Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dedicated Conclave Servers

[DE]Drew

8 hours ago, maciejs said:

By the looks of it, it's what spiedie's doing. You're correct, this information is available in the log, so we don't really care how you access it (as long as it doesn't interfere with the game).

As for running multiple servers, there's actually another option I added while back, if you run the launcher with -headless -dedicated:X it'll spawn X DS processes (so X=2 -> 2 servers). The only caveat is, only of these will use given email, the other ones will be anonymous, so no leaderboard pts (this was intended for internal use, I might change it in the future).

Wow that was fast, didn't expect a response so soon, thanks. :thumbup:

Of course, not interfering with the game is a given. Running it as a subprocess would just be to gain access to its standard streams.

8 hours ago, KiddoKenshin said:

Thanks for the headless command.

Will there be a "stand-alone" version for dedicated servers?

As in, downloading the whole Warframe Client just for dedicated servers is not very efficient on deploying.

Sorry for begging too much, but will there be admin options like,

"Automatic restart server after N matches",

"Automatic update after match when new updates available"?

I would like to automate them ><

We don't plan on releasing a standalone sever binary AFAIK.

As for the other options you mentioned, "Automatic update after match when new updates available" is already there, it should restart the launcher with -headless -dedicated options, which in turn should grab the update and restart the server.

9 hours ago, Pythadragon said:

My RC FFA server has crashed 3 times now within the past 4 days, each time with the same War#1065927

Is there any insight you can give on why this is happening or if there is an issue on my end?

Does it actually crash or is it an 'error reporter' window when shutting down? Based on the WAR number it's the latter, it's not a fatal error, just an unexpected situations we'd like to collect more information about. I'll see about fixing that (it's a problem with some weapon trying to access client structures [that don't exist on the server]), thanks for bringing this to my attention.

13 minutes ago, spiedie said:

Is it possible to add log messages at the start for the settings actually used by the server? Like fps, eloRating, missionid? Makes it a lot easier to verify if settings are correctly applied like fps.

It's there... Maybe not the most user-friendly format, but I'm sure you can figure it out ;) Look for "HostSession - settings: " in the log file.

2 hours ago, maciejs said:

Does it actually crash or is it an 'error reporter' window when shutting down? Based on the WAR number it's the latter, it's not a fatal error, just an unexpected situations we'd like to collect more information about. I'll see about fixing that (it's a problem with some weapon trying to access client structures [that don't exist on the server]), thanks for bringing this to my attention.

It's the latter. Error reporter when shutting down.

On that note... I've also had the error reporter crash when shutting down 'RemoteCrashSender.exe has stopped working' at least twice on dedicated servers, therefore no WAR number given. Is this unusual?

OmVrfpS.png

15 minutes ago, maciejs said:

Yeah, it's unusual, CrashSender is a pretty simple app. If this happens, you can send me the log file and I might still be able to figure out what's up, but it's probably the same thing (fixed today, so should go to public this week).

Thanks! I save all my logs, but given the fix, I'll keep that in mind for future crashes only.

7 hours ago, p41nfr4m3 said:

I created a small POC tool to show how it's possible to handle a scheduled auto-restart setup for the time being (windows only) -> https://github.com/p41nfr4m3/ServerTool

2kjRE802.png

It won't work on linux/wine though as it's not possible to enumerate the window title on mono.

Looks very promising =)

I will test this tonight!

On 2016-12-12 at 10:30 PM, p41nfr4m3 said:

I created a small POC tool to show how it's possible to handle a scheduled auto-restart setup for the time being (windows only) -> https://github.com/p41nfr4m3/ServerTool

-Snip-

It won't work on linux/wine though as it's not possible to enumerate the window title on mono.

I see you are running it in 32Bit mode do I have to run it in that mode on my servers too or just it does not matter?

50 minutes ago, KiddoKenshin said:

@p41nfr4m3

I tried your tool, looks great.

Just that instead of x Hours, I think it checks the interval every x Minutes ><

Yeah, missing another *60 in (textBox1.Text) * 60 * 1000 :). Out of curiosity, why do you feel you need this feature? Server should be fine to run for days IME, but if there's a demand, I can easily make it a built-in thing.

1 minute ago, maciejs said:

Out of curiosity, why do you feel you need this feature?

Just my experience back in days where some game's dedicated server program needs to be terminate / restart in order to free the memory,

in order to keep the server "fresh".

Not to say that Warframe dedicated server causes memory leaks, just my experience in the past feel that this is a nice feature ><

"Nothing is better than a fresh restart" =P - just my 2 cents

But yea, if Warframe dedicated server handles it well, auto-update only will be enough =)

46 minutes ago, p41nfr4m3 said:

yeah getting the same since new patch.

Mhm, this sounds like you're using an anonymous server (no stats). I'll double-check I didn't do anything stupid.

[Edit] I did, actually, should be fixed in the next hotfix (today), sorry about that.

1 hour ago, maciejs said:

Mhm, this sounds like you're using an anonymous server (no stats). I'll double-check I didn't do anything stupid.

[Edit] I did, actually, should be fixed in the next hotfix (today), sorry about that.

It uses the correct email now to login and stats are updating! Thanks for the quick fix!

Hey guys. As you might remember from the 'ping post', there's a way to control server's update rate (FPS essentially). It only controls how frequently server receives/processes client data though, we're still sending individual properties less often. In the latest build I've exposed a new property in the LotusDedicatedServerSettings section: highBandwidth. It's 0 by default (30hz), but you can set it to 1 for sending important properties at 60hz or 2 for 120hz. Please use carefully and make sure to verify your connection can actually handle it.

Archived