Dedicated Conclave Servers

[DE]Drew

I'm confused because I see server settings in both ee.cfg and ds.cfg

Here's what I have in ee.cfg

Spoiler

+nowarning
+version=5

[KeyBindings,/EE/Types/Input/KeyBindings]

[LotusDedicatedServerAccountSettings,/Lotus/Types/Game/DedicatedServerAccountSettings]
email=[redacted]
App.DedicatedServerFrameRate=200

[LotusDedicatedServerConfig,/EE/Types/Base/Config]

[LotusDedicatedServerSettings,/Lotus/Types/Game/DedicatedServerSettings]
version=6
email=[redacted]
highBandwidth=2
starChart=/Lotus/Types/Game/SolarMap/OriginSolarMapRedux
gameConfig=/Lotus/Types/GameRules/LotusDedicatedServerGameConfig
missionNode=PvpNode9
missionId=TDM_ALT_Title
missionRegion=6
gameModeId=406011
eloRating=2
motd="Snowball fight! Top fighter gets 50p at end of event! Hosted by Pythadragon [Discord.me/Conclave]"

Yet I also have this in ds.cfg (old settings from when I was hosting RC TDM)

Spoiler

+nowarning
+version=5

[LotusDedicatedServerConfig,/EE/Types/Base/Config]

[LotusDedicatedServerSettings,/Lotus/Types/Game/DedicatedServerSettings]
version=6
starChart=/Lotus/Types/Game/SolarMap/OriginSolarMapRedux
gameConfig=/Lotus/Types/GameRules/LotusDedicatedServerGameConfig
missionNode=PvpNode9
missionId=DM_Title
missionRegion=6
gameModeId=406011
eloRating=0
motd="Climb the mountain, Tenno [NA-W][Pythaserver 200hz][discord.me/conclave]"
missionIdToNode={

I tested highbandwidth=2 on ee.cfg and renamed my ds.cfg file to ds.cfg.old so it wouldn't be used.

highBandwidth=2 seems to eat ~1.1 Mbps upload with 8 players, Regular was more like 200Kbps upload.

I think everything is working properly without the ds.cfg file.

It's exactly the same process, just install WF on that machine, start it using Launcher options (or -headless -dedicated commandline args). You do need to login to WF at least once so it knows your email (or you can edit the config file by hand).

Is it going to be possible to host a dedicated server of a Windows server 2012 R2 there does not have a physical graphic card?

becuase i have a server running and i have tried to install warframe on it, just to host a dedicated server to help out on the conclave. but i can't get it to install on my server becuase i don't have a physical graphic card in my server.? and when i try to run a server on my main pc i do not have the option to do it why is that? 

1 minute ago, NikoZekken said:

Is it going to be possible to host a dedicated server of a Windows server 2012 R2 there does not have a physical graphic card?

becuase i have a server running and i have tried to install warframe on it, just to host a dedicated server to help out on the conclave. but i can't get it to install on my server becuase i don't have a physical graphic card in my server.? and when i try to run a server on my main pc i do not have the option to do it why is that? 

in launcher shortcut add '-headless -dedicated'

Can you send me your Launcher.log? I don't think you're running with -headless as you would not see the gfx UI at all in such case. As for the private slot it's all been there, but it's technically unused. Server is part of the sesssion (as it needs to host it), so it does take a session slot (private), but we never spawn a player for him.

@maciejs just a question is it possible for some hosters around here to have -TDM or -CTF flags for launching the game and or making a home made shuffle launcher possible?

Because I am currently going further on someones work and well to add upon it I could just fully edit a whole file (What is just a load of work), I currently have it really ez if I just choose the game to host and the rest is just in the CFG file that is needed.

and or more flags could be useful and nice to complete/expand this launcher/re-starter app that is really useful for what it is now.

https://github.com/NepBlanc/ServerTool

That is what I just started with today it is a small thing and could be expanded upon so if anyone of you guys makes it better or just wants to use it its free to do so.

2 hours ago, TheRoaringLion said:

@maciejs just a question is it possible for some hosters around here to have -TDM or -CTF flags for launching the game and or making a home made shuffle launcher possible?

I think I'll just add an option to choose a particular config type (from the DS.cfg file, right now it always loads LotusDedicatedServerConfig), so that you can create a bunch of configs for your game modes/server types and then just run -headless -dedicated:MyConfig or sth like that.

On 2016-12-19 at 3:19 AM, maciejs said:

I think I'll just add an option to choose a particular config type (from the DS.cfg file, right now it always loads LotusDedicatedServerConfig), so that you can create a bunch of configs for your game modes/server types and then just run -headless -dedicated:MyConfig or sth like that.

That seems to suffice I think I was thinking to make an algorithm with someone else to just edit the CFG file but this seems a lot easier and probably a lot better too

Only Caveat that you gotta edit that file yourself or just have a template with the app. I'll figure that out.

22 hours ago, Duhktape said:

as someone who is sick of snowballs hitting but not actually "hitting" opponents, im glad to see this.

however, is there any danger from having strangers connect to your network?

I wouldn't say it's more dangerous than any other P2P game.

2 hours ago, Duhktape said:

that doesn't answer my question...

u r doing me a grate concern

OK, let's elaborate then. Playing Warframe requires you to open at least 2 ports on your machine (dedicated server or not). In theory that means 'strangers' can try to send you various kinda of data on these ports. However, in practice, it's unlikely to cause problems because a) communication channel is open between 2 WF instances (and 2 particular addresses) and b) data sent at this port will be handled by WF. If malformed, it'll be rejected, but if it slips through, in the worst case it can crash your game, but that's pretty much it. Again, to reiterate - it'd require a non-trivial amount of effort for an unclear purpose, so I doubt anyone would actually try that.

Archived