've no idea what that is, but the crit and status buffs are a good start. Maybe increase those.

On non-esoteric powers: 

Spoiler

This is also one of the hardest parts about creating, justifying and finding an audience for military-themed concept in  game like Warframe. In another game? Easy! They're often the central character to entire franchises, have been, and feel like they always will be. 

Warframe is, aesthetically and in story and abilities, different from all those franchises (while still being mechanically every bit the 'kill bad guys' game they are).

Warframe is inherently esoteric. It's inseparable from every 'frame. To avoid it outright tends to be a mistake. Makes the concept the same as all the other games. You will, rightly or wrongly, get called out for making a standard military grunt that ignores what the game's all about.

Does that mean a military-themed concept can't be done? Hell no and of course not. Many of us want to see it happen. It's just very hard to pull off. You've got to find that unique way to do it that blends the orthodox with the very unorthodox world of Warframe.

Breacher: 

I understand its purpose mechanically and why it works. Not sure why the Orokin would give a warfrme a breaching charge, though, when we never breach any doors. Feels like a hold over from the military theme, and doesn't quite translate into WF's world as an actual power. Ask yourself why. Think like the Orokin, think like DE, then make it work.

Assault Shield: It works aesthetically, but provides no real benefit to Delta or the team. With his armor rating, I could build a broadsword to deflect attacks, and retain a beastly attack speed. Delta is already a little on the slow side, this makes him slower without providing any real material benefit, drains energy, and limits me to secondary fire. Think about how to make this do more than it's doing, but not overpowered. 

If you've used Current Shield on Volt, consider how unsatisfying it is right now.

Support Kit: Pretty basic. I like heals and support powers, but for a spec-ops guy, this should probably do quite a bit more than it does. The augments should probably be part of the ability, but even then, I don't know how much they help. Maybe you need to scrap this and give him something meatier. If support is weak, it sometimes needs to go and be replaced with something that will satisfy the player and serve the theme/role. Since you already know it's weak, that might be a hint to drop it. Up to you.

Tactical Network: I don't like aimbots. There's no other way to say it. I know Mesa exists. Yep. The buffs are a decent idea, as is the analysis cephalon, but this could use some work. Additionally, I don't ply Overwatch and it went over my head until quite  while later. DE has plead guilty to taking inspiration from other game's, and we're free to do it too. I just think it's a really, really, bad idea to knowingly do it, especially with Overwatch.

I think you can come up with something both original and more warframesque.

Artillery: I get it. And every military themed 'frame seems to get requests for a Big F******g Gun. I don't know why it's an AW weapon, though. They're meant for AW. Just give him a minigun that uses rifle mods.

On 10/16/2016 at 7:31 PM, Salenstormwing said:

This was all initial concept when I wrote this all down. 

Eh, I just had this idea in my brain mostly, and so I wrote it.

This is just my first, and very rough, draft.

Yes, but if you knowingly post a rough draft, you do have to accept the reactions of your readers. Many will go easy on the concept because of the notice, but some will not. You can't become defensive, and rebut criticism with "it's a rough draft". I mean you can, but you shouldn't. Let me find another post I made and throw it in here. It's worth repeating:

Spoiler

I wish more concept creators would draft first, and hold off from the excitement to post their brand new idea. I know it's exciting! But slow down, and I guarantee your final product will be better. Part of it is because that's just the natural process for anything. Refinement makes it better. (You can over-refine, too, but it's less likely for most people.) The other part is those who have been around for a while have seen a lot of concepts come through this section and elsewhere. Taking the time to make sure your idea stands out is good.  

If you want to do this, put in your best effort, and then the community will more than likely give you theirs. Sometimes we give it our best and it flops anyway. That's how it goes.

I'd also advise you to learn to take criticism, and negative feedback with your chin up. People will be negative. Sometimes they'll be mean. Sometimes you can tell when it's stuff you need to ignore. Sometimes you'll have to challenge it with tact and diplomacy. Sometimes you can honestly ask for more information, then go from there. Other times you'll have to stand your ground and defend your ideas. (I like when that happens because it challenges me to actually think about why something is the way I've designed it, gives me a chance to outline it in a good rebuttal. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. Sometimes I don't know I'm wrong until days, weeks later. Is what it is.)

The post I'll quote below for instance. You could have asked why they said that. What about it is cringe worthy? What did you do wrong? It'd be up to them to provide more feedback, and for you to decide from there if it is useful or something you should chuck in the trash.

That said, anything here that isn't useful I've given you, chuck it in the trash and do you.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/707416-i-have-a-design-please-see-it/?do=findComment&comment=7899165

11 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

Thank you. I wasn't trying to make the ultimate warframe. A concept shouldn't be based around being "the best". I just felt that there was a real hole in what Warframes currently do. Most of them focus on either esoteric powers, or Mesa has her Peacekeepers which are based on Secondary, or Excalibur with his Melee. So yeah, why not something more focused on the Primary-esque focus. The "Artillery" power just allowed me to drop a large 'anti-ship' weapon into the game without it being totally unknown and not having to create a brand new weapon similar to Excal or Mesa's #4. That way folks could be flexible with their choice. And it seemed like a unique idea.

Also, Auras don't need to be polarized. Half the time, someone's just going to turn it into a -- Polarity anyways. I decided to leave that option to the player instead. Again, flexibility is good.

Worth trying, but you have to find a way to do it that's appealing or serves a truly unique roll or both. Otherwise, why would we build it? We already have beastly primaries folks have poured numerous forma into.

I believe WF needs a military-themed concept.

I believe you have a start, but can improve this.

I believe you need positive comments like Ninja's to support you and those like Rehtael that challenge you to do better.

Hope this helps. If not, chuck it in the bin.

Edited by Letter13
Removed quotes/discussion of removed posts

7 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

Okay, so, a spec-ops frame. 

Yes, but if you knowingly post a rough draft, you do have to accept the reactions of your readers. Many will go easy on the concept because of the notice, but some will not. You can't become defensive, and rebut criticism with "it's a rough draft". I mean you can, but you shouldn't. Let me find another post I made and throw it in here. It's worth repeating:

Worth trying, but you have to find a way to do it that's appealing or serves a truly unique roll or both. Otherwise, why would we build it? We already have beastly primaries folks have poured numerous forma into.

I believe WF needs a military-themed concept.

I believe you have a start, but can improve this.

I believe you need positive comments like Ninja's to support you and those like Rehtael that challenge you to do better.

Hope this helps. If not, chuck it in the bin.

Okay, maybe rough draft isn't the phrase. Unrefined perhaps and wanting player input is the better one. I was working out the idea for 24 days in Google Docs before I ever posted it here. But again, I don't trust my own thoughts on stuff.

And as for Rehtael... yeah, the mods took care of his discussions. Listen, he had some points, right up until he broke the Code of Conduct. At least you didn't. Thank you for not going that route.

And yes, I'm sure I can improve it.

As for the Aura Polarity, yes, that's the OTHER reason it's a NONE. I tend to also hate Aura Polarities that aren't --'s anyways, personal play style since Corrosive Projecting and Energy Siphon are both there, but I didn't want that to favor them over the V's weapon damage auras. So it's easier to go with None than pick one. Plus, if the Devs want to pick an Aura polarity, that's fine. Their call. I'm fine with None for it.

I'll be truthful, the Passives, I'm a little scared with changing too much just because Crit Chance and Crit Damage are quite dangerous to fiddle with. I suppose pushing it them up a fractional more might be necessary. But I'm not sure what would be a proper number, since adding a +5%Crit Chance to a +1% Crit Chance primary (with high RoF) could really make the meta of some weapons super scary that aren't normally crit-weapons. Might need to do a percentage of Crit Chance and Damage over a solid increase. Perhaps.

Honestly, the Breachers were initially supposed to be high-tech versions of the Grineer Seeker's Latcher bombs. I just figured that latchers tend to very slow and not very effective and the AI probably wouldn't work well for a Tenno, so why not replace it with an air-bursting aerial variant that could concuss an area like ship corridors and enclosed rooms.

The Shield... yeah it could probably be stronger in some areas, but in a frontal assault, it could be very tanky. Finding a balance would be nice. And I'd prefer it to be more useful/effective than Volt's picking up his shield, but finding a balance would be the key. Or adding a modifier to it... like... while deployed, the Shield has a built-in supply of secondary ammo, allowing you to not expend ANY ammo while deployed. That might make some secondaries very happy, especially ammo-heavy ones or ones with small ammo pools like the Pistol Rocket Launchers. Hmm.... I might have to consider that. What do you think? Good? Not good? I could see it being fun with a Kulstar... as long as you can make sure you don't rocket yourself with AoE damage (since the shield should be taking that sort of damage).

Yeah, Power 3 probably needs a full revision/replacement, both the Support Kit and Tactical Network, but I'm not sure what would be a good one at this point. I suppose maybe some sort of support fire. Or maybe just a **** ton of Latchers. Something good and AoE'y. Perhaps.

As for Power #4... Again, I went with it to add flexibility to the concept. Some folks like their Dual Decu, some like the standard Imperator, some like having a quad flack cannon. And some want to snipe guys with a huge sniper rifle. Why not give them more than just "Have a big machine gun/bazooka/flamethrower/whatever"? Yes, it would require folks to have Archwing to fully  use it, but it wouldn't prohibit it. Plus, for folks that don't... allow the generic Imperator to use the mods from the Primary but not at full strength, since non-Archwing mods are pretty OP. Dismissing it just because it's Archwing weaponry isn't really going to make me change it because I like the idea that the warframe can summon a massive anti-ship weapon out, and use it to stand firm, and gun down enemies, or can burn tons of energies to maintain the weapon's use in a gravity situation while moving. The energy of the void is what would allow them to compensate, even if shortly, to use the weapon fully.

Don't worry, I'm not tossing your thoughts into a bin. There are some things I need to change. Suggestions on what would be good to change them with are totally something I'd like, like a good replacement for Power #3's placeholders right now. I could honestly use actual thoughts on what to replace stuff with, or at least suggestions where I should push some numbers or add options to said powers. I do like my idea of having secondary ammo not drained while the Shield is deployed, and it was in one of my earlier thoughts on the power. Somehow I guess I never wrote it in or decided against it. Might be worth revisiting.

Anyways, thanks for the thoughts.

Edited by Salenstormwing

Well, I'm on the drawing board again, and thought I'd post what I'm working on for Delta.

1: So far Breacher & Artillery are staying the same. Just because some folks don't like it doesn't mean it's worth throwing away. I like the flexibility of the AW weaponry and would like to see them get some use, even if it's outside their usual zone. I'm planning on tweaking some of the verbage though, so primary mods can apply to the generic Imperator, but since normal primary mods are about 50x greater than AW ones, there's gunna be a general downgrade of their performance by a lot.

Plus, it's no different now than not being able to do Uranus missions since 99% of those require Archwing/Sharkwing as well. Anyways... other than some additional text (that I'll be working out later) nothing will be changing those two powers.

2. Assault Shield is gunna get an upgrade to "Blast Shield". Because, tanking shots from the front is fine, but let's make it a bit better. Any blast-based attack (I'm looking at you, Bombards) who hit Delta while using "Blast Shield" causes a massive shockwave to erupt from Delta's shield, knocking targets down and applying a BLAST proc to them in return. Each shockwave will cost a certain amount of energy (mitigated by Energy Efficiency), but now you're Blast Proof! The shield still will maintain it's ability to reflect some ballistic damage.

Also, the shield will get a helpful "secondary ammo" refiller. While the shield is deployed, your secondary does not use ammo from your ammo pool on Reload. Have fun with the Kulstar (where you can hit someone with a rocket mere feet away from you, have the blast proc off the shield, and blast the enemy away, all in one go.

3. Conceptual Powers Tactical Network & Support Kit will go away. Instead, they'll be replaced by the new power Alpha & Beta, a selectable power that allows you to deploy a single specialty drone. You can toggle it like Vauban's Grenades or Ivara's arrows. Idea came party from Corpus Sarges who will deploy a shield drone when injured. With this power, some of the effects of the two eliminated powers will be added to the Alpha Drone while the Beta Drone will be the Hunter-Killer.

Alpha is a support drone, with an AI set to aggressively guard Delta (or any of Delta's comrades within range for it's drone service area). It can heal, recharge shields, and dispense ammo. It can also do this to Defense targets, Rescue targets, allies, and any sentinels that are needing repairs or healing. It will also heal any allies in the downed state. Kubrows, Kavats, whatever. Your Alpha drone will be able to take care of your favorite pet while you clear out the enemies.

Beside Healing and what not, the Alpha Drone also provides general recon info on what's around it, highlighting targets within LOS of it, which provides a small boost to any damage inflicted to it. May or may not have the ability to blind a single target attacking it at a time. I'm working on that. Trying to figure if it would be needed.

It'll have an innate evasion because it's not an offensive power, and so tends to be harder for enemies to hit.

Beta is the assault drone. A Hunter-Killer. It's heavily armored. It's heavily armed. The drone's AI will target clusters of enemies with micro-missiles which Proc BLAST or a large area-denial napalm fire attack or it will attack single or small groups with machinegun fire from several mounted weapon points. It sports a decent shield and heavy armor, and while not as evasive as it's brother, Alpha, it still will stay mobile and strafe targets. It also might get a bit upset if someone attacks Delta and knocks him into the downed state, at which point the HK will go on a frenzy of destruction. It'll stop evading and instead attract attention from enemies in order to give Delta's companions time to revive him.

Usually though, Beta is better at cleaning up melee rushers and smaller units while Delta focuses on larger focus. So don't expect it to nuke Bombards and bosses, but if it gets a chance, it'll do it's part to try and tank some outward damage Delta and his team might otherwise receive.

Still ironing the designs for both Alpha & Beta. And I'm already working on an Augment for the power, OMEGA, where when the mod is fully ranked, both drones are deployed as a single 'super drone' with 100% efficiency between both halves. Lower rank, less performance from both sets of skills of the mega drone. Said drone will be able to both repair itself and others, as well as be an enemy mulch machine. Don't quite have all the specifics worked out on it though, but... it's in the pipeline for updating the concept.

4. Other stuff with the concept that may or may not change.... I'm not 100% sure yet. Everything's still a bit fluid on the idea. I'm not sure what I'll change later, but for now, making the #3 pretty awesome sounds like a good idea. Although... it COULD take the #4 spot, if I reallllly wanted to, and could be convinced of it. But that leaves me with a hole on Power #3 once more.

Eh, like I said, this is what I've got in the works. I'll update the first post when I get ready to nail down the Alpha & Beta power. Want to at least have a few concepts of what the drones will look like.

Anyways, who wants some?

tumblr_nnkwcvQluT1tsuuvno1_500.gif

Edited by Salenstormwing
Clarification.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 7:17 AM, Salenstormwing said:

Okay, maybe rough draft isn't the phrase. Unrefined perhaps and wanting player input is the better one. I was working out the idea for 24 days in Google Docs before I ever posted it here. But again, I don't trust my own thoughts on stuff.

Okay.

And as for Rehtael... yeah, the mods took care of his discussions. Listen, he had some points, right up until he broke the Code of Conduct. At least you didn't. Thank you for not going that route.

Strange. He didn't break them as far as I could see, but that is a subject I'll discuss with the mods through the correct channel.

There is no point discussing it here.

As for the Aura Polarity, yes, that's the OTHER reason it's a NONE. I tend to also hate Aura Polarities that aren't --'s anyways, personal play style since Corrosive Projecting and Energy Siphon are both there, but I didn't want that to favor them over the V's weapon damage auras. So it's easier to go with None than pick one. Plus, if the Devs want to pick an Aura polarity, that's fine. Their call. I'm fine with None for it.

Excalibur was my first 'frame. Still haven't formaed his aura slot.

I'll be truthful, the Passives, I'm a little scared with changing too much just because Crit Chance and Crit Damage are quite dangerous to fiddle with. I suppose pushing it them up a fractional more might be necessary. But I'm not sure what would be a proper number, since adding a +5%Crit Chance to a +1% Crit Chance primary (with high RoF) could really make the meta of some weapons super scary that aren't normally crit-weapons. Might need to do a percentage of Crit Chance and Damage over a solid increase. Perhaps.

Better to dare a little and give Delta something special and useful, than to give him something middling, I think.

Honestly, the Breachers were initially supposed to be high-tech versions of the Grineer Seeker's Latcher bombs. I just figured that latchers tend to very slow and not very effective and the AI probably wouldn't work well for a Tenno, so why not replace it with an air-bursting aerial variant that could concuss an area like ship corridors and enclosed rooms.

One day I'll link you those old Reddit posts. My old idea used roller latchets, too, but Tenno versions. No one was down for it. Too military/tactical.

I like the idea of Breacher, I just don't think it works as well in WF as is. The aerial variant just makes it a grenade.

Maybe actually keep it as a breaching charge, have him slap it on any surface (including enemies) via an innate Adhesive Blast (100% grenade stick mod), give it high punch through and moderate AOE or a focused cone. Now he can kill enemies through walls or outright in open combat.

Other than that, I will suggest actually going with Tenno roller latchers that seek out enemies. (Will look up my old ideas for reference.)

The Shield... yeah it could probably be stronger in some areas, but in a frontal assault, it could be very tanky. Finding a balance would be nice. And I'd prefer it to be more useful/effective than Volt's picking up his shield, but finding a balance would be the key. Or adding a modifier to it... like... while deployed, the Shield has a built-in supply of secondary ammo, allowing you to not expend ANY ammo while deployed. That might make some secondaries very happy, especially ammo-heavy ones or ones with small ammo pools like the Pistol Rocket Launchers. Hmm.... I might have to consider that. What do you think? Good? Not good? I could see it being fun with a Kulstar... as long as you can make sure you don't rocket yourself with AoE damage (since the shield should be taking that sort of damage).

The ammo idea is good, but unless I am running the Angstrum or something similar, I am already good on ammo.

This is very much a case of finding a way to justify theme and aesthetic through mechanics. I can tell you it's a pain in the &#! to do, and at some point, you have to sacrifice or heavily modify the theme.

My suggestion? Turn the shield into a something less orthodox, and move away from the visual idea that Delta's use of shield + primary taught Shield Lancers how to fight.

That can still be true, Delta's version just doesn't need to be so literal and kind of flat.

It also needs to move away from Volt's Current Shield.

A shield that absorbs all kinetic energy and stores it, blocks  and /or reflects higher percentage of damage, and itself turns into a weapon seems appealing.

It's weapon mode could either be a mechanic that fires a charged blast of energy (from stored hits that fill a counter), or tapping E while holding the shield to smash and 100% knockdown an enemy.

Both attacks would work against any enemy class or damage type.

Yeah, Power 3 probably needs a full revision/replacement, both the Support Kit and Tactical Network, but I'm not sure what would be a good one at this point. I suppose maybe some sort of support fire. Or maybe just a **** ton of Latchers. Something good and AoE'y. Perhaps.

Dunno atm.

Artillery still using AW weapon: Why though? Besides the fact that you want him to hold an anti-ship gun, I don't see much justification. We simply aren't meant to use these weapons outside of AW environments.

1 hour ago, Rhekemi said:

Okay.

Strange. He didn't break them as far as I could see, but that is a subject I'll discuss with the mods through the correct channel.

There is no point discussing it here.

Excalibur was my first 'frame. Still haven't formaed his aura slot.

Better to dare a little and give Delta something special and useful, than to give him something middling, I think.

One day I'll link you those old Reddit posts. My old idea used roller latchets, too, but Tenno versions. No one was down for it. Too military/tactical.

I like the idea of Breacher, I just don't think it works as well in WF as is. The aerial variant just makes it a grenade.

Maybe actually keep it as a breaching charge, have him slap it on any surface (including enemies) via an innate Adhesive Blast (100% grenade stick mod), give it high punch through and moderate AOE or a focused cone. Now he can kill enemies through walls or outright in open combat.

Other than that, I will suggest actually going with Tenno roller latchers that seek out enemies. (Will look up my old ideas for reference.)

The ammo idea is good, but unless I am running the Angstrum or something similar, I am already good on ammo.

This is very much a case of finding a way to justify theme and aesthetic through mechanics. I can tell you it's a pain in the &#! to do, and at some point, you have to sacrifice or heavily modify the theme.

My suggestion? Turn the shield into a something less orthodox, and move away from the visual idea that Delta's use of shield + primary taught Shield Lancers how to fight.

That can still be true, Delta's version just doesn't need to be so literal and kind of flat.

It also needs to move away from Volt's Current Shield.

A shield that absorbs all kinetic energy and stores it, blocks  and /or reflects higher percentage of damage, and itself turns into a weapon seems appealing.

It's weapon mode could either be a mechanic that fires a charged blast of energy (from stored hits that fill a counter), or tapping E while holding the shield to smash and 100% knockdown an enemy.

Both attacks would work against any enemy class or damage type.

Dunno atm.

Artillery still using AW weapon: Why though? Besides the fact that you want him to hold an anti-ship gun, I don't see much justification. We simply aren't meant to use these weapons outside of AW environments.

Well, uh, I think you missed my follow up post where I talked about some of the changes I'm working on.

As for the Breachers... I'll see if I can't look up that Tenno Latcher concept on Reddit later.

Anyways, most of the stuff in my last post before yours covers some of what I'm working on, and what not. I do have them, I'm just working on writing it all down, and partly trying to figure out if I want #3 to be Alpha & Beta or move it to #4, and think of something else for #3.

Also I still like my AW weapons. But I'll replace it with Alpha & Beta, but I'll need a replacement #3, again. *sigh*

Also, not everyone needs an Aura Polarization. Thank you for understanding that. Excal is fine without one. Yeah, it's better if you give him a "V" and Steel Charge, but sometimes you want Corrosive Projection or Energy Siphon. Give Auras a Chance!

Yes. You posted the update as I was writing my reply.

Alpha and Beta / Omega: It's a much better ability set than the previous two suggestions. They also move away from Soldier 76 which is good. Somehow, though, together they feel like overclocked sentinels. Most of their functions already belong to sentinels (which are meant to force us to pick and choose which sentinel for which mission). The fact that I can use them while running my sentinel or kubrow/kavat seems like an issue in and of itself. (Titania's Razorwing butterflies cannot be used while along with companions, I think.)

I don't know if you need to move away from the conventional gear (see my first post on Warframes needing to step outside of the orthodox) angle, but they do feel a little too well-rounded. Together they kind of do everything and would only be limited by power strength not being enough to do too much damage, or their own health not being enough to keep them alive. If they were strictly defense or offense, or support, or a combination of just the two, they wouldn't seem as overpowered.

Blast Shield: This is better than the previous version, but quite situational. I think you could keep the blast / AOE affect, but allow all kinetic damage to buff the special ability. Besides bombards, the only weapons/enemies that use blast weapons are Hellions, one of the G3 who uses the rocket gun, the Jackal and various Grineer and Corpus units that throw grenades. Other than that, it's all AW enemies using blast weapons.

It's too situational. Blast effects could charge the shield the fastsest, but all kinetic energy/any form of damage should charge it.

It needs to be powerful and satisfying enough to make me want to use it and to outweigh the speed, mobility and weapon limitations.

1 hour ago, Rhekemi said:
Spoiler

Yes. You posted the update as I was writing my reply.

Alpha and Beta / Omega: It's a much better ability set than the previous two suggestions. They also move away from Soldier 76 which is good. Somehow, though, together they feel like overclocked sentinels. Most of their functions already belong to sentinels (which are meant to force us to pick and choose which sentinel for which mission). The fact that I can use them while running my sentinel or kubrow/kavat seems like an issue in and of itself. (Titania's Razorwing butterflies cannot be used while along with companions, I think.)

I don't know if you need to move away from the conventional gear (see my first post on Warframes needing to step outside of the orthodox) angle, but they do feel a little too well-rounded. Together they kind of do everything and would only be limited by power strength not being enough to do too much damage, or their own health not being enough to keep them alive. If they were strictly defense or offense, or support, or a combination of just the two, they wouldn't seem as overpowered.

Blast Shield: This is better than the previous version, but quite situational. I think you could keep the blast / AOE affect, but allow all kinetic damage to buff the special ability. Besides bombards, the only weapons/enemies that use blast weapons are Hellions, one of the G3 who uses the rocket gun, the Jackal and various Grineer and Corpus units that throw grenades. Other than that, it's all AW enemies using blast weapons.

It's too situational. Blast effects could charge the shield the fastsest, but all kinetic energy/any form of damage should charge it.

It needs to be powerful and satisfying enough to make me want to use it and to outweigh the speed, mobility and weapon limitations.

Titania isn't a standard warframe when it comes to companions. Warframes like Nekros, Atlas, and Chroma all have 'companions' while having a sentinel/companion as well. And yes, in a way, they are overgrown sentinels. One is pretty much a support option, while the other is a pure offensive option. You'd only have 1 on the field at any one time (toggle between choices similar to Ivara's arrow choice).

Only Omega would be "well rounded" and that's partly because it would be two drones squished into one. And that will take at least 9 mod points and 1 mod slot on Delta to get the full use IF they approve of the Omega Augment.

I still think that it might make a good replacement to Artillery, but I'm not sure what to put in Power #3s place.

As for the Blast Shield... actually, that's true. Maybe if the attack would Proc, any type against the shield, it would effect the blast effect. Or most procs. Stuff like flame or cold it wouldn't proc against, but anything other Proc, perhaps. Like I said, I thought of it just recently and I'm working on getting it right. I just wanted to write down where I was going first, worry about the specifics second. It's not bad, just I'm still tweaking it.

I'll worry more about this when I have time to figure out more specifics.

2 minutes ago, Salenstormwing said:

Titania isn't a standard warframe when it comes to companions. Warframes like Nekros, Atlas, and Chroma all have 'companions' while having a sentinel/companion as well. And yes, in a way, they are overgrown sentinels. One is pretty much a support option, while the other is a pure offensive option. You'd only have 1 on the field at any one time (toggle between choices similar to Ivara's arrow choice).

Actually, Titania parallel's Delta in that she uses AW movement (the old one) and he uses AW primary. They're more alike than they are dissimilar. 

That said, yes, some warframes have built in companions, but they all have that more esoteric feeling to them. You'll notice that DE tends to make more conventional gear function as gear (turrets, for example, are much requested for fan 'frames, but the only turrets in-game are Grineer ones and the one we deploy from orbit). 

I think wrapping Alpha and Beta in an esoteric package might benefit the concept, and overall, pairing Delta with some form of an esoteric or animal element might help you in the long run. (For my military 'frame, I'm stuck between three ideas: a war pig, a war dog, or a war elephant. Since I've made another 'frame part dog inspired, that just leaves war pigs and war elephants for me to choose from.)

Ivara, for example, isn't just a huntress with a bow. She's a stealthy thief (Robin Hood), and poison dart frog inspired.

More design elements, even if a little esoteric, are good.

Only Omega would be "well rounded" and that's partly because it would be two drones squished into one. And that will take at least 9 mod points and 1 mod slot on Delta to get the full use IF they approve of the Omega Augment.

I still think that it might make a good replacement to Artillery, but I'm not sure what to put in Power #3s place.

I didn't realize they were not active at the same time. That's good. And you could always just give him a minigun instead of an AW weapon if you really want to.

As for the Blast Shield... actually, that's true. Maybe if the attack would Proc, any type against the shield, it would effect the blast effect. Or most procs. Stuff like flame or cold it wouldn't proc against, but anything other Proc, perhaps. Like I said, I thought of it just recently and I'm working on getting it right. I just wanted to write down where I was going first, worry about the specifics second. It's not bad, just I'm still tweaking it.

I'll worry more about this when I have time to figure out more specifics.

Why limit the damage types or procs? Just makes his ability situational. I still think all damage types should buff the shield, but blast/specific types should give it a faster/stronger boost. That way you wind up with something that will work across different factions, tilesets, and situations.

1 hour ago, Salenstormwing said:

Updated the main post for now. And yes, I'm working on reworking Power 4, since buzzkills don't seem to like it. That just means that I'll replace it with something even more awesome, with Space Mom and Blackjack!

It isn't that we don't like the Archwing primary #4 (and there are quite a few people here who do like it), It's that it doesn't make mechanical, design, or synergistic sense as a power.

It even muddles the theme: why would a spec ops style break out a loud, heavy AW weapon?

Is it fun? Hell yes.

Just doesn't fit, imo. And that's why I criticized it.

Even if you could make it work mechanically, it would still seem better suited to a heavy support gunner type.

Maybe that's what you mean for Delta to be, but it does clash with spec ops in my mind.

That said, I still thought you could achieve the same result with an innate mini-gun.

As for the update, a close quarters ability is never a bad idea for a soldier. If you could change the name from Takedown, please, it would be much appreciated.

Edited by Rhekemi

2 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

It isn't that we don't like the Archwing primary #4 (and there are quite a few people here who do like it), It's that it doesn't make mechanical, design, or synergistic sense as a power.

It even muddles the theme: why would a spec ops style break out a loud, heavy AW weapon?

Is it fun? Hell yes.

Just doesn't fit, imo. And that's why I criticized it.

Even if you could make it work mechanically, it would still seem better suited to a heavy support gunner type.

Maybe that's what you mean for Delta to be, but it does clash with spec ops in my mind.

That said, I still thought you could achieve the same result with an innate mini-gun.

As for the update, a close quarters ability is never a bad idea for a soldier. If you could change the name from Takedown, please, it would be much appreciated.

Just because it's a Spec-Ops frame does not mean no-big guns.

nigbse.gif

Miniguns and grenade launchers are pretty darn loud. :clem:"Clem!"

See, you don't like AW weapons, that's fine... I'm just going to give players the choice of what massively big weapon they want to bring to the field. The Imperator is just a minigun in a fancy case. So I'm going to just make it so folks can select which massively OP weapon they want on the fly instead. Like...

giphy.gif

or...

Terry-crews-aa12-o.gif

Don't worry... I'm thinking.

Also, why don't you like the name "Takedown"? Seriously, you justify everything else, but not on why I should change the name? :clem:"Clem?"