Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dedicated Conclave Servers

[DE]Drew

• 5 months later...

@maciejs

With us getting further along into the year, I know there's a growing hope and expectation for cross-play being implemented. I know a lot of the Conclave players are definitely excited for it as well, with being able to fight players from other platforms being a big appeal.

That being said, I was wondering if it would be possible to shed any bit of light on how this may be working for dedicated servers. I understand you may not be able to talk about any of this or just flat out may not know yet, and that's fine. But if you could, I would be interested in knowing in general if cross-play will be enabled for the dedicated servers (i.e. people from PC and PS4 can both join my server and duke it out). And additionally, if this is going to happen, will / can there be any denotation in the log of what platform players are joining from? It would be a nice feature to have just so that I can mark what platform players are using on my weekly leaderboard.

Thank you as always!

7 minutes ago, maciejs said:

Yeah I'm afraid not much is decided at this point. Some of that stuff is not up to us, different console vendors have different requirements. I'll let you know if we have any news.

Much appreciated since crossplay would be really helpful to alleviate one of the biggest issues from conclave, which boils down to its low population and inability to find matches quickly, which becomes a downwards spiral due to the backlog of unfixed issues (some of those added with The Old Blood) and the overall radio silence around the mode.

12 minutes ago, maciejs said:

Yeah I'm afraid not much is decided at this point. Some of that stuff is not up to us, different console vendors have different requirements. I'll let you know if we have any news.

Got it; that's all good. Thank you very much for the insight!

• 4 months later...

After the latest update (Veilbreaker), it looks like player names in the log have some ASCII characters () appended to them. This seems to happen anywhere the name is mentioned, i.e. not just on specific events like join or kill.

I'm assuming it's not intentional but either way, just wanted to bring it to your attention

It looks like there may be an issue with matchmaking (at least in regards to dedicated servers) going on.

I apologize in advance for not having a whole lot of details, but the issue basically comes down to "something seems wrong here".

As far as I'm aware, there's only two dedicated servers currently being hosted in the NA region: Theroxenes' and my own. I've had a couple of people reach out over the past few days and it seems that they're unable to join either of our servers when in the NA region, no matter what game mode they select. If it was just my server I'd chalk it up to some issue of my own, but since it's also Thero's, it sounded a bit suspect. I looked into it and I definitely do see there are some people in my servers throughout the day, but most of the regular people I would see haven't been there for a while. Of course, I understand that's not necessarily evident of anything on its own, but it does seem strange that several people who would normally be there throughout the week, every week, were suddenly just gone.

From what I've been told, this started to become an issue after the latest updates (not sure if it was after the main Veilbreaker update itself or any specific hotfix after). I've emailed you one of my logs as well so you can see if there's anything fishy in there. I'm not sure if this is an issue for any other regions unfortunately.

Again I apologize for not having much to go on here, but we would really appreciate it if you could take a look on your end just to see if there's anything that seems off.

Yeah everything looked fine on my end which is why I was a bit confused.

To clarify some more, there are people that clearly can still join, but it seems like it's incredibly hard - if not impossible - to get into a dedicated server. Thero tested himself as well and couldn't even join his own servers. It seems like most of the time, it just throws people into newly created matches instead of any servers. Every now and then they'll end up in a server, but they have to really repeatedly try, as opposed to the servers being (at least what seemed like) the preferred and quickest choice by matchmaking before.

I've asked the people who reached out to provide a log if they can. They can either post it themselves or I'll pass it along to you when they get to it.

• 1 month later...

An update on that, I haven't had anyone else complaining and I haven't noticed any oddities with people in my server. Its looked pretty typical on my end in terms of player count. I'll keep you updated if anything changes with it, but I think people may have jumped the gun on it.

Unfortunately I do have another question to bother you with though 🙃

It seems like Warframe likes to make/pick a folder as the "profile dir" where it stores (from what I can see) your settings. However for the dedicated server, it looks like it's a bit more wild about it. Every time a server starts, it seems to pick a new arbitrary directory. It also looks like it stores nothing in that directory.

This isn't a monumental issue since it's just a bunch of empty directories, but it is kind of insane to have this many junk folders lying around (after I already deleted maybe double that as well):

upload_c3af118c878e3f11_1667594075.png

Is it possible to tweak that in some way so that it either just doesn't make the dir, or will stay with the same one like the client seems to do? Or alternatively, is this just some issue that's on my end?

Yeah we didn't really touch matchmaking, so I don't think it'd be the same thing (but I tried same repro for the peace of mind, looked good). Could be they were on an old build. I will take a look at the profile dir problem, definitely not intentional, especially if it's not saving anything. My guess is it's something to do with "anonymous" dedicated servers, but will try to confirm

• 3 months later...

You can now host your own Cross-Platform Play Dedicated Conclave Server! 

• To do so, the following change is required in your config files. Simply add “allowXPlatform=1” in your LotusDedicatedServerSettings. Learn more about dedicated servers here.

Just wanted to say thank you for this!

I know a lot of people have been waiting for it, and I think we're all very appreciative that it was added.

Archived