[DE]Drew

Dedicated Conclave Servers

Note that you do need to log in once to get your credentials stored automagically (and to log in, you need to be able to run the launcher once, which refuses to run remotely). I guess you could set it manually, but it's messy...

Feature request - It would be nice to have a way to launch the server without the launcher, specifying the game mode and other options, and including your profile email address / add a first-run authentication request so you don't end up anonymous.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dstrawberrygirl said:

Note that you do need to log in once to get your credentials stored automagically (and to log in, you need to be able to run the launcher once, which refuses to run remotely). I guess you could set it manually, but it's messy...

Feature request - It would be nice to have a way to launch the server without the launcher, specifying the game mode and other options, and including your profile email address / add a first-run authentication request so you don't end up anonymous.

Oh thanks~ 

So I just login then I can exit the game and my server wil still be up as long as I don't try to open the game again right? = w=

• Upvote 1

On 2016-10-21 at 5:12 PM, dstrawberrygirl said:

you can easily just copy paste the config file in the %localappdata% and then warframe and EE.cfg and paste that in your server that helps a lot at least for what I have seen tho. I am running it in a Virtualbox and it works fine, please note this is running a windows in a linux environment so not really efficient tho but it can get enough threads and or ram to run this perfectly.

Edited by Nep_Blanc
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dstrawberrygirl said:

You could just use something like team viewer to just remote into the computer itself and start the server.  I've never had issues starting things remotely.

Well I have had issues but they weren't caused by the remote access.

18 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

*Additional note: For those inquiring about having multiple server instances running on different physical machines with the same account, this is something we do not currently support, but do plan on adding in the future. Thank you!

Quoting for visibility for those inquiring! 

• Upvote 4

3887.767 Net [Error]: Discarding packet with invalid signature from: IPADDRESSREMOVED

3887.767 Net [Error]: Used per connection salt: 0, request=1

your error, host error or client error?

just trying to fathom if it's worth running it at the moment.

Just now, Quadrafarian said:

3887.767 Net [Error]: Discarding packet with invalid signature from: IPADDRESSREMOVED

3887.767 Net [Error]: Used per connection salt: 0, request=1

your error, host error or client error?

just trying to fathom if it's worth running it at the moment.

There was a hotfix released. Rerun the launcher and see if that fixes it.

It was restarted after every update/hotfix.

I've seen people playing on it but quite a few clients connects give the same error, so it's not everyone that connects or specific geoip's.

The server runs from it's own installation so I can enter and exit my game without issues.

This may be a really stupid question; but how does my client know which account I am running? I am the only one that plays warframe on my computers, but I can imagine some players sharing a PC. Does this mean the Karma score goes to the client or does it use the last logged in person or am I misunderstanding this whole thing ;)? 

I have one question : If i want to help and open a server, what are the most requested games, the most needed ? Lunaro ? Cephalon, Team annihilation ?

Edited by Stonehenge
  • Upvote 1

Sad to hear console getting left in the dust like that. I suggest you, DE, at least setup some dedicated servers for PS4 & Xbox 1 considering our total population is minor in comparison to PC, which implies it shouldn't be as costly. 

That being said, I feel like people who host servers should get a small but steady stream of plat constantly running to their account, it should be based around the Karma points and play time

I can't play conclave anymore now ...

There is like more dedicated server than conclave player, which result in being alone in any dedicated server i join on all game mods, i can wait, nobody join.

During 2 hours i only saw "2" players ... It ended doing 1v1 ...

Please can you limite the number of dedicated server per regions, like 10 max for europe, we don't need more servers you alredy know that there isn't enough players.

I really can't find games since the index update.

Can we please have a server browser at least ? I don't care if i have to join a server with an high ping for me, i just want to play conclave.

This update totally blocked me from playing conclave. I hope for changes to be done really soon.

Thanks

26 minutes ago, clemza said:

I can't play conclave anymore now ...

There is like more dedicated server than conclave player, which result in being alone in any dedicated server i join on all game mods, i can wait, nobody join.

During 2 hours i only saw "2" players ... It ended doing 1v1 ...

Please can you limite the number of dedicated server per regions, like 10 max for europe, we don't need more servers you alredy know that there isn't enough players.

I really can't find games since the index update.

Can we please have a server browser at least ? I don't care if i have to join a server with an high ping for me, i just want to play conclave.

This update totally blocked me from playing conclave. I hope for changes to be done really soon.

Thanks

true

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut its funny to add all the guys playing on our server cause you can see their names, items etc :^)

EDIT: And im hosting a server for hours now and im still didnt made it onto the leaderboard - dunno whats wrong...

Edited by schNEO
topkek

One step forward and two steps back.... 

Let me just say I am thankful for the servers, as are my clanmates and many other players but in the state this feature was released it is not fit for public use, but rather maybe clan matches at most. Because there is so many servers and because the system is powered by matchmaking rather than a server browser you end up with numerous lobbies with 1 player in them waiting for others to join.... which will never happen unless you invite someone. 

For a player driven dedicated system to work there has to be a server browser, with the number of players currently in lobby, the server karma/rating plus region. I think that people are smart enough to figure out how to pick a server, they don't need broken matchmaking to hold their hands and lead them to their neighbours Dimitry's server who no one else will join because it's in the middle of nowhere but you just happen to live right next to it.....

Edited by Tzirael

Although I approve of servers - very stable from the one I was in for the match (or few?) - the issue of 'there is nobody' is still present:

I managed to join a session of FFA Conclave, but that was it; every other time I found empty servers (again).

I again suggest a simple algorithm, although I know nothing about how to create said code:

-If server is empty, 'hide' unless all servers are full. If server is full, 'hide' until server population drops below maximum.

-Matchmaking would prioritize any server with the minimum population of at least 1 person, and then ensure to gather people of similar connections into that server until it's full.

-If match has reached 'halfway until done', 'hide' server until after match completion.

I am assured DE will provide a fix for this soon(tm).

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Added other words.

On 2016-10-22 at 2:14 AM, Koldraxon-732 said:

I managed to join a session of FFA Conclave, but that was it; every other time I found empty servers (again).

I again suggest a simple algorithm, although I know nothing about how to create said code:

-If server is empty, 'hide' unless all servers are full. If server is full, 'hide' until server population drops below maximum.

-Matchmaking would prioritize any server with the minimum population of at least 1 person, and then ensure to gather people of similar connections into that server until it's full.

-If match has reached 'halfway until done', 'hide' server until after match completion.

I mostly agree but.

Well prefer lobby's that are already full with one or another , also if you join a server it has to choose in the waiting area which server it is going to use based on average ping and connection, this way you can distribute a lot of servers and load balance most of it.

Thing could also be that your connection is just tunneled trough the DD servers that connect to each other and on this way make connections more stable.

Edited by Nep_Blanc

8 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Although I approve of servers - very stable from the one I was in for the match (or few?) - the issue of 'there is nobody' is still present:

I am assured DE will provide a fix for this soon(tm).

And maybe + this:

If "Karma" on 1 server bigger then on 2, join to 1. "Karma" growup only if players join to server by himself 

Edited by -10no-KiWad
^ง•.•^ง lost words

Kept my server running all night and all day but I guess I'm not close enough to anyone to be worth it.  I'm still not on the leaderboard. :(  I'm pretty sure it works at all because of previous testing, but no one is coming into my server on their own.

I have feeling, no one will mentioned that, but we need all chat for conclave games (all of them)

Like, in simple chat - you have squad, clan, region etc

That would give so much more for people who wants to conclave ^^

I have a high end 24/7 Server. This needs to run natively on Linux or FreeBSD as a standalone application. I am not going to dedicate the resources running a virtual machine w/ Windows and the space required for a full install of Warframe just for this application. If this is accomplished I would have no problems hosting multiple games.

Edit: Why am I limited to hosting a specific type of PVP match instead of hosting any PVP match?

Edited by Chaos.Blades
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Chaos.Blades said:

I have a high end 24/7 Server. This needs to run natively on Linux or FreeBSD as a standalone application. I am not going to dedicate the resources running a virtual machine w/ Windows and the space required for a full install of Warframe just for this application. If this is accomplished I would have no problems hosting multiple games.

Yep I agree. I mean it I also got a linux server and I dont wanna use windows VM to start a single application. Too much hassle. And most people I know just dont use windows servers.

2 minutes ago, ChillZi said:

Yep I agree. I mean it I also got a linux server and I dont wanna use windows VM to start a single application. Too much hassle. And most people I know just dont use windows servers.

I am a Data Center Technician. Most companies don't use Windows Servers. The most common I have seen are Red Hat and CentOS which are both Linux. Linux literally dominates the server OS market.

26 minutes ago, Chaos.Blades said:

I am a Data Center Technician. Most companies don't use Windows Servers. The most common I have seen are Red Hat and CentOS which are both Linux. Linux literally dominates the server OS market.

I think the problem is that they would have to recode everything to make a linux application which would mean developing the game from the ground up again.

1 hour ago, Chaos.Blades said:

To be fair, it's like me saying that Warframe hasn't made this game compatible with Apple Mac's (Which is mainly known to be BSD). I see where you're coming from, just know for a fact that this game is still under development.

I personally use a VPS that has Windows Server R2 2012, but doesn't seem to work due to the fact that it has no graphics card. So hopefully there will be a solution for this, but Linux / CentOS would be recommended for this situation.

Edited by CaptainUK