Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dedicated Conclave Servers

[DE]Drew

As of 19.6.1 today, I've been seeing this spammed quite a bit now:

HSft6Qp.png

Also have been seeing this sparsely now:

7610.377 Sys [Error]: Script Error: SWIG_fail_ptr: In Init(75) originating from /Lotus/Scripts/WeaponAttachments/NovaPrime.lua::Init with owner NovaPrimeWingAttachmentsDeco
Error [Info]: LogBug: (Script Error)

Application error messages:
PVPDeathMatch.lua
RunMode
FullEnergyRequired.lua
StartMod
RequireWeaponEquipped.lua
StartMod
NovaPrime.lua
Init

Hey, I think most of these (all?) should be fixed with the latest build. Part of that were some weapons (Sundial Pistol) that actually were causing problems in-game too, but the DS is extra sensitive, part was some of my optimizations that pushed it a little bit too far.

23 hours ago, [DE]maciejs said:

Hey, I think most of these (all?) should be fixed with the latest build. Part of that were some weapons (Sundial Pistol) that actually were causing problems in-game too, but the DS is extra sensitive, part was some of my optimizations that pushed it a little bit too far.

Since the hotfix I did not encounter any new crashes. :fist:

I don't know if this is a real issue or not but whenever people join my server, I've noticed this error quite often if not every single time:

EDIT: the URL below was replaced with what it is now after I posted this, so I guess I wasn't supposed to post it for whatever reason. My apologies if so.

681.956 Sys [Error]: https://ToS violation/api/updateMOTD.php failed (Error)
681.960 Sys [Warning]: HTTP request failed.
681.960 Sys [Warning]: Client-Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 15:34:27 GMT
681.961 Sys [Warning]: DNS: 0us, Connect: 0us, Handshake: 0us, Server: 0us
681.962 Sys [Warning]:
681.963 Sys [Warning]: Illegal characters found in URL
681.963 Sys [Warning]:

My MOTD in DS.cfg is:

motd="Beers & Blades Brotherhood     
OWNER: MatNova
TEAMSPEAK/WEBSITE: uasclan.net"

On the Dedicated Server Leaderboards page though, my server's MOTD is an older one without the "/WEBSITE" portion in there.

Based on the error, is that '/' causing a parsing error somewhere? I see other MOTDs with full URLs in them containing several '/', so I just wasn't sure.

Oh interesting. DS MOTD goes through a different path, but we still do run validation. I'll double check what does it test exactly and get back to you

[Edit] Oh and also there's a length limit, not in the office right now, but off the top of my head it's 64 characters, so yours is probably getting truncated

[Edit2] Well, I was wrong, it's 128 characters and wasn't the reason. It was curl getting a little paranoid, should be better in the next build.

11 hours ago, DragoonKmesh said:

You are looking int WINE for Linux. Is that the game itself? 
I have a couple of servers in data centres. Any possibility of running the Dedicated Server out of those, or does it have to be your home PC?

If you need some info regarding wine setup you can find it in this thread:

Only change after nidus update is that the launcher seem to get stuck in update loop sometimes so it's better to run the instance by command line as described in:

12 hours ago, BritishBob said:

Gratz to @spiedie for 20k games hosted.

I've not had too many issues with the recent server versions. Became ill so still haven't played with multiple games types on one box. Still looking forward to playing with it.

I did try some of that stuff and It all works (with some minor issues). I have everything set up to host all game modes anyway on different VMs with a single click, so ill leave it as is for now.

On 1/4/2017 at 4:49 AM, [DE]maciejs said:

Format is technically JSON based, but I'm not super strict

The format for the -dscfg file is VERY strict :P looks like every line has to end with a comma, and key : value require the spaces.

On 1/4/2017 at 4:49 AM, [DE]maciejs said:

2) Create config file, for example MyServerConfig.txt, in Launcher directory:

In the directory relative to where Launcher.exe is started from. Having this script on my desktop:

"%localappdata%\Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Tools\Launcher.exe" -headless -dedicated -dscfg:ServerConfig.txt

I needed ServerConfig.txt to be on the desktop.

Hmm, couldn't repro the formatting issue, tbh. Any combination of comma/newline works for me and spaces don't matter either. If you can send me a sample file that confuses the parser, I'll have another look. Good catch on the other one, I've tweaked it so that it'll now try (in that order):

- running directory
- Warframe directory
- Launcher directory

22 hours ago, [DE]maciejs said:

Hmm, couldn't repro the formatting issue

Did some more testing, looks like if the file ends with the number it fails to run the last one. It has to end with a comma or newline. The following runs 4 instances. (no newline at end of file)

"SpDM" : 1
"SpTDMAlt" : 1,
"SpDMAlt" : 1,
"SpCTF" : 1,
"SpLunaro" : 1

So i was testing killing instances and starting other ones without affecting existing ones (change game mode being hosted), and got some weird messages. Having a number of instances started and waiting for players, starting another one using the engine (-applet etc), every other instance gets Budget overrun. Can i ignore that or is that gonna be an issue?

Spoiler

npofK2XK.png

I've been improving on my server launcher and well I encountered the same issues as @spiedie has and well also some others, I try to make a config file that gives me the option to just use 0 sessions as indicator to not host that session and ignore it but it will not work it just accepts max 6 arguments apparantly.

I will link the videos on the forum here below most of them will say enough. its a long link and hosted on my nas but I won't use youtube lately just saying #youtubeissues
https://goo.gl/NsQ2Wc

I hope I help you a lot @[DE]maciejs its just some stuff I managed to get accross when making my tool 😛

Had a crash. War-1186745.

Looks like it was one of the long running instances before the patch last night. Didn't get a chance to check the server yesterday.

Edit for myself: 

On the off chance. Anyone have any idea:

Hoping it might be a config issue on my end, but i'm not to convinced.

Edit- thinking about it, it's my VPS. I'm assuming the data centre was used for a DDoS and has IP bans. My guess is I'm SoL for now and my VPS.

Edit2- Had a Crash, WAR-1188919. DM_ALT less than 30 hours running on that instance.

One of my servers (TDM_Title) crashed with:

WAR-1190462

The last thing in the log:

Error [Info]: Assertion Failure

Application error messages:
FullEnergyRequired.lua
StartMod
RequireWeaponEquipped.lua
StartMod
SyndicateScarves.lua
ArbitersOfHexisScarfUpdate
NezhaSash.lua
AttachSash

EDIT:

I also should ask, is there any way to restart a server that crashed while others are running?

For example, these are my current launch parameters:

Launcher.exe -headless -dedicated -dscfg:MyServerConfig.txt

The MyServerConfig file starts 4 servers (1 DM, 1 TDM, 1 Lunaro and 1 CTF).
However, if I run the following to try and just start up the TDM one:

Launcher.exe -headless -dedicated:TDMDedicatedServerSettings

it launches, but it tells me only one instance of Warframe can be running at once, meaning I'd have to shut down my other 3 servers just to restart this one.

Is there any way to just start that one server back without restarting everything?

EDIT 2:
Same server crashed with the same error again after ~12 hours

EDIT 3:
Can confirm the same WAR error has occurred repeatedly, only on the TDM_Title server

Archived