Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back old Stalker

Kinetos

3 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Shadow Stalker is just not satisfying to defeat. I can't remember most of the times I killed him but the fights with the Stalker before the Second Dream I nearly remember each victory because of the challenge that version posed. 

Eh...

Old Stalker: Lots of different terrible strategies that get you killed, or go melee mode and hold down block and channeling, stagger him once and melee him to death. Or go melee only + life strike and spam melee on him as he starts standing up.

New Stalker: Bullet jump around his butt shooting him. 

They are about the same, in the end.

Edited by Gelkor

1 minute ago, KinetosImpetus said:

the Stalker before the Second Dream I nearly remember each victory because of the challenge that version posed. 

Strictly speaking, that "challenge" only existed because back then, you were a much weaker and less experienced player. Realistically, he could be 1-shot more easily than the current one can. The difference being the current one avoids it with invulnerability phases that get really annoying. 

Old Stalker isn't any better than Stalker now. Only easier to deal with.

3 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Yeah, I usually beat the tar out of him with Scindo Prime in 3 seconds as he stood up every time.

I have fond memories of doing that as well, when I first got my Scindo P... lol

Edited by PoisonHD

The old Stalker involved me finding him where he spawned, waiting for him to stand up, then opening fire with my Soma Prime, resulting in him dying within a few bullets of leaving his invincibility.

The new Stalker involves me either one-shotting him with Artemis Bow or jumping around in circles with my Sonicor aiming in his general direction.

Edited by Inarticulate

3 minutes ago, Cpl_Facehugger said:

Old stalker was terrible. It was basically a binary thing - either you kill him instantly, or you get oneshot by his bow, which had an aimbot.

That's what I mean, if you didn't one shot him, you had to go Melee only and get into melee range while holding down both triggers, this would always force his AI to go into melee only mode as well, meaning you channel block his Hate and stagger him. And if he didn't switch to melee immediately you'd block his Dread shot with a 100% channel block.

I can't help noticing that most of us here have been around a while ("old" Stalker, "new" Stalker).  Maybe we should also consider what new players think about trying to kill current Stalker/Shadow Stalker.  With the equipment at our disposal, he may not present the same challenge he once did.  But to new players, he might still be death on two legs.

Just a thought...

Stalker was most of the time killed before he stood up.

While Shadow Stalker is not perfect and certainly needs some changes (Mostly due to his annoying immune to everything thing that happens) it's certainly better, you have to keep mobile, the original stalker just kinda died easy.

36 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

The only time stalker (both versions) were ever challenging was my first few encounters with him. After that he got boring as I got stronger mods and weapons.

This. Stalker is...well...a stalker. An assassin whom comes after YOU specifically. So his kit, the weapons he uses, should be tailored to fight YOU. As it stands he is a cookie cutter, using one...mediocre set of skills and weapons to fight all tenno, when he should have his stuff set up to fight what ever your frame/weapons are in the mission.

The 2 stalkers are differents.
-Old stalker was really mobile with high damage but low health. This make him really hard to kill when beggening but you was able to OS it before spawn.
-New stalker is just a bullet sponge with high melee a damage and disco ball that OS you. Making the battle less intense and stressful.

So, I prefer how old stalker worked but can OS him was a bad thing... If we have a 3rd stalker bringed with a new quest (Umbra ?) I hope it will be a mix of these 2, with High mobility high damage ranged wepon like the Dread, but also good health with damage adaptation like sentients and shadow stalker.

Stalker is about the same...he 1 shots you when he hits, or if you run around like a headless banshee enough, you kill him with a wall of bullets.  He got himself stuck on a stairwell yesterday, when he tried to attack my Frost in the middle of a survival...my uncle and him just fed him a healthy stream of Soma Prime and he went away...

I dont want a more power creeped Stalker though...

I prefer "new stalker"/Shadow Stalker over old Stalker

I've had some fun battles with him.

That said maybe it'd be fun if it could be either one of them post-SD and you didn't know which one was showing up until he was actually there.

Sure it'd be a small change but it'd be something.

Maybe after tWW we'll see Stalker in his "Final Form" haha

I mean after all, we did break his War so it seems pretty janky to me that he still carries that thing around. =p

Maybe Final Stalker could dual wield his Hate

Shadow Stalker is a challenge to face, I still encounter old Stalker by new Tennos whom have not complete Second Dream quest. But it's pretty rare now to encounter old Stalker sense these quests are really fast to burn through.
So far these days Stalker is literally cheap...I mean cheap. xD  His goodies don't drop at all for so many times, finally I got the War Bp now to farm an extra Broken War. Sadly I wish Broken War can be trade so peeps can buy that extra to whom have manage to get an extra while already has War from bundle and Broken War from Quest.
Not to mention how he spawns on Tenno's most weakest time like leveling a weapon. Oo

He's still fun to encounter sometimes, just hope you're prepare to tell him who's boss. LOL