Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dedicated Conclave Servers

[DE]Drew

I don't have the log anymore unfortunately but searching through my current logs it doesn't look like the error has occurred anymore as of update 22.20.4. If it happens again I'll make sure to set aside a copy.

While searching though I did come across this other error:

49428.848 Sys [Error]: Script Error: SWIG_fail_ptr: In Zap(626) originating from /Lotus/Powersuits/PowersuitAbilities/ZapProbe.lua::Zap with owner ZapTrapProjectilePvP
49428.848 Error [Info]: LogBug: (Script Error)

Application error messages:
ConclaveCape.lua
InitCapeEffects
StalkerArmour.lua
Init
StalkerArmour.lua
Init
ZapProbe.lua
Zap

Error [Error]: MiniDump thread returned an error
49429.145 Sys [Error]: Script Error: SWIG_fail_ptr: In Zap(626) originating from /Lotus/Powersuits/PowersuitAbilities/ZapProbe.lua::Zap with owner ZapTrapProjectilePvP
49429.145 Error [Info]: LogBug: (Script Error)

ConclaveCape.lua
InitCapeEffects
StalkerArmour.lua
Init
ZapProbe.lua
Zap
ZapProbe.lua
Zap

If you'd like the log for that one let me know, I've set aside an extra copy of it.

Had a crash after 22.20.5, but the dialog that comes up didn't give the WAR error like usual so I'm not sure which it is. This was the last thing in the log:

4895.797 Error [Info]: GPF

EnergySpawner.lua
EnergySpawner
HealthSpawner.lua
HealthSpawner
PVPDeathMatch.lua
RunMode
SecurityCamera.lua
OnAlerted

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Been seeing a script error as of 23.10.4

893.355 Script [Error]: Script Error: attempt to method a nil value: In DeactivateAbility(635) originating from /Lotus/Powersuits/PowersuitAbilities/SlashDashNew.lua::DeactivateAbility with owner Excalibur
893.355 Error [Info]: LogBug: (Script Error)

Light.lua
ActivateAbility
ShieldDownEffects.lua
AddScreenEffect
SlashDashNew.lua
ActivateAbility
SlashDashNew.lua
DeactivateAbility

Error [Error]: MiniDump thread returned an error

• 1 month later...

Could there be any possibility for servers to require at least some identification from its host in order to start? Currently there have been quite a share of awful servers with low tickrate and unstable connection without any message to identify them or who is hosting them, so offering feedback is impossible.

For instance, I have my ping limiter set into 250ms and even tough i can usually connect to servers at 160ms from South America to NA, once the match starts the connection to these servers can randomly spike at around 400 or 700ms while the rest of the players in the lobby seems to be teleporting around.

As an example, today i joined to NA conclave and got into a match that looked like a p2p lobby due to the lack of a server message. The match had around 5 minutes left and 2 players in it. Connection started at around 160ms but would randomly spike to around 400ms or more while players in there would also start randomly teleporting even when the ping went back down to 160ms (i guess they had similar issues). When the match ended, both players left the lobby and i was left alone, making me realize that it was actually a server of questionable quality instead of a p2p lobby.

I hope something can be done about it since a few servers like that being prioritized over the actually good ones is enough to give players a horrid experience, defeating the purpose of dedicated hosting.

• 1 month later...

This is awesome that you guys are working on this functionality.

Hopefully the end goal is to eventually provide your own servers. 

Nvm conclave. The possibilities are endless if they were running places like vallis/plains on dedis. They could finally introduce a true shared world and evolve past its lobby based nature. These zones were begging to be way larger and shared. 

They wouldn't be bound to whatever limitations compelled them to use the same corridor based content delivery system in lieu of something more dynamic and fitting of these areas. I would have thought many squads of tenno to be roaming these areas and stuff like eidolon hunts would simply happen organically and on a larger scale.

This is a step in the right direction. Hopefully this works out and expands in future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After today's update (24.5.2) it seems like running multiple servers is producing some cache issue when trying to load assets.

It spams all of the server's logs about being unable to load assets because "platform not enabled", until all but one of the servers are closed. The one remaining server seems to load fine after all others are shut down. I'm not sure if this is just some issue with my own servers or if it's affecting other people.

In any case I've emailed you one of my logs @maciejs

• 1 month later...

@maciejs Any word on this? Multi-instancing from a single .exe is still having the same issues (very slow loads with more than 2 instances taking an absurdly long time, and high performance impact when loading multiple instances). Even using a single instance per .exe has some serious performance impact when first loading up. 

Oh sorry, I didn't post an update, the multi instance problem should be fixed now (" platform not enabled"). Could you send me a log from the single instance that takes a long time to start?

Archived