Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Fun and Diverse Ember Rework

(PSN)LoisGordils

I love Ember. She is beautiful and the idea behind her abilities is awesome. The problem I have with her is that she is awfully boring. So, I'll come up with a viable, fun concept for a rework. 

Passive: Ember, by nature, has an incredibly high body temperature. As such, hostiles that come within three meters of her will suffer 25 Heat damage per second with a 20% proc chance. When she is set ablaze, range doubles to six meters, gains the energy regen and power strength bonuses she gains now and Heat damage increases to 50.

Abilities:

1. Fireball: Add two meter lingering flames to point of impact that have 100% status chance.

2. Accelerant: Enemies coated in Accelerant now spread heat procs among themselves by coming into contact within two meters of an ignited enemy. Using Fireball on an ignited enemy will cause it to explode. Dealing triple the amount of Fireball's damage in a five meter AOE and doubling the lingering flames' range.

3. Fire Blast: Projectiles fired from within the ring of fire will gain a 50% bonus Heat damage and 20% Status Chance. While inside, casting Accelerant will immediately ignite it, creating a flash fire. The flash fire deals 300 Heat damage and has a 100% status chance. Cold damage is mitigated and Cold procs are nullified when inside the ring.

4. World on Fire: This one is the main issue. No interaction, no effort, boring and looks terribly lame (before it was more awesome). My idea is that Ember superheats the environment around her, immersing it into an Inferno (base fifteen meter range. About thirty something with max range and does not move around with her). While inside the Inferno, enemies take constant Heat damage (same as OG World on Fire. Think of the Fire Sortie condition). Casting Fireball inside the Inferno will create a larger, slower projectile that has increased lethality and range. Casting Accelerant ignites it (same as Fire Blast. Y'a know, logic). Fire Blast will now create geysers of unrelenting fire that deal double the damage of Fire Blast, but lasts 50% less. Ember, being in her element while inside the Inferno, gains 50% Heat damage to all attacks and takes 95% less damage from all Heat sources and Cold proc immunity and 75% less damage from all other source (to give her some survivability). Allies gain Heat resistance and Heat and Cold proc immunity while inside (I didn't give Ember Heat proc immunity due to the nature of her passive). Recasting it will cause the Inferno to explode, dealing 3,000 Heat damage + Status to every enemy caught within. 

Also, my Mirage rework: 

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

wow, that's one of the best ideas for ember I've seen. I kinda agree, I love her so much, she's my favorite and probably most played frame, but she's too boring with her 4th and un-interactive

I'm not quite sure about her suggested 4th and the numbers tbh, the rest of the suggestions are totally awesome, logically and not OP though 

though for her 3rd, if you want that accelerant synergy, the fire wave (eximus fire wave) should be scrapped. also, I was thinking she'd get X% dmg reduction from live bullets while in the ring, the logic behind it is that the ring is so hot that some of the bullets coming through it will melt. this can be said about our weapons too. it'll be a good trade-off.

Something has to be done with WOF for sure, it is mediocre for high level enemies without augment but it makes low level missions a zero effort resource farming.

Now that DE slowly kills 'press X to win' powers and even Ash can become more interesting, Ember should be revisited right after.

Interesting ideas, thanks for posting.

22 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

wow, that's one of the best ideas for ember I've seen. I kinda agree, I love her so much, she's my favorite and probably most played frame, but she's too boring with her 4th and un-interactive

I'm not quite sure about her suggested 4th and the numbers tbh, the rest of the suggestions are totally awesome, logically and not OP though 

though for her 3rd, if you want that accelerant synergy, the fire wave (eximus fire wave) should be scrapped. also, I was thinking she'd get X% dmg reduction from live bullets while in the ring, the logic behind it is that the ring is so hot that some of the bullets coming through it will melt. this can be said about our weapons too. it'll be a good trade-off.

Thank youuu! :3

What would you suggest for a 4th ability? 

15 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

Something has to be done with WOF for sure, it is mediocre for high level enemies without augment but it makes low level missions a zero effort resource farming.

Now that DE slowly kills 'press X to win' powers and even Ash can become more interesting, Ember should be revisited right after.

Interesting ideas, thanks for posting.

Exactly, I really hate "press X button" to win. I like interaction, I like diversity and synergy 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

This could actually work! One of the best rework ideas I've seen on the forums.

Aw, thank you :3

I also did a Mirage rework. I love her, but two of her skills might as well be her passives: 

This is actually one of the best-designed rework ideas I've ever seen. I especially like that you tweaked her passive, which I consider to be in the top 5 of most useless ones in the game.

The idea for the 4th ability might be a tad overpowered for lower levels though... maybe scale down the explosion damage from 3k down to maybe 1-2k, or ditch the additional heat damage to Ember's weapons/scale the percentages down a tad, like maybe adding 25% instead of 50%.

Still, like I said, this looks good. Much more interactive and interesting than her current setup.

Edited by Jackviator
sp.

1 hour ago, Jackviator said:

This is actually one of the best-designed rework ideas I've ever seen. I especially like tat you tweaked her passive, which I consider to be in the top 5 of most useless ones in the game.

The idea for the 4th ability might be a tad overpowered for lower levels though... maybe scale down the explosion damage From 3k down to maybe 1-2k, or ditch the additional heat damage to Ember's weapons/scale the percentages down a tad, like maybe adding 25% instead of 50%.

Still, like I said, this looks good. Much more interactive and interesting than her current setup.

Thank you :D

Any skill is overpowered at lower levels. As it is now, it's beyond overpowered for low levels. This one locks down an area instead. The explosion numbers are a bit high, but remember things like Peacemaker or Maim's infinitely scaling damage :p

Edit: The bonuses Ember receives inside the Inferno are flat cannot be increased 

1 hour ago, linuxfreebird said:

I posted a request for a rework. I like this rework. I hope DE tries it out. Thanks.

I will check it out ASAP ^-^

Edit: Oh yeah! I remember seeing it today. Your post motivated me to do this

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

I actually really like this idea. The only thing I'm iffy on is the heat procs spreading when enemies who are hit with accelerant walk near each other. Not mechanically, just performance wise. I'd have to see it in action, though, and mechanically it's fine.

37 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

I actually really like this idea. The only thing I'm iffy on is the heat procs spreading when enemies who are hit with accelerant walk near each other. Not mechanically, just performance wise. I'd have to see it in action, though, and mechanically it's fine.

It's kinda similar to how Inaros' Scarab Swarm spreads, hehe

On 18/10/2016 at 1:30 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

I love Ember. She is beautiful and the idea behind her abilities is awesome. The problem I have with her is that she is awfully boring. So, I'll come up with a viable, fun concept for a rework. 

Passive: Ember, by nature, has an incredibly high body temperature. As such, hostiles that come within three meters of her will suffer 25 Heat damage per second with a 20% proc chance. When she is set ablaze, range doubles to six meters, gains the energy regen and power strength bonuses she gains now and Heat damage increases to 50.

Abilities:

1. Fireball: Add two meter lingering flames to point of impact that have 100% status chance.

2. Accelerant: Enemies coated in Accelerant now spread heat procs among themselves by coming into contact within two meters of an ignited enemy. Using Fireball on an ignited enemy will cause it to explode. Dealing triple the amount of Fireball's damage in a five meter AOE and doubling the lingering flames' range.

3. Fire Blast: Projectiles fired from within the ring of fire will gain a 50% bonus Heat damage and 20% Status Chance. While inside, casting Accelerant will immediately ignite it, creating a flash fire. The flash fire deals 300 Heat damage and has a 100% status chance. Cold damage is mitigated and Cold procs are nullified when inside the ring.

4. World on Fire: This one is the main issue. No interaction, no effort, boring and looks terribly lame (before it was more awesome). My idea is that Ember superheats the environment around her, immersing it into an Inferno (base fifteen meter range. About thirty something with max range and does not move around with her). While inside the Inferno, enemies take constant Heat damage (same as OG World on Fire. Think of the Fire Sortie condition). Casting Fireball inside the Inferno will create a larger, slower projectile that has increased lethality and range. Casting Accelerant ignites it (same as Fire Blast. Y'a know, logic). Fire Blast will now create geysers of unrelenting fire that deal double the damage of Fire Blast, but lasts 50% less. Ember, being in her element while inside the Inferno, gains 50% Heat damage to all attacks and takes 95% less damage from all Heat sources and Cold proc immunity and 75% less damage from all other source (to give her some survivability). Allies gain Heat resistance and Heat and Cold proc immunity while inside (I didn't give Ember Heat proc immunity due to the nature of her passive). Recasting it will cause the Inferno to explode, dealing 3,000 Heat damage + Status to every enemy caught within. 

Also, my Mirage rework: 

Having an ember rework right now is pointless, yess she could use some work, but Limbo and hydroid still dont have there reworks so it's way, way to early to start trying to add to that list. Expecaly with frames are in a decent spot, and played a bunch.