Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Nullifiers should have a weak-point

Artekkor

I'm not the one to usually get mad about Nullifiers, but a sortie-interception a couple days ago got me good.

Basically what happened: i was protecting the point while other Tenno were trying to capture the remaining one and at some point i found myself to be covered by like 3 Nullifier bubbles, overlapping each other and each covering almost a dozen of enemies.

There was nothing i could do. I literally got swarmed by the corpus worse than by infested and there was nothing i could do to stop them because it was a Sortie 2 mission and my guns were not exactly very efficient at dispatching enemies quick enough. The fact that this sortie was an Eximus Stronghold made things even worse.

So as i was fighting with a good degree of frustration and anger i realized - how about we give Nullifiers a weak point, and an obvious one?

Suggestion:
Make Nullifier's backpack-device a separate object, not just a part of Nullifier as a whole. 
Make it so that this shield-generator can be relatively easily damaged and destroyed / disabled for a set amount of time (at least 5 second).
This way we get a counter-play to Nullifier that is different from just "go in and kill him" which under certain conditions is not efficient enough to take care of them.

Go in > Shoot the generator > Shield down > Use an ability to take care of Corpus army, Nullifier included.

6 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

I'm not the one to usually get mad about Nullifiers, but a sortie-interception a couple days ago got me good.

Basically what happened: i was protecting the point while other Tenno were trying to capture the remaining one and at some point i found myself to be covered by like 3 Nullifier bubbles, overlapping each other and each covering almost a dozen of enemies.

There was nothing i could do. I literally got swarmed by the corpus worse than by infested and there was nothing i could do to stop them because it was a Sortie 2 mission and my guns were not exactly very efficient at dispatching enemies quick enough. The fact that this sortie was an Eximus Stronghold made things even worse.

So as i was fighting with a good degree of frustration and anger i realized - how about we give Nullifiers a weak point, and an obvious one?

Suggestion:
Make Nullifier's backpack-device a separate object, not just a part of Nullifier as a whole. 
Make it so that this shield-generator can be relatively easily damaged and destroyed / disabled for a set amount of time (at least 5 second).
This way we get a counter-play to Nullifier that is different from just "go in and kill him" which under certain conditions is not efficient enough to take care of them.

Go in > Shoot the generator > Shield down > Use an ability to take care of Corpus army, Nullifier included.

So treat it something more like a Grineer Hellion's jetpack? That could be good.

they should be like siegfried. 1 vulnurable point.
if you hit the little spot (in this case to not make it too easy so 0.0001mm is good) the bubble will burst. oh and ofc to make it not too easy the bubble is spinning at 3000 rpm. oh and the weakpoint should have 50k hp.

Edited by _Mr.Robot

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Nullies have a weak spot, get close and melee them.

Tried. Didn't worked. If it would work - i would not be here pointing out how i literally had NOTHING to do against an army of corpus including 3 nulifiers with their bubbles protecting each other and a ton of other enemies.

Just now, Artek94 said:

Tried. Didn't worked. If it would work - i would not be here pointing out how i literally had NOTHING to do against an army of corpus including 3 nulifiers with their bubbles protecting each other and a ton of other enemies.

Try and bring a weapon that does a lot of pure damage; Kulstar is a fun one to try. 

heres the thing, nullies are like walking paper cut outs, without the shield they basically would die just from being near players. if they made it easier to get past the shield or possible to remove it entirely, nullies would need some kind of buff to their hp or something

Their weak spot called their everything. That's why they go into battle with decent shields, because they aren't stupid.

If I had to go into combat against Tenno, I'd be doing my best to get my hands on some Corpus Nullifier tech myself. Don't go hatin' on people just trying to stay alive now. :clem:

52 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

That would be an cool addon.

A fellow tenno also asked for specific elemental combo to be nullifier weakspot. Like magnetic would automaticly pop the bubble as it procs.

That would make magnetic a useful status/element to run. I'm all for this!

4 hours ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

what melee weapon did you bring? mods? is it potatoed? 

Can't remember to be honest. I would say that it was this new login weapon, but that would mean that i'm an idiot who forgot to use it. Or i'm confusing it with another sortie interception, if not even syndicate one.

So instead i think i had Furax Wraith. Yes, i think that was it. It was modded semi-decently (5/8 slots moded) but it was still not enough to stop an army of Sortie 2 enemies. I simply could not take out Nullifiers (some of which were Eximus) quick enough and because of them i couldn't Rhino Stomp the rest of the army, so the tower was obviously lost to overwhelming enemy forces.

Had to retreat and try to capture another point instead.

6 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

So instead i think i had Furax Wraith. Yes, i think that was it. It was modded semi-decently (5/8 slots moded) but it was still not enough to stop an army of Sortie 2 enemies.

Of course not. Furax Wraith is a toy weapon.

Meleeing with whatever melee can be a death sentence in most corpus sortie cases when not using naramon though. I'm still not exactly sure about your suggestion since you are still forced to rush in and lose all your abilities. I think i'd prefer bringing a quanta and just shoot the bubble empty from a safe spot.

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

.... which was made even worse by not even being fully modded. Good God.

--------------

Sorties are end game, guys. You need to be prepared to handle enemies that don't just roll over and die. This case sounds more like a combination of bad luck and improper equipment than anything else.

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Meleeing with whatever melee can be a death sentence in most corpus sortie cases when not using naramon though. I'm still not exactly sure about your suggestion since you are still forced to rush in and lose all your abilities. I think i'd prefer bringing a quanta and just shoot the bubble empty from a safe spot.

Well if this suggestion was implemented - i wouldn't find myself in the situation i was. I would just destroy each shield-generator and then stomp the whole army all together and prevent them form capturing anything, instead of trying to actually kill an Eximus Nullifiers with a weapon that is not a Tonkor or Tigris.