Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Index] General Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno!

This megathread will be used to house your feedback on The Index. We'd love to hear what you think of it! Please be constructive with your feedback (no dev bashing, no swearing, etc.), thank you! 

More information on The Index:

Spoiler

Fight against the Corpus Elite and wager your performance to earn rewards! From now until October 27 we’re looking for the best fighters to participate in the preview window of The Index.

Fight against the Corpus elite and wager your performance to earn new Mods and other rewards. You have 7 days to participate in The Index Preview – get ready! 

Game Mode Preview - Take on a team of brutal Corpus Champions in The Index, masterminded by profit seeker Nef Anyo. Place your Wagers, and compete for Profit and Glory, and let the Credits rain down! New Mods are also available as drops from the Corpus Champions.

Corpus Champions drop the following Mods:

Thermagnetic Shells (Detron)
Kinetic Ricochet (Tetra)
Medi-Pet Kit (Companion)
Shield Charger (Sentinel)
Static Discharge (Prova)
Pain Threshold (Exilus)

Find them to learn their function! 

Note that this is a Preview of The Index. Greater rewards, Clan Trophies and Leaderboards will come later when the full variant of The Index goes live. We welcome your constructive feedback so we can prepare a proper Operation on a polished version- enjoy!

If you wish to report bugs please follow these links:

The Index Bug Report Megathread

The Index Dedicated Servers Megathread

================

The Index Preview: Hotfix #3

Changes

• In an effort to reduce unfair competition within squads which could lead to griefing tactics, we have changed The Index Points required for each tier of Risk Investment wager to be 2/5/10.
  • Increased The Index score limit to be 60 Index Points.
  • Smoothed out frame-time spikes from Rhino Stomp; when surrounded by a lot of enemies it could end up adding 3-4ms on a very fast PC (this occurred once when cast and once to apply time-dilation). 
  • You can now purchase the Embolist Armor separately. 
  • Adjusted rotation and positioning of the Officium Syandana based on creator feedback.
  • Removed the smudge motion blur from Volt's Speed ability.
  • In an effort to fix inconsistent trade tax values, Amber and Cyan Stars now both have the same trade tax value of 2000 Credits, Ayatan Sculptures now have a base trade tax of 4000 Credits, plus 2000 Credits for each Star that is attached.
  • Heavily reduced the frequency on "broker has a lot of points"and "point dropped!" sound clips because they were playing far more than everything else combined in The Index.
  • The "Rally" voice clip now plays after 3 consecutive scorings to reduce excessive frequency in The Index.
  • All friendly Index Specters are now equipped with the Tetra (farewell Twin Heks!). 
  • Self-kills will no longer grant an Index Point for teammates to take. This was allowing players to trade self-kills and never attack enemies for points. 

=================

The Index Preview: Hotfix #4

The Index Changes & Fixes

• Trinity’s Energy Vampire now works on Azoth and Lockjaw in The Index. 
  • The Index buff/debuff points are now called Financial Stress.
    dYLoinT.jpg
  •  Reduced the damage of Lockjaw’s pet Sol to 5/10/15 (previously 20/20/50) in The Index.
  • Reduced the damage reduction by half on the Robotic Technology Division enemies in exchange for slightly toning down their Weakspot damage multipliers in The Index. 
  • Fixed friendly Mag Specter in The Index from damaging ally players with her Polarize ability.
  • Fixed timer discrepancy that can potentially occur when The Index ends directly from the enemy scoring, which made the timer freeze at the pre-time-drop instead of 0.
  • Fixed The Index Endurance mode scaling to be based off of enemy deaths, not player-scored Index points.
  • Fixed Client sound issues in The Index.
Edited by [DE]Danielle

Just played the 3000 index solo and to be honest I can see this won't be anything I will be playing now or the near future. The reason being I'm a four year veteran who has 11 million credits so there is really no practical reason for me to play it even for the mods since they are for weapons I don't normally use, though new players may see this as a way to make fast money. The other reason and once again this is a personal choice and opinion, I hate this type of PVP in general that's why I got involved with Warframe in the first place and to be honest technically speaking this is really not a new game mode it is simply Conclave re-skined just against bots.  

So, having played it a couple of times, I can't see much reason to continue once I get the preview's reward for 10 games.

The hardest difficulty offering a reward of 6000 credits simply isn't remotely worth it in a time-reward ratio.
Earlier today I ran 15 waves in Helene and came back with 20k credits and a whole bunch of levelled gear.
Likewise, people can run quick dark sector missions that end faster than Arena and come back with 20k credits for about 5 minutes work.

Don't get me wrong here I like the idea of this. It's an interesting new spin to gameplay and I quite enjoy it. But in a game like warframe there's always something to do, and I'm not entirely sure the credit reward will be engaging enough to keep players interested when they're already busy farming relics, opening relics, hunting down cards, grinding rep with factions, forma-ing their gear, doing sorties, unlocking the starmap, farming resources, etc.

I would say that the spawn rates for the enemies are really low. I want them to keep coming, like on Rathuum. I like the concept behind this. I just think that these guys need to be turned way up for gold tier. Obviously the credits would have to be turned way up too. I would also say that either the 50 kill limit for a team is too low on gold tier, or that the 20 index point requirement is too high because it's kind of hard to get 40% of the kills when the maps are big and everyone can shred the enemies this fast.

Well so far it isn't too bad, it's a bit more enjoyable than the original Rathuum but not by much. The rewards aren't the greatest but considering that it's a rather easy event (at the moment), they'll do. Hopefully it doesn't become a requirement for the planet's boss with a tedious points system like Rathuum.

As others have pointed out, it does get tougher as you beat each node. Further more, you've been playing this for 3 years...you're a veteran of warframe, this is something made for ALL players of warframe as is pretty much everything every made in warframe, anything made specifically to be "rewarding" for veteran's would have to be completely inaccessible by newbies and could still completely break something in the game balance wise. I mean we already have resource costs of frames(Lookin' at you vauban prime...) increasing because vets are sitting on stockpiles of resources...cmon now...

It is... pretty okay.

I am massively impressed with DE not resorting to nullifiers, but not having nullifiers just goes to show how easy corpus are as compared to Grineer. They need a buff, not sure how to do it exactly without being too artificial, but maybe a wee bit more EHP would be okay. IMO, a massive buff to shields and shield regeneration would make them different from regular ole' bullet sponge Grineer.

The bars of instant death NEED to be telegraphed. They just randomly pop up. Maybe have the bars start off thin for a second and deal no damage but then become more solid and insta-kill.

Also, you know the best way to force people out of solo? Make them dependent on AI team mates. I get that they want it to be team versus team but it was harder with the AI bots on my side because they kept dying and giving the other team points. Thank god I did not do my first solo run on "High Risk".

And my last bit of first impressions feedback is points. Hording points should have a bit more extreme relationship and capping at 10, while it makes sense, is annoying. I know DE wants to avoid instant win by hording, but this is supposed to be risk-vs-reward gameplay. Right now the "reward" is not really there, sure you get a few more points but running around with 10 points is extremely dangerous as compared to running around with 3.

Spoiler

Here is my go at it...
Gathered Index points. Bonus points

1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 1
  4. 1
  5. 2
  6. 3
  7. 4
  8. 6
  9. 8
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 13
  13. 15
  14. 17
  15. 18
  16. 20
  17. 23
  18. 26
  19. 28
  20. 30

As for the attacks of the Brokers, not bad DE... not bad. Telegraphed attacks, reasonable damage, and a general lack of rage inducing effects. The issue is that they die so fast they normally only get one volley off. This is honestly the highlight for me, DE did pretty darn good at designing these guys.

Edit: The credit rewards make no sense. You are always only getting 2x and a 6000 credit reward is not at all worth the time. It would be pretty cool to have the multiplier be "Risk" based, with low at 2x, medium at 3x and high at 4x. But then have you be able to put in up to say, 20,000 credits but the more credits you put in the more negative modifiers you have on you. Then of course make the negative modifiers per Tenno rather than squad wide.

That's all I can think of so far, what do you all think?

Edited by DrBorris

Well I'm suggesting this because a full party of 4 will not get you that personal point target points people KS and steal other players points Its really hard to do it if your gonna be ksed like that i'd suggest bump it to 100 cause its giving a lot of problems to certain players who actually want to do the HIGH RISK investment the out of /20 you basically have to run a private party with your friends if you're gonna do the HIGH RISK investment

I'm sure you've already gotten plenty of feedback and reports but if there's one thing that should be tweaked, it's the points. Maybe scale the required points depending on how many players are in the squad, and then no longer allowing a player with all 20 to put in any more points? a lot of the times not all players are able to reach 20 because 20x4 is 80, but there's only 50 points per round. Me and a couple friends already tried building up all 20 and then putting them in all at once but our health and shields go SO low, that we basically die waiting.I understand its just a preview and that the real thing will have less issues, but this is one that is definitely the largest. Aside from a few UI/HUD bugs that dont allow some players to see their correct Index Points count

Edit: the specters are a problem as well as they also ruin the plans of a 3 person squad, 2 people puting 40 points total in, and the last person getting it to 60 so all get the bonus profit. 

Edited by -MortisThorne-

So I'm pretty disappointed with this.... event? I'm going to try and let it settle a bit more before writing my full thoughts, but I found this quite upsetting.

lD0Sb3E.jpgsIEukCg.jpg

My Sacrifice emblem from Gravidus is the thing I'm proudest of in my account because it shows I wasn't afraid to fight a losing battle to support Corpus back then. I understand that all Event Rewards can and will return at some point, but I would think at least that the freaking Emblem would remain exclusive, just as proof that 'I was there'. Is nothing sacred? Bring back the Tethra's Doom Quantum emblem while you're at it.

The whole thing stinks of lazy, and because it's an old event and not many people supported Corpus back then, it was probably assumed not many would notice. Ugh. This thing is an abomination.

I am not a fan of teammates stealing my hard earned index points specifically when at the end of a mission I find out that I've done all the killing and got only 1 or 2 points while everyone else has around 16 to 18+ points. If it's gonna be like that you need to increase the point score cap. I've played about 20 games so far and I've rarely if ever broken over 20 index points so there's no real reward besides a chance at the new mods that drop. (Why play if your not going to make any money off the event?)

Playing a game with teammates is supposed to have your team working with you, not be super trolly and steal your points at the last minute. If the game type was simply to collect points and its given to the entire team I wouldn't be so upset about it, and the mission shouldn't penalize you for not meeting your personal goal. (Cool, double my credits if i get my personal score I get it. But if I don't meet it I get the "you tried" trophy and just get a refund on what I bet? I know the Corpus are greedy bastards but come on!)

54 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno!

This megathread will be used to house your feedback on The Index. We'd love to hear what you think of it! Please be constructive with your feedback (no dev bashing, no swearing, etc.), thank you! 

More information on The Index:

Reveal hidden contents

Fight against the Corpus Elite and wager your performance to earn rewards! From now until October 27 we’re looking for the best fighters to participate in the preview window of The Index.

Fight against the Corpus elite and wager your performance to earn new Mods and other rewards. You have 7 days to participate in The Index Preview – get ready! 

Game Mode Preview - Take on a team of brutal Corpus Champions in The Index, masterminded by profit seeker Nef Anyo. Place your Wagers, and compete for Profit and Glory, and let the Credits rain down! New Mods are also available as drops from the Corpus Champions.

Corpus Champions drop the following Mods:

Thermagnetic Shells (Detron)
Kinetic Ricochet (Tetra)
Medi-Pet Kit (Companion)
Shield Charger (Sentinel)
Static Discharge (Prova)
Pain Threshold (Exilus)

Find them to learn their function! 

Note that this is a Preview of The Index. Greater rewards, Clan Trophies and Leaderboards will come later when the full variant of The Index goes live. We welcome your constructive feedback so we can prepare a proper Operation on a polished version- enjoy!

If you wish to report bugs please follow these links:

The Index Bug Report Megathread

The Index Dedicated Servers Megathread

The energy drain is awful, not to mention that the energy pickups are so few and far between, and they only restore a few energy per pickup. The most use I've gotten out of my abilities in the 7 matches I've played was using Razorwing for a grand total of 2 seconds. Please change the energy drain, or at least have the pickups grant 100+ energy.

So I finished the 10 runs necessary for the rewards and I had quite a bit of fun with it. There a few things that I would like to point out though : 

- The required points for victory should be increased depending on the difficulty. 50 for easy , 75 for medium, 100 for hard. It would amp up the challenge a bit and give all the players the chance to complete their goal. 

- The spawn rates should be increased a bit and made so that the enemies won't spawn near a group of enemies only to be murdered a second later

- The green points should have a 3-5 second cooldown before others can pick it up. As it is at the moment it encourages stealing and leeching. I was in a group with 2 guys who had faster frames and would dash at the enemies right when I killed them to get the point. Since the game requires you to reach a certain goal of points in order to win the bet, such a practice could hurt honest players and benefit greedy ones. 

8 minutes ago, PhrozenPhyr said:

Complete 5 Index missions, and you'll unlock another index node. The highest risk mode there can give 35k credits profit.

To be fair that isn't immediately obvious. If it isn't obvious to me, a new player might bypass it completely if they don't feel it's worth their time to play it.
Somewhat different from my original feedback here, but still worth considering. That said, it IS only a preview and I do appreciate the end result may be different.

3 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

As others have pointed out, it does get tougher as you beat each node. Further more, you've been playing this for 3 years...you're a veteran of warframe, this is something made for ALL players of warframe as is pretty much everything every made in warframe, anything made specifically to be "rewarding" for veteran's would have to be completely inaccessible by newbies and could still completely break something in the game balance wise.

A lot of the players I see farming credits at a rate of 20k for 5 minutes in dark sectors are not veteran players. Some MR10 and below, and a few I suspect got taxi'd there.
All I'm asking here is to consider that the free to play model puts people into a mindset where what they do has to be as rewarding as it is fun. If there is a reward beyond pocket change, it isn't immediately obvious.

A couple of my friends have recently started playing, which is what got me back into the game. Even at MR4 one will joke on Skype that he's constantly low on money, and the other at MR9 is running him through the credit farm. Just because people are new doesn't mean they're willing to do something inefficiently.

With regards to your comment that vets sitting on stockpiles is causing price creep on content updates, I agree. And I don't like it either. I think the Sibear costing 30k cryotic is ridiculous and inaccessible for a weapon that's mastery fodder in my eyes, and Vauban Prime requiring a resource with a very low daily cap threshold on farming is a major pain in the backside.

However it's because of this that newbies are in some ways forced to play catch-up. You read the wiki and find out that Galatine Prime is "the best" sword in the game, so plenty of people will completely skip all other content to make their way to this supposed best weapon. but to get there they have to increase their mastery, level a whole bunch of stuff they don't enjoy using, farm resources to build all that mastery fodder, get credits, endo, etc.

It makes sense - this is after all an experience based RPG of sorts. Handing someone a 6 forma galatine prime with rare mods is like logging in for the first time in wow with a level 100 warlock with purple gear. You don't get end-game on day 1.

Regardless, that isn't going to stop them trying to cut through the shortest path to their desired end-game and that's going to mean skipping content completely that could otherwise be rewarding in its own way, while also being fun.

The having to collect green blobs that isnt team shared is pretty bad in my opinion, especially when everything else in the game basically is.

would be better to have it distribute to who did the most damage to the target, so people stealing/or accidental taking the green blob isnt a issue.

The enemies don't really feel very dangerous but that might just be me.(compared to the grineer version)

also the credit reward is kinda low, considering the time it takes for a match and the possibility of not getting enough green blobs which means a loss.

That being said it looks good is reasonably fun and more corpus characters is great.

Edited by wanderere