Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dedicated Conclave Servers

[DE]Drew

Just now, Chaos.Blades said:

They do not need to make the game playable on Linux to be able to offer server hosting on Linux. Yes, they will have to build it from scratch, but it is not the undertaking that some people seem to be suggesting.

I forgot to mention, to run this on an actual server you would also need to buy another Windows license.

Servers from AWS, Azure, etc. all include the license in the monthly / annual fee - mostly that's why it costs more per month than Linux hosting. If you already rent servers (hosting websites, applications, etc) or have extra machines in your house (and have good Internet) then this certainly something to try.

Sure, a dedicated headless server application would be preferable, and Linux would be nice for the price, but right now I think we should consider this a test, and a good experiment as DE see how the community reacts and how well all these little servers perform. 

I definitely consider this a test, you can't even run this on startup in the task tray. If I close the launcher I can't launch it again from Steam till I close the server, then I have to re-open it again. The feature is called dedicated server but I can only run it on a desktop computer that gets turned on and off throughout the day. What if I need to shut down my computer but I am hosting a game? I just want to point out to DE for this to be a legitimate thing Linux compatibility will need to be developed. I 100% want this to exist, just today I had a PVE mission and got over 1,000ms ping from the host even though it should be limited to 300ms in the settings. I would have gladly hosted that game and a dozen more on my server.

The OP says straight out that they're going to be testing for WINE compatibility. Sure, it's not ideal, but it'll still run at mostly-native speed.

I can't tell if I've been able to host any games yet. I've left it on as I slept, but nothing on the leaderboards so far. We could really use some more friendly logging or tracking, since what we have is more oriented to the developer side of things right now. Hopefully that'll be coming in the near future.

On 10/20/2016 at 6:39 PM, KIREEK said:

I assume this is mostly CPU based, if a specific machine is tasked with the hosting, how much RAM and processing power will be required? Does each match need 1 thread from the hosting machine? Does each match need a specific ammount of ram? how much of a connection speed and bandwidth do you think is needed?

Its obvious that the best machines and the best connections will be placed 1st, but for how long will it take before the machine is overloaded.

Will this only be usefull for a single match or will the server support multiple matches at the same time?

Shouldn't actually require that much CPU or Ram horsepower just a decent system (your average quad system these days) with a good and solid connection speed.  Preferably hard wired not wireless for latency. 

On another note like some have said would love to run this entirely separate from the client. Having a mostly idle secondary machine I can dedicate to this and maybe clan dojo on the future (hint hint ;P) 

Servers now are broken and don't work at all, only reason it works is INVITING its broken and matchmaking has to work with this because this is making PVP a lot more worse and a dying part of the game then it already was.

DE make servers for PVE matches, Like LoR or just pub matches, to leverage more power to the clients for graphics and less to the CPU.

Most of the PVE matches I have seen need this because the host is S#&$ in general and Ping is high and or the Host is Bottlenecked because of CPU power.

Hope they will get it and change it before its too late.

6093.518 Net [Info]: NAT bound for server to IP
6093.957 Net [Error]: Discarding packet with invalid signature from: IP
6093.957 Net [Error]: Used per connection salt: 0, request=0
6094.127 Net [Error]: Discarding packet with invalid signature from: IP
6094.128 Net [Error]: Used per connection salt: 0, request=0
6094.568 Net [Error]: Discarding packet with invalid signature from: IP
6094.568 Net [Error]: Used per connection salt: 0, request=0
6094.905 Net [Error]: Discarding packet with invalid signature from: IP
6094.905 Net [Error]: Used per connection salt: 0, request=0
6095.224 Net [Error]: Discarding packet with invalid signature from: IP
6095.224 Net [Error]: Used per connection salt: 0, request=0
6098.696 Sys [Info]: Stats uploaded

A player joins then a few seconds later they leave and I get this. (original message much longer)

The server system broken atm? 

I have 200Mb's/25Mb's with very low pings

1 hour ago, Reigner said:

6093.518 Net [Info]: NAT bound for server to IP
6093.957 Net [Error]: Discarding packet with invalid signature from: IP
6093.957 Net [Error]: Used per connection salt: 0, request=0
6094.127 Net [Error]: Discarding packet with invalid signature from: IP
6094.128 Net [Error]: Used per connection salt: 0, request=0
6094.568 Net [Error]: Discarding packet with invalid signature from: IP
6094.568 Net [Error]: Used per connection salt: 0, request=0
6094.905 Net [Error]: Discarding packet with invalid signature from: IP
6094.905 Net [Error]: Used per connection salt: 0, request=0
6095.224 Net [Error]: Discarding packet with invalid signature from: IP
6095.224 Net [Error]: Used per connection salt: 0, request=0
6098.696 Sys [Info]: Stats uploaded

A player joins then a few seconds later they leave and I get this. (original message much longer)

The server system broken atm? 

I have 200Mb's/25Mb's with very low pings

servers are not broken on its own, the matchmaking system is broken and drunk at the moment and does not know how to handle with these dedicated servers.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

I have been turning up dedicated server since the day it introduced.

Frequently restarts server at least once per day.

With the recent build or with the latest updateSession(?) API,

the [MAX UP TIME] is not updated.

And sometimes it produce lots of crashes and logBug().

Hope this info helps.

Regards.

1 hour ago, KiddoKenshin said:

I have been turning up dedicated server since the day it introduced.

Frequently restarts server at least once per day.

With the recent build or with the latest updateSession(?) API,

the [MAX UP TIME] is not updated.

And sometimes it produce lots of crashes and logBug().

Hope this info helps.

Regards.

What mode are you hosting/ region are you in to be getting so many matches going? ive been hosting the variant annihilation in US West with barely any matches played 

On 24.10.2016 at 4:55 AM, armedpoop said:

What mode are you hosting/ region are you in to be getting so many matches going? ive been hosting the variant annihilation in US West with barely any matches played 

That's because of all the people with no actual interest in the Conclave are trying to compete in that silly leaderboard, effectively choking out any games. Matchmaking looks for the best ping, and anyone who wants to play gets their own server, forever alone.

Looks like at least the Asia region is still functioning, good job there!

I appreciate people wanting to help out, I really do, and it was great when I could play a few rounds after the update hit (great ping & no migrations). But over the weekend, it's become so dysfunctional, public games pretty much dropped to zero.

The Conclave players have now resorted to using their friends lists (and the Discord) to get into any games at all. Also, there are bugs associated with dedicated servers (see Conclave Feedback forum).

So please, just stop hosting servers for the moment until these issues have been addressed. You're not doing anyone a favour right now.

Edit: After Hotfix 4 I've been able to play in a few games, so that definitely helped. However, population is still low, atm, and there might be a few unresolved bugs left. Annihilation Variant is definitely working, though, so have fun with that.

30 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

So please, just stop hosting servers for the moment until these issues have been addressed. You're not doing anyone a favour right now.

I do not think that this will help :D

P.S. Feel free to join me, guys, if I am in your friends list, until a situation does not change ;) I'm constantly on DM

9 minutes ago, -10no-KiWad said:

I do not think that this will help :D

P.S. Feel free to join me, guys, if I am in your friends list, until a situation does not change ;) I'm constantly on DM

Then I guess they should just disable Karma and the leaderboard permanently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Conclave is still broken after yesterdays update. I still can only join empty servers (tried 10 times) and when I host a server and someone connects to it, they are disconnected with following error message:

Discarding packet with invalid signature from x.x.x.x:4955

2 hours ago, ChillZi said:

Conclave is still broken after yesterdays update. I still can only join empty servers (tried 10 times) and when I host a server and someone connects to it, they are disconnected with following error message:

Discarding packet with invalid signature from x.x.x.x:4955

I got the impression that error message is nothing to worry about. It probably just means they disconnected on their own and any further data exchange is dropped.

However, after more than half a week where it was almost unplayable, it's no surprise people aren't trying to join any games. Probably just needs more time (and maybe some more adjustments, too).

3 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

I got the impression that error message is nothing to worry about. It probably just means they disconnected on their own and any further data exchange is dropped.

However, after more than half a week where it was almost unplayable, it's no surprise people aren't trying to join any games. Probably just needs more time (and maybe some more adjustments, too).

Nope I doubt that. The error message always appears after resources has been loaded and exactly 10 seconds after (I timed it) If it would have been done by the players who disconnect themselves, the timelimit at least should vary (but its always exactly 10 seconds after someone enters my server). But yeah I dont know what all these error messages mean anyway. They should give us a document that would be helpful.

But still, it cant be that no one is playing conclave. Otherwise how are people still getting karma points if nobody is playing.

Just saying that the hotfix from yesterday didnt fix that issue and it needs to be overlooked again. Tried to play conclave again (right now) and I never find somebody to play with.

4 minutes ago, ChillZi said:

Nope I doubt that. The error message always appears after resources has been loaded and exactly 10 seconds after (I timed it) If it would have been done by the players who disconnect themselves, the timelimit at least should vary (but its always exactly 10 seconds after someone enters my server). But yeah I dont know what all these error messages mean anyway. They should give us a document that would be helpful.

I've never been dropped after 10s from a dedicated server. Have you tried playing yourself or are you just hosting?

It should actually be testable if you can start your client, too. Your server would be selected as the best host, then send me an invite ingame and it should become clear.

4 minutes ago, ChillZi said:

But still, it cant be that no one is playing conclave. Otherwise how are people still getting karma points if nobody is playing.

Different regions. Also, I was able to play yesterday, but it's hard to get a game going.

On 2016-10-26 at 3:38 PM, ChillZi said:

Just saying that the hotfix from yesterday didnt fix that issue and it needs to be overlooked again. Tried to play conclave again (right now) and I never find somebody to play with.

Well I can't judge how what servers need to be hosted, thing is that most people are inpatient and don't know that you need to be in a server to get people joining that specific server.

I guess the lobby system still has to change, first make full lobby and then choose best server based on average information/stats.

Archived