Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dedicated Conclave Servers

[DE]Drew

6 hours ago, p41nfr4m3 said:

Would it be possible to have the installer have an option for server install ? It's not possible to install Warframe on a server with an older onboard graphic card or in any XEN/KVM setup where you only have default vga drivers. e.g.:

JTJsAuF.png

So far I only had 2 crashes and reports have been submitted. There were some errors but they seem to be related to the hotfix as well as strict error reporting.

Regards

p41nfr4m3

You can copy paste the whole game`s folder but that would be needed after each patch

6 hours ago, p41nfr4m3 said:

Would it be possible to have the installer have an option for server install ? It's not possible to install Warframe on a server with an older onboard graphic card or in any XEN/KVM setup where you only have default vga drivers. e.g.:

JTJsAuF.png

So far I only had 2 crashes and reports have been submitted. There were some errors but they seem to be related to the hotfix as well as strict error reporting.

Regards

p41nfr4m3

Thanks for the heads-up here - I have a small server box running Win10 Pro that I built myself that only has onboard graphics... I'm hoping it's enough to get past this stage. I'd rather not have to get a dedicated graphics card for running a server. I'm going to have a play with this today and will report back with my specs if it works. And any NAT / routing issues I encounter! 

Two things I would gladly see to come:

1. Give us a way (or tell us a way how to create a bat file with all arguments and such) to launch a dedicated server without having to open up a launcher.

2. Make an option which makes the server to be adaptive and host pve game modes too, what I mean by that is that the server could run any game mode depending on "demand". So for example, if I was to make such server it could load any game mode and any map that has no other dedicated server available (or other dedicated server that has this adaptive option).

Always just "NAT bound for server to ip:5010", I have port 5010 forwarded so I don't know what's going on here.

I'm also curious to how you guys know which IP is what account, since we never log in, does it just check the IP and how many times a certain account has logged in from it?

@Farris - I think this is normal, we rebind NAT periodically, so if there's no game going, you'll see mostly these. Judging by the partial log after join the player has simply disconnected. I see you on the dedicated server leaderboards now so it seems like you have hosted a complete game session :)

2 minutes ago, The-Aurora said:

Two things I would gladly see to come:

1. Give us a way (or tell us a way how to create a bat file with all arguments and such) to launch a dedicated server without having to open up a launcher.

2. Make an option which makes the server to be adaptive and host pve game modes too, what I mean by that is that the server could run any game mode depending on "demand". So for example, if I was to make such server it could load any game mode and any map that has no other dedicated server available (or other dedicated server that has this adaptive option).

SonicSonedit posted a batch command earlier:

4 hours ago, SonicSonedit said:
  Reveal hidden contents

To start server without launcher, create a batch file (StartServer.BAT) in your warframe installation folder (D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\ for me) with following contents (paste as single line):

start "Warframe PVP Dedicated Server" /d "Tools" "Warframe.x64.exe" "-fullscreen:0 -dx10:0 -dx11:1 -threadedworker:1 -cluster:public -language:en -allowmultiple -log:DedicatedServer.log -applet:/Lotus/Types/Game/DedicatedServer /Lotus/Types/GameRules/DefaultDedicatedServerSettings -override:{"missionId":DM_Title,"motd":"FOR MOTHER LOTUS"}""

I guess being in Hawaii means I probably won't get anyone on my server even if it is working. :(

It seems I can join it just fine, but I wonder if anyone else can.

Ok, so alt tabbing while in the server lobby in order to type that last line resulted in me losing connection apparently.

I guess it's working ok.  I managed to invite a friend into a match and it launched fine though he quit just before the timer for the match start finished.

I have a server running for about 10 hours, not seeing myself on leaderboard. Do I need to start my client and log in after starting it? Because I didn't do that. I was just playing, without having started a server yet, a hotfix dropped, so I updated, started dedicated server, and walked away.

It seems to be accepting connections and running games... 

5 hours ago, SonicSonedit said:

5) Where is the list of console commands?

6) What does "Variant" do?

5. Because we are not admins and we can not change anything in this game... it's not our private server (like in CS).

6. Variant is a game that able players to connect with Opticors only (one shot = kill), no powers, no other sh&*. JUST YOU AND YOUR LASER :)

Just now, The66Monkey said:

cool im hosting now, lets hope it helps those crazy, crazy bastards who play pvp.

Ha - exactly! I don't even play pvp (I have a tendency to go full Hulk rage monster), I'm just curious / slightly excited to try this out. I have no idea how to test it - I'm not entirely sure I can get out and back in to my own firewall without more routing shenanigans but will investigate more later. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)THE_HUNTER96929 said:

The hosting part is understandable but the usage is up to de

I don't think Sony, or Microsoft, allow these kinds of runtimes on their machines. They tend to go quite strict with the way you execute applications. 

Just a guess, but DE would probably be mandated to have the Server be part of the actual Warframe runtime (built into the game) in order to allow distribution on their platform.

1 hour ago, ReizoRyuu said:

I'm also curious to how you guys know which IP is what account, since we never log in, does it just check the IP and how many times a certain account has logged in from it?

Your email address is stored as plain text, in a config file, on your PC. DE already pull this info when you boot up warframe. Probably a similar approach, with the server operating under the email address present in the config file.

Since you aren't technically capable of effecting the profile, there's probably no security risk outside those already present.

10 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

Your email address is stored as plain text, in a config file, on your PC. DE already pull this info when you boot up warframe. Probably a similar approach, with the server operating under the email address present in the config file.

Since you aren't technically capable of effecting the profile, there's probably no security risk outside those already present.

Good to know, thanks.

Note that you do need to log in once to get your credentials stored automagically (and to log in, you need to be able to run the launcher once, which refuses to run remotely). I guess you could set it manually, but it's messy...

Feature request - It would be nice to have a way to launch the server without the launcher, specifying the game mode and other options, and including your profile email address / add a first-run authentication request so you don't end up anonymous.

Archived