Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dedicated Conclave Servers

[DE]Drew

On 2017-05-16 at 9:20 PM, RyuGold said:

It's not a problem about informations, it's a problem about how this can't stand. It's worse than DS' matchmaking and that takes art.
You can't get in a match where, let's say, your team rage quits and then you're suddenly left alone for 10 whole minutes vs 3 campers.

It's just so bad. Might I add: why there are TWO loadings when you leave conclave (to find another server, hopefully to not get in the same deserted one you were before).
And the fact that I have to search multiple times to find a server where a match is already on going is bad. There should be a priority (CLEARLY there isn't) where you get in a server where there are people.

3 should be the biggest priority because: it's not a big number, other people might join, you will be the 4th and so will make everything even (free4all or team) and it won't be chaotic.

You just CAN'T match me in a server without anybody in it when there are servers with similar ping and AT LEAST 1 guy.

currently the matchmaking system is exactly like you say it only does not seem to assign you to a server that has players in your region, in my eyes this works best if there actually are players, if not then sorry can't help that WF PVP is almost dead.

What is your region though? This could explain something and well could you do a speedtest so we could see if your minimum ping could be the issue.

If you really want to pvp get in a PVP clan and see if that works, otherwise your frustration is more a low population than a matchmaking issue.

Oh sorry, I went away.

But no, I tested out already and these aren't my 1st times either (hell, at this point I MIGHT have preferred when we needed an host).

I'm in the European server, wich doesn't look to be bad. I had to research the same things over and over to find the same servers and after a bit, it comes out that there was already one filled with 5 people in and the match going on (ping was similar. Nothing like a big jump from 50 to 120, I would've understood that since my ping limit too).

Good question: Pvp clan? Is that a thing? What's the difference? Aren't conflicts for dark sectors closed?

Also, why are you assuming I'm frustrated?

Why would you do that? WTF!!! Omg this community! WHY!? It's all the same! Ah jk it's ok

On 2017-05-16 at 11:14 PM, RyuGold said:

Oh sorry, I went away.

But no, I tested out already and these aren't my 1st times either (hell, at this point I MIGHT have preferred when we needed an host).

I'm in the European server, wich doesn't look to be bad. I had to research the same things over and over to find the same servers and after a bit, it comes out that there was already one filled with 5 people in and the match going on (ping was similar. Nothing like a big jump from 50 to 120, I would've understood that since my ping limit too).

Good question: Pvp clan? Is that a thing? What's the difference? Aren't conflicts for dark sectors closed?

Also, why are you assuming I'm frustrated?

Hide contents

Why would you do that? WTF!!! Omg this community! WHY!? It's all the same! Ah jk it's ok

Well the way you posted gave me the idea so just saying.

Well if you are on the European server you probably have seen my servers and others servers as well.

My servers lately had some problems (S#&$com router Dossing me) but now they are fine and running smoothly and even then it is not always going to work right.

The matchmaker is supposed  to fulfill certain criteria and if some are not met you get these kind if shenanigans, can't help it its just like this now sadly enough.

On 2017-05-18 at 5:08 AM, System.Lord.Ra said:

I have several server on Singapore, i am looking for this and see if it is possible to run it from Linux, so i will make it 24/7 just like Community Server

hey man if you get it working and like with multiple instances I wanna know how you did this because I am looking into a way to get it running on linux too.

1 hour ago, TheRoaringLion said:

hey man if you get it working and like with multiple instances I wanna know how you did this because I am looking into a way to get it running on linux too.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

I will try Wine with desktop gui but i do not have time to do this now.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed recently that remoting in to my server machine has caused session resets for all (or some?) of my running servers, causing all the players in the servers to host migrate. This definitely wasn't the case until the past few weeks, so not sure what's going on there...

Not sure tbh, as much as I'd like to have an answer for you, it's more of a design/general game direction question than a technical one.

BTW, I know there's some tech crowd here, some of you guys might be interested in a short presentation I gave on our networking system (includes a little bit dedicated server info as well, at the very end) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVetqMgcN50

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/10/2016 at 3:26 AM, [DE]maciejs said:

Jumping in to answer some questions:

- dedicated server is a "console application", it doesn't render anything, so requirements should be a little bit lower than for an actual game. Having said that, please keep in mind server still needs to run all the AI code, scripts, network replication and so on (all the game logic basically). Would not recommend running it on a single-core CPU. We tried to make sure EE uses multiple threads and - for example - 90% of the networking system runs in parallel if possible. We do not need to load most of the graphical resources, so memory requirements are lower too (we still load meshes, collision data and animations, need them for hit detection for example)

- clan only = only members of your clan can join the server (experimental)

@[DE]maciejs How about alliance only?

Our alliance, (http://planetary-alliance.com/) is one of the largest in WF currently and it would be somewhat interesting to consider to setup a high performance server, if the conditions where right, and plus that DE would give us the management right to only allow members of the alliance to enter.

It could be a good tool too for having an additional way of running fun events etc for our members,which is not possible if we cannot restrict the public from enter. (Also server costs would make it expensive as a public server uses much more resources and thus drives up the hosting costs etc).

Also the community Dedicated server supported on Linux is certainly an absolute requirement to run it on a professional way. However a Windows server could be an, (worst case) alternative if the server software would run as a windows service, which i suspect doesn't do. Running mixed alternatives eg modulated (WINE) windows software in Linux is not a good option which will bring its own set of challenges and issues. If DE wish to taken serious by the community about this, then you guys need to invest the required time and money to develop this.  

Thanks! 

I have the game downloaded from steam. When I tried to start the launcher it wanted me to specifiy a download location in which it basicly downloaded most of the game. I specified the same folder in order to try to get the launcher to recognize it, however it created .../Downloaded/ and put several copied files in there.

Now apart from wasting saving space, here's the issue:
When I try to run a server, it boots, but eventually always tells me that it had to be shut down because the game isn't up to date and that it couldn't find the launcher in the /Downloaded/[filepath] folder, then starts to unload.
I deleted Warframe properly and re-installed it from steam. The launcher yet again wants to download the files if I start it from the folder. Is there a way for me to tell the launcher where the files are or a different way to start a dedicated server when trying this from a steam installation?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything about this.

On 2017-07-15 at 11:18 AM, ScribbleClash said:

I have the game downloaded from steam. When I tried to start the launcher it wanted me to specifiy a download location in which it basicly downloaded most of the game. I specified the same folder in order to try to get the launcher to recognize it, however it created .../Downloaded/ and put several copied files in there.

Now apart from wasting saving space, here's the issue:
When I try to run a server, it boots, but eventually always tells me that it had to be shut down because the game isn't up to date and that it couldn't find the launcher in the /Downloaded/[filepath] folder, then starts to unload.
I deleted Warframe properly and re-installed it from steam. The launcher yet again wants to download the files if I start it from the folder. Is there a way for me to tell the launcher where the files are or a different way to start a dedicated server when trying this from a steam installation?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything about this.

Best tip is just use the stand alone installer because that is easier and I do recommend to use Spiedies tool that he made to host multipe servers if you need that.

https://discord.gg/2Qjds6

Hope you have more questions there and get those answered there too.

My DM server crashed with WAR-1344422

From the log:

Error [Info]: GPF

Application error messages:
WormHole.lua
Deploy
ShieldDownEffects.lua
AddScreenEffect
PvpCommonGameRules.lua
OnUpdate
WormHole.lua
wormHole

On 17.7.2017 at 3:22 PM, [DE]maciejs said:

Thank you for reporting I'll take a look

It may be a bad config. I went back and startet a singular server. If I try to open multiple ones as by a description in one of your earlier posts, they all crash on me eventually.

If I remove all but one of these from my ServerConfig.txt:

"TDMDedicatedServerSettings" : 1,
"DMDedicatedServerSettings" : 1,
"LunaroDedicatedServerSettings" : 1,
"CTFDedicatedServerSettings": 1

It runs without issues.
Following the rest of my "scripts"

Spoiler

DS.cfg

Spoiler

[DMDedicatedServerSettings,LotusDedicatedServerSettings]
missionId=DM_Title

[TDMDedicatedServerSettings,LotusDedicatedServerSettings]
missionId=TDM_Title

[CTFDedicatedServerSettings,LotusDedicatedServerSettings]
missionId=CTF_Title

[LunaroDedicatedServerSettings,LotusDedicatedServerSettings]
missionId=SB_Title

start.bat

Spoiler

Launcher.exe -headless -dedicated -dscfg:SCon.txt

+Noteworthy: SCon.txt is the one that only starts one server.

In any case, just letting you know so you don't waste time on it.

There's an odd case I noticed today as my ISP was being a bit finnicky. My internet had gone down at some point for a couple of minutes, and when I checked back up on the server PC, one of my servers was spamming an error endlessly until I killed it gracefully by hitting 'Q'.

22293.209 Sys [Error]: Script Error: SWIG_contract_assert: In OnMatchEnded(531) originating from /Lotus/Scripts/PVP/PvpCommonGameRules.lua::OnUpdate with owner LotusPvpDMGameRules
Error [Info]: LogBug: (Script Error)

PVPDeathMatch.lua
RunMode
ConclaveCape.lua
InitCapeEffects
ConclaveCape.lua
InitCapeEffects
PvpCommonGameRules.lua
OnUpdate

4 servers were running but only one of them had that issue, I believe due to it being populated at the time of my internet dying. I'm pretty sure this also only started spamming once my internet came back online, but I can't 100% confirm it as I wasn't watching at the time of the incident (nor was I really able to). I'm going to PM you my log @maciejs since there's definitely a lot more information in it for this one.

Also just noticed another script error in the TDM server:

20357.832 Sys [Error]: Script Error: attempt to method a nil value: In OnDamageDone(125) originating from /Lotus/Scripts/WeaponAttachments/GrnQueenSceptre.lua::OnDamageDone with owner GrnQueenSceptreWeapon
Error [Info]: LogBug: (Script Error)

BrawlerPassive.lua
StartPassive
ShieldDownEffects.lua
AddScreenEffect
ShieldDownEffects.lua
AddScreenEffect
GrnQueenSceptre.lua
OnDamageDone

Error [Error]: MiniDump thread returned an error

Hey guys, just trying to make a decision here.

My question is does having an SSD improve the server performance or is it just fine in a HDD? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get 6gb more ram so I can dedicate more ram or get an SSD. Right now I'm running it entirely headless with 

Xeon x5650 (3 cores per server (3 servers))

12gb ram (2.8gb per server)

320gb 7200rpm HDD

Only things the server does are warframe and it's my storage server (only 2 reasons I have it). Idk how the warframe dedicated servers are effected by drive speed. I'm not having any issues/performance problems but anything I can do to improve user experience would be nice. 

I'd say it's not worth it only for Warframe DS.It'd only affect your loading times, but since:

a) we're not loading gfx data

b) it only happens once, when hosting a mission for the first time

I'd guess the perf improvement would be very modest (avatar stuff would load faster too, for JIP, but again - this is not a deal breaker).

Archived