Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dedicated Conclave Servers

[DE]Drew

3 hours ago, Neah said:

Sent, its around 1500 in the Dedicated Server log

Should be better in the next build (not the one released today, didn't get the fix in time). Having said that, we don't want to block the possibility of hosting a server/playing at the same time, but keep in mind this can result in a less-then-perfect experience for players connected to your server (you're running 2 instances of Warframe, can get quite demanding for your hardware).

21 minutes ago, knife007 said:

My better=)

2z2GT8W.png

Psst I can do that too :P

58CT50y.png

Seems to happen if you are on a wired connection and the server is running at greater than 2 times the frame rate compared to your client. I'm guessing that the server is therefore managing to send info back between actual frames rendered on the client, which causes ping = 0-1 ms.

So, Will servers ever work on VM that don't have a GPU? (so, minimum requirement would be CPU and x amount of ram)

Since, I'd assume this don't load too many textures or shaders that need help of an extra GPU. It was a shame, i wanted to host a dedicated warframe server on a VM, but since it don't have a GPU, i can't host a server.

On 2016-11-27 at 8:08 PM, SubjectL said:

So, Will servers ever work on VM that don't have a GPU? (so, minimum requirement would be CPU and x amount of ram)

Since, I'd assume this don't load too many textures or shaders that need help of an extra GPU. It was a shame, i wanted to host a dedicated warframe server on a VM, but since it don't have a GPU, i can't host a server.

you can I just have a coulple of servers running in a VM environment, one on the top left is my music bot the rest are all the possible servers you can host. VMServers.PNG

Only thing tho the server has a ATI radeon HD 4550 but I don't think this has anything to do with the GPU requirement, although you got to enable 3d and 2d acceleration.

On 2016-11-27 at 11:54 PM, SubjectL said:

Nope, Warframe don't work for me. The starter menu says My graphics card is not supported (Server does not have a GPU)

-snip-

Well one tip do not run it in remote desktop mode and are you using virtualbox?

if so look at these options:

Vid-DD-server-options.PNG

I hope it helps

OK, so this is a semi-unofficial feature, but for some time now you could run launcher with -headless -dedicated command line arguments. In this mode it runs as a 100% console app and doesn't require any input (assuming there are no errors), will grab the latest update and spawn a dedicated server process afterwards. It's not officially advertised yet, but we had some volunteers try it (thx p41nfr4m3 and SubjectL) and it seem stable enough to announce it here. The only caveat is, it'll use current DS.cfg settings, so it either needs to be edited by hand or you have to run the full version of the Launcher, spawn the server (it'll update DS.cfg) and copy it over. I'll work on making this more user friendly in the future.

On 02/12/2016 at 2:51 AM, maciejs said:

OK, so this is a semi-unofficial feature, but for some time now you could run launcher with -headless -dedicated command line arguments. In this mode it runs as a 100% console app and doesn't require any input (assuming there are no errors), will grab the latest update and spawn a dedicated server process afterwards. It's not officially advertised yet, but we had some volunteers try it (thx p41nfr4m3 and SubjectL) and it seem stable enough to announce it here. The only caveat is, it'll use current DS.cfg settings, so it either needs to be edited by hand or you have to run the full version of the Launcher, spawn the server (it'll update DS.cfg) and copy it over. I'll work on making this more user friendly in the future.

Yup, works fine for now, 

The DS.cfg does not show up where it is meant to be right now.

2 minutes ago, maciejs said:

How do you close the server process? You have to give it a chance to save it (so Alt+F4).

Okay, that worked. I also found another way to get it, which is just to host a server on your main computer, and take the DS.cfg from there. But thank you.

43 minutes ago, maciejs said:

Cool. FWIW, it's a  good habit to let the server shut down, so it has a chance to log you out (not that it matters much, we handle that, but means a little bit of extra work on our side :)).

So, I'd take it in sometime in the future, we will be able to log in and appear on the leaderboard (and make our own MOTD?)

You can actually do it right now, it's just a little bit of hassle. For WF account->DS binding, open EE.cfg and add the following:

[LotusDedicatedServerAccountSettings,/Lotus/Types/Game/DedicatedServerAccountSettings]
email=mywarframeaccountemail

(LotusDedicatedServerAccountSettings might exist there already, if not - add it).

MOTD is part of LotusDedicatedServerSettings section in DS.cfg:

motd="Hello world!"

...but yeah, I'll definitely try to streamline it.

3 hours ago, maciejs said:

You can actually do it right now, it's just a little bit of hassle. For WF account->DS binding, open EE.cfg and add the following:

[LotusDedicatedServerAccountSettings,/Lotus/Types/Game/DedicatedServerAccountSettings]
email=mywarframeaccountemail

(LotusDedicatedServerAccountSettings might exist there already, if not - add it).

MOTD is part of LotusDedicatedServerSettings section in DS.cfg:

motd="Hello world!"

...but yeah, I'll definitely try to streamline it.

Thanks!

I've placed my email in, Server is running,

added MOTD, Now i just have to wait to see if it goes onto the leaderboard thingy, 

Thanks!

Edit:

After server being up for a few hours, Seems its not showing up on the leaderboard, when i'm in game, look at personal hosted score, nothing comes up.

2 minutes ago, maciejs said:

Check your DedicatedServer.log, look for "Logging in as" string and make sure it's actually using your account. You need to host at least one full game to get DS points, too.

I've looked, it has logged me in, and server has done at least one full game, since i was in it with a few other players.

Yeah, you've 131pts so far, so it might be just in-game UI not showing it properly, I'll take a look and see what's up, but rest assured, your score is accumulating. Also, congratulations to knife007 for being the first one to host 1000 games to completion on his server!

On 2016-12-02 at 5:48 PM, knife007 said:

What about functions:
- Private server.
- Edit maximum number of slots.

Perhaps it is too early to think about it, but for the future....

Maximum slots can be problematic, as there's in-game UI/game balance consequence.

As for the 'clan-only' servers - admittedly - I raced to add it in at the very last minute and it wasn't fully done (ie. you can host a clan-only server, but there's no easy way to restrict your searches to clan-only games). I've added this missing piece of the puzzle today, it needs to go through tests, but with some luck it should go live this week (an extra option in the conclave screen "Clan only" will host/look for sessions matching your clan id).

Archived