Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dedicated Conclave Servers

[DE]Drew

Okay so I got this up and running but I'm having some issues tweaking it to run a "reasonable" number of instances. If I use the Launcher it appears to be hard locked to 6 instances no matter whether you give it a custom.txt JSON config or tell it to open 6 instances via the command line option. If I call the Applet directly I can get up to 8 instances without issue, but inevitably it appears that 2 of the instances "exit" stating something along the lines that a new version has been detected or similar. If I try to go above 8 instances I receive an assertion failure that I can't seem to work around. I tried spiedie's server manager but can't seem to get it to work right; the instances never seem to start.

Yea there's a limit of 8 instances for the game engine, and the launcher limits this to 6.

14 hours ago, survient said:

I tried spiedie's server manager but can't seem to get it to work right; the instances never seem to start.

Did you use the steam version, or the stand-alone version? The config manager and server manager only work with the stand-alone version (https://www.warframe.com/download). If you're having trouble starting instances, start with just the server config manager (Start Instances button) and see if that works.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a crash today:

WAR-1594388

133626.219 Error [Info]: Assertion Failure

Application error messages:
PvpCommonGameRules.lua
OnUpdate
EnergySpawner.lua
EnergySpawner
HealthSpawner.lua
HealthSpawner
PVPTeamDeathMatch.lua
RunMode

6 hours ago, Rompido said:

question. once I do whats on the first page and I get my black box with text do I have to log into the game or can I just leave it right there and walk away?

"Box with text" is probably correct :) Last message should be something like "Completed Initializing Nav and Tac/Refresh teams"

6 hours ago, Rompido said:

oh and last question. how do I turn it off? just click big red X?

This will work, but better to press Q to shutdown gracefully and wait for the game to end. Please refer to our 'Advanced guide' for more details and info:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@maciejs Not sure this is exactly your territory, but when Zephyr Prime is in a match the logs are spammed rapidly with a pair of script errors which inflate the log sizes massively and seems to degrade performance:

Spoiler

2498.776 Script [Error]: ZephyrPrimeArmBladeLDeco, SetMorphValue failed: entity is not animated
2498.776 Script [Error]: ZephyrPrimeArmBladeRDeco, SetMorphValue failed: entity is not animated

6 hours ago, maciejs said:

Thx, these messages are not very alarming themselves, but if they cause perf issues, it's bad, I'll look into limiting them.

DGwVSQh.png

I think 1.45 million entries in a single log for example would warrant a limitation being required on meaningless debug we could otherwise not take action to rectify on our ends.

• 3 weeks later...

So occasionally this pops up, but it just happened on one of my servers for the first time I've seen. Sometimes an instance will get "stuck" and any player who joins will end up looking at a black screen with no way to leave (other than the alt+F4 special). I pulled the log, and will provide it on request, it's too big for a paste/hastebin.

Any Chance this will be expanded to have dedicated servers running for pub matches? The amount of bad hosts has been increasing tremendously (at least in Europe).

The problem here clearly is that a lot of people are running this game on some very underpowered toasters. So even if matchmaking by ping is succesful (e.g.125ms) lag still occurs just by spiking the workload on the hosts computer. This is annoying because it causes people to miss portals and have issues with transference.

I live in Germany and often if i set my region to North America (more ppl with better hardware) even so my ping is about 150-200ms the gaming experience is still better because the "input lag" is less. VERY noticeable was this when i played with Operative_Shift on his Twitch stream. Even so he is sitting on the west coast and i am in Europe the minor lag was negligeable.

I am not asking to ban people that don't have the necessary money for hardware but at least limit they're ability to host public matches to ensure the experience with the game in pub runs is a good as possible. I know this thread is for conclave first but as it was mentioned that DE is looking into doing this for "trials" (i miss you!) maybe pub matches are also to be considered.

18 minutes ago, GA-Bulletproof said:

Any Chance this will be expanded to have dedicated servers running for pub matches? The amount of bad hosts has been increasing tremendously (at least in Europe).

The problem here clearly is that a lot of people are running this game on some very underpowered toasters. So even if matchmaking by ping is succesful (e.g.125ms) lag still occurs just by spiking the workload on the hosts computer. This is annoying because it causes people to miss portals and have issues with transference.

I live in Germany and often if i set my region to North America (more ppl with better hardware) even so my ping is about 150-200ms the gaming experience is still better because the "input lag" is less. VERY noticeable was this when i played with Operative_Shift on his Twitch stream. Even so he is sitting on the west coast and i am in Europe the minor lag was negligeable.

I am not asking to ban people that don't have the necessary money for hardware but at least limit they're ability to host public matches to ensure the experience with the game in pub runs is a good as possible. I know this thread is for conclave first but as it was mentioned that DE is looking into doing this for "trials" (i miss you!) maybe pub matches are also to be considered.

IF host migration would start working decently it could be done in mission time, but as of now...

This is bordering on offtopic, but I also did the initial version of host migration. It's hard to make it perfect as it depends on my external factors (e.g. if you dropped, it doesn't mean other clients dropped too, so maybe there's no one to connect to), but if you have any particular complaints/logs, I'd be happy to take a look.

9 minutes ago, maciejs said:

This is bordering on offtopic, but I also did the initial version of host migration. It's hard to make it perfect as it depends on my external factors (e.g. if you dropped, it doesn't mean other clients dropped too, so maybe there's no one to connect to), but if you have any particular complaints/logs, I'd be happy to take a look.

No complaints, it's a known fact that Host Migration breaks several missions, from the annoying "reset all active powers" to stuck UI, failure to spawn, random bugs that make quest progression impossible and so on.

As for the complexity I can understand fairly well the reality of it, as I'm a professional software developer myself.

This said I will cease the OT right now, it was only to clarify that I'm not neither complaining nor offending any developer (right today I resume the fight against a gremlin that randomly appears at a customer site, as of now the battle lasted 14 months. Suddenly Eidolon hunts don't seem so difficult).

Am 17.4.2018 um 16:02 schrieb maciejs:

If this was directed at me (indirectly) then maybe I should clarify. My complaint isn't about host migration and what it may or may not break. It is about the way the game responds when the host can't process the input in time to give me the information in order to have a smooth experience in game. 

I should be able to hit portals absolutely independent from the host giving my client the information about the location of the portal and if I was able to go through it depending on my location at that time.

I would even be willing to pay a small monthly fee to contribute to a dedicated server infrastructure. And people who pay automatically open a session where everyone in the public group can join.

I've been getting errors pretty often whenever the servers shut down for an update, or I gracefully close them. It seems to be happening mostly with the TDM and Lunaro ones.

WAR-1749134
WAR-1749192

TDM

48280.934 Error [Info]: GPF

EnergySpawner.lua
EnergySpawner
HealthSpawner.lua
HealthSpawner
PVPTeamDeathMatch.lua
RunMode
PvpCommonGameRules.lua
OnDestroy

Lunaro

48279.063 Error [Info]: GPF

PvpCommonGameRules.lua
OnUpdate
SpeedballEffects.lua
ShieldUpdate
PVPSpeedBall.lua
RunMode
PvpCommonGameRules.lua
OnDestroy

I believe there were other error codes but I couldn't grab them at the time. I'll update this if I see anymore.

Archived