The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tiberon Prime needs to be a thing

(XBOX)Collector9057

Now I know sure theres allot of weapons people would prefer to be a prime, such as the sybaris (which is already a very good weapon) or maybe even one of the crossbow weapons but I chose the Tiberon. This weapon is fun but just doesnt last because it doesnt scale with higher end content because of its lack of status or crit chance. Plus this weapon looks amazing and I think it as the next Prime weapon would be awesome. If theres any other Tenno weapons you guys want primed, feel free to express your opinion a reply, and if you want to judge others just remember that everyone has a different opinion on things so lets keep things friendly.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

i would be pretty cool with the Tiberon getting primed provided it got a nice boost to Dmg and Status/Crit. we need a nice (insert Powercreep) rifle. it has been a while since we got a Prime Rifle (not counting the Vectis)

I definitely want it to focus on high dmg and status chance. Let Sybaris Prime be the crit counterpart and Tiberon Prime, the proc counterpart.

1 minute ago, (XB1)C0gnitive 0n3 said:

My friend: THIS!

This is WHY Dread Prime needs to happen. =) 

He meant: It's not likely ever going to happen, Tenno.

But.. I mean.. DE can do some other super cool variant. I think I can think up a new name for Stalker/Acolyte-improved weapons.

Dread Strife? Dread Lorde? Dread Furi?

Or maybe they can drop a plot twist on us: Dread Umbra.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)C0gnitive 0n3 said:

My friend: THIS!

This is WHY Dread Prime needs to happen. =) 

not really. if you look at the base lore for anything primed, you will find that the primes are the "original" item and the non-prime variants are the china-made, mass produced knock offs. known lore about the stalker suggest that something happened to him during/after the fall of the Orokin. so his weapons would likely be created after all the primes were no longer available to produce

7 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

I definitely want it to focus on high dmg and status chance. Let Sybaris Prime be the crit counterpart and Tiberon Prime, the proc counterpart.

i too would like to see a higher Status chance. maybe bumping the status from 2.5% to like 20% would be cool, but that is a very large jump.  it will probably just end up being a pure DPS weapon.

Just now, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

i too would like to see a higher Status chance. maybe bumping the status from 2.5% to like 20% would be cool, but that is a very large jump.  it will probably just end up being a pure DPS weapon.

I hope not. :<

I mean, there were a lot of other prime weapons with huge jumps.. right?!

Pure DPS sounds nice but it'd only sound and look better, which they mind as well make a Dex Tiberon for instead. I really, really do not want it to be crit-based. We have enough of those and are too dependent on them. We're beginning to overlook elemental procs and how they can scale in late-game. Crit weapons will last long but will still fall after a certain limit, unless you use abilities. But then ohmynullifiers.

Burston Prime is already the Status Burst Rifle, it just has no base damage or crit.

I would like Tiberon Prime to have larger magazine, solid base damage, and just enough crit and status to be useful but not enough for metaheads to minmax on them. 

If they give it a much higher crit chance and keep it's blocky look without trending to let it be too gilt or gaudy, I'd be all for this.

...Maybe have the tri-barrel roll for each shot.

Absent that, I'd be against it though. It would be kind of blah as a status weapon and we know the pure damage version it is now has no legs in more challenging content. 

7 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Burston Prime is already the Status Burst Rifle, it just has no base damage or crit.

I would like Tiberon Prime to have larger magazine, solid base damage, and just enough crit and status to be useful but not enough for metaheads to minmax on them. 

I could get behind this, "just enough of everything" version as well.