Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Next Round Deadline

[DE]Taylor

Hey Tenno! 

Round 5 is releasing this week with The Index Update, which means it’s time to get ready for us to select Round 6 submissions!

This deadline is a little closer, with the cut-off being October 25th. It’s a bit of a time crunch, but we’re excited to see what you all come up with!

As always, all necessary assets are here: https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=content-files-and-examples

Thanks! :community:

10 minutes ago, Phannttonn_ said:

WHY WE CANT BUY TENOGEN ITENS FOR PLAT ?!!!!!!!

There's no easy way to get funds to the creators then. Also, since TennoGen operates through Steam, using in-game currency isn't a viable option.

Edited by Brachion

4 minutes ago, fredaven said:

go ahead and make one. Mesa is a pain in the **** to work with, thats why you havent seen any.

What you have said is somehow subjective. The reason why Mesa is hard to work with is probably because of your skill level. Assuming you have experiences in 3D modeling.

I do not have any expertise in it HOWEVER, I can draw a skin concept of it then probably partner with someone who has some skills of 3D stuff.

13 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

What you have said is somehow subjective. The reason why Mesa is hard to work with is probably because of your skill level. Assuming you have experiences in 3D modeling.

I do not have any expertise in it HOWEVER, I can draw a skin concept of it then probably partner with someone who has some skills of 3D stuff.

lol that's right, get good @fredaven, you clearly don't know 3D XD

16 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

I think my skill level is ..adequate. So far I've managed get 10 items accepted into the game. and made a total of 14. (fingers crossed for the last 4).

Ill break it down for you.

1. Mesas shape language means that mesa will always be mesa. She will alwys have a poncho. Your choice is how you decorate/sculpt that poncho but it will alwys be one.
The wrinkles on her lower calf is *almost* impossible to do without doing the same thing as the original mesa.. All in all she's very restrictive. More so then any other frame i've worked with. And i've done Ember and saryn.

2. UV wise she's using a lot of shared UV space. This isn't really a problem. its just a pain in the ****.

3. It's not a vanilla/easy to get frame. So it's natural for people to work on things that are popular before they work on mesa.

19 minutes ago, fredaven said:

I think my skill level is ..adequate. So far I've managed get 10 items accepted into the game. and made a total of 14. (fingers crossed for the last 4).

Ill break it down for you.

1. Mesas shape language means that mesa will always be mesa. She will alwys have a poncho. Your choice is how you decorate/sculpt that poncho but it will alwys be one.
The wrinkles on her lower calf is *almost* impossible to do without doing the same thing as the original mesa.. All in all she's very restrictive. More so then any other frame i've worked with. And i've done Ember and saryn.

2. UV wise she's using a lot of shared UV space. This isn't really a problem. its just a pain in the ****.

3. It's not a vanilla/easy to get frame. So it's natural for people to work on things that are popular before they work on mesa.

I'm gonna stick to your first point, Mesa is indeed hard to modify IMO. I can't lie how excruciating it is to simply draw her main body, her build seems to be a bit "off" for a standard female build.

However, the only viable way to create a tennogen skin for her (in my opinion) is to go with the design. She mainly has 2 types of coverings: the armor and clothes. I had this skin idea of her skin which is simply aimed to look militaristic. Mainly she would have camo patterns plus a different cloth-mesh-thing-idk (i'd choose the digital camo pattern) and the rest of her body will pretty much look different; militaristic yet still maintains the aspects from the Tenno.

So, my advice? There are some warframes where you have to follow their designs.

Edited by heskaroid

Just now, heskaroid said:

I'm gonna stick to your first point, Mesa is indeed hard to modify IMO. I can't lie how excruciating it is to simply draw her main body, her build seems to be a bit "off" for a standard female build.

However, the only viable way to go for her design (in my opinion) is to go with it. She mainly has 2 types of coverings: the armor and clothes. I had this skin idea of her skin which is simply aimed to look militaristic. Mainly she would have camo patterns plus a different cloth-mesh-thing-idk (i'd choose the digital camo pattern) and the rest of her body will pretty much look different; militaristic yet still maintains the aspects from the Tenno.

Yep, youre right. the only real option is "to go with it". But there are more exciting frames out there where you can have a bit more freedom. So as a creator those get prioritized. 

I have started on Mesa and she will will most likely be my next one (running out of frames kinda). But its not as fun as other frames.

2 minutes ago, fredaven said:

Yep, youre right. the only real option is "to go with it". But there are more exciting frames out there where you can have a bit more freedom. So as a creator those get prioritized. 

I have started on Mesa and she will will most likely be my next one (running out of frames kinda). But its not as fun as other frames.

Good luck with it, pal. You might have fun designing a skin for her.

If you need help PM me for small ideas.

Edited by heskaroid

51 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

10 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

Good luck with it, pal. You might have fun designing a skin for her.

If you need help PM me for small ideas.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT HESKAROID! TRULY HE IS THE ONE TO DELIVER US FROM THIS MESA-LESS BLIGHT, FOR ONLY HE HAS THE KNOWLEDGE TO CARRY US FORWARD! KNEEL BEFORE HIM, AND BEG FOR HIS WISDOM!

1 minute ago, Kyotra said:

ALL HAIL THE GREAT HESKAROID! TRULY HE IS THE ONE TO DELIVER US FROM THIS MESA-LESS BLIGHT, FOR ONLY HE HAS THE KNOWLEDGE TO CARRY US FORWARD! KNEEL BEFORE HIM, AND BEG FOR HIS WISDOM!

do i know you, peculiar little volt?

1 hour ago, fredaven said:

Why do I get the feelin it will be another Graxx skin....