Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Index Preview

[DE]Drew

7 hours ago, Virsalus said:

Funny for you to bring up Trump because you argue just like him. Instead of actually sticking to factual arguments you're trying to make fun of me to weaken my position. I will not waste any more time on you.

It's obvious you didn't look at my thread. ?

Hey DE!

While all of the content of the Index preview was amazing, I think that the enemies scale in level too fast. My squad and I (using very durable frames and powerful weapons) were easily one-shotted after 8 points banked. The enemies jumped from level 50 to level 252 within 10 minutes! Lowering the scaling would help players who don't have god-mode weapons enjoy the event more.

TL;DR

Amazing event, but the enemies scale in level too fast. Fixing it would help players enjoy it.

Thanks, DE, for yet another amazing update to the best sci-fi game ever!!! :D

8 hours ago, Deoxys_Speed.hack said:

Hey DE!

While all of the content of the Index preview was amazing, I think that the enemies scale in level too fast. My squad and I (using very durable frames and powerful weapons) were easily one-shotted after 8 points banked. The enemies jumped from level 50 to level 252 within 10 minutes! Lowering the scaling would help players who don't have god-mode weapons enjoy the event more.

TL;DR

Amazing event, but the enemies scale in level too fast. Fixing it would help players enjoy it.

Thanks, DE, for yet another amazing update to the best sci-fi game ever!!! :D

for the event it is an issue...but enemy scaling as a whole needs to be looked at (affinity NEEDS to be tied to enemy type AND LEVEL..not just enemy type like it is now)

4 hours ago, xcynderx said:

for the event it is an issue...but enemy scaling as a whole needs to be looked at (affinity NEEDS to be tied to enemy type AND LEVEL..not just enemy type like it is now)

Right! I hope it's fixed in time for TWW. It would make the game WAY more enjoyable!

The mod drop rates in this are simply ridiculous. How do you people come up with this? Someone thinking less favorably of you might suspect you of being sadists.

I am currently running Nekros with Desecrate to get those event mods and I'm not having a good experience. On average 75+ kills per run, often times several runs in a row will not reward a SINGLE mod.

Considering that most times that mods drop, it's the common ones and that this is a time restricted event, how the hell do you think this is supposed to be a fair chance for players to even get these mods? One would have to farm this for a great deal of the entire event time to have that chance. That can't be possibly what you intended, now can it??

Edited by Virsalus

For the Index's final release, maybe change things so that the mission is time-limited, rather than having a score limit? Make it so that banking points is what causes mods to drop, rather than killing enemies, and increase the bonuses past 10 for higher amounts? Right now, our alliance mostly just hangs around killing things with a cloud of green points floating around us; pretty much all of us are past 100 by the time we finally decide to drop them in the bank. If the focus is on the risk/reward of depositing points right away or waiting until you have a large amount, then depositing them then, why are the good rewards all drops?

ok, seeing as how the event is almost done, i might as well put in my two cents, so here goes:

•  first of all, i think that for the final implementation of the index, it should be put on a special node chain on neptune with each node being unlocked by clearing the previows one, you'd get an inbox message from darvo (just like the one we got for the event) when you get to neptune, which is turn would give you access to the first node; this message wouldn't be sent to those who got the current event's invitation though, to avoid redundancy
  • regarding loot, mod drops would be grabbed on kill with no pickup item, they'd also be shown to and count for the entire squad (like excavation rewards), this is so players can focus on playing the game instead of constantly scouting the entire map for any mods that may have dropped.
  • furthermore, the higher levels would have increased mod drop rates, i was thinking of making it so the second level has 50% chance of a second loot roll on kill and (if available) the endurance would have 2 guaranteed rolls; do note that this doesn't mean there'd be any guarantee a mod would drop in the first place, it'd just re-roll as if you had killed more than one enemy.
  • lastly (in order to balance out the above) no looting abilities would work on the index, this way there'd be a real reward for effort, the harder the mission, the better your chances at loot.