Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerfing Telos Boltace

Ziden_

I'm extremely displeased with the decision to nerf the Telos Boltace.  Instead, why not BUFF the other syndicate weaponry, hmm?  I see a thread on this forum "how to balance the telos boltace" but why should it be balanced?  Is the tonkor balanced?  Stop taking fun things away and just put in new fun things to use.

Every game that takes the nerf hammer to things people use and find enjoyable lose its player base pretty fast.  Consider ways to buff other weaponry or find out what people like about a weapon and add similar things to other weaponry.

Why is that a bad move?  Blizzard did it to much success, so I don't see why buffing things and bringing everything up to the highest level is wrong.  It may not fit your idea of how a game should be, but that is how successful game companies do things.

Its effect is unique because it's only on slide attacks.  Do you think that's where it'll stop or where it did stop?  They nerf things like hieracon and yet there are still plenty of bugs in the game to be worked on.  Those should take priority.  I don't see why people would complain about weapons and items being overpowered in a PvE game. 

And don't try to say Conclave makes this game a PvP game...

7 minutes ago, Ziden_ said:

I don't see why people would complain about weapons and items being overpowered in a PvE game. 

yes, cus balance is totally only for pvp games and has no place in pve   /s

balance is important BECAUSE it is pve, i honestly dont even want to know how people get the idea that balance is unimportant in pve...

1 minute ago, Rhekemi said:

For those of us who don't yet have the weapon and don't need to be misled, was the weapon nerfed or changed?

There is a difference.

No stats were altered thankfully, just needs to be wielded now to use it's effect like all other weapons. Seems more like a consistency chage which is fairly acceptable.

31 minutes ago, Ziden_ said:

I'm extremely displeased with the decision to nerf the Telos Boltace.  Instead, why not BUFF the other syndicate weaponry, hmm?

Did they alter the stats? Nope. Did the alter of how waves work? Nope. They just added that you actually have to equip the weapon to gain the benefit of the waves. And if that's a "nerf" then you're being lazy.

Also to buff everything is the easiest way to powercreep that this game already has ton of. Why should DE buff 5 other weapons instead of nerfing the obvious outlier? Does that seem like a round-a-bout way to balance things?

2 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

Did they alter the stats? Nope. Did the alter of how waves work? Nope. They just added that you actually have to equip the weapon to gain the benefit of the waves. And if that's a "nerf" then you're being lazy.

Also to buff everything is the easiest way to powercreep that this game already has ton of. Why should DE buff 5 other weapons instead of nerfing the obvious outlier? Does that seem like a round-a-bout way to balance things?

Yes, they did nerf the waves.  I've been using the Telos Boltace for three missions and it is now COMPLETELY different.  It has been drastically nerfed into oblivion.

Edit:  Who said anything about balanced?  Is enemy scaling balanced?  Nobody wants balance, people want to feel overpowered and destroy things.  Why have primed mods?  So that you can feel like your weaponry is balanced?  Come on, man.

Edited by Ziden_

14 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

For those of us who don't yet have the weapon and don't need to be misled, was the weapon nerfed or changed?

There is a difference.

It has been nerfed.  The waves which do the slashing proc do not go out as far (they're essentially your melee attack range now) and you also have to have the weapon equipped in order to proc the waves with slide attacks (before you could have a primary or secondary equipped and still proc it with a slide attack.)

20 minutes ago, RahuHordika said:

No stats were altered thankfully, just needs to be wielded now to use it's effect like all other weapons. Seems more like a consistency chage which is fairly acceptable.

It has been nerfed.  The waves which do the slashing proc do not go out as far (they're essentially your melee attack range now) and you also have to have the weapon equipped in order to proc the waves with slide attacks (before you could have a primary or secondary equipped and still proc it with a slide attack.)

These two replies conflict with each other.

Explain?

I'm reading consistent replies that state you now have to use the weapon, and even Ziden_ agrees now we have to use the weapon/have it equipped to proc its special mechanic.

But were the waves nerfed? Confirm, anyone? If so, that would be factually a nerf for all intents and purposes.

Having to keep the weapon equipped is how every Syndicate weapon has worked, though. When I want to proc a syndicate explosion on my Scattered Justice Hek or Vaykor Marelok or Rakta Ballistica, I have to have it equipped. That isn't a nerf, but making sure it is working as intended. You shouldn't be able to proc it if it isn't equipped and it shouldn't have shipped like that.

Now it's fixed.

Edited by Rhekemi

16 minutes ago, BeeOverlord said:

4tWDTkb.png

-no range decay

-almost as big of an aoe as boltace

-no need for maiming, its a crit weapon, get body count/blood rush.

-usable normally too

TELL

NO

ONE

DE's COMIN' FOR YA! Hahaha

Yes, they did nerf the waves.  I've been using the Telos Boltace for three missions and it is now COMPLETELY different.  It has been drastically nerfed into oblivion.

The bring numbers to support your argument because as far as i've seen and used the weapon works the same way it has before. Now i just have to equip it to use the waves

3 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

The bring numbers to support your argument because as far as i've seen and used the weapon works the same way it has before. Now i just have to equip it to use the waves

How can you say that the waves are not affected when it's very very very obvious the waves that cause slash procs (not the bolts) go a fraction of the distance that they used to.  I cannot confirm or deny any type of damage manipulation, but the range has been drastically altered.

4 minutes ago, Ziden_ said:

Are you serious?  Like, did you really just say that some people care about balance in a PvE video game with explosive weapons, primed mods, and various other items that make a warframe and/or weapon IMBALANCED!?  Oh my, sir you have the wrong game if you're looking for balance.  Do you really think people put "balance" before "fun and decimation" in their video games?

Look at Blizzard for source material.  They allowed everyone to be overpowered and made content for it.  People loved them for it and left the game happy that they were able to stomp things.  There is no such thing as balance in video games.  Balance is a myth.

Lol what? I don't even.

People do want balance, who the heck are you to say otherwise?

In every nerf thread and in every buff thread you'll see people who want balance. 

''Do you really think people put "balance" before "fun and decimation" in their video games?''

Yes, I think know there are people who put balance > fun decimation. Because for them balanced content is fun.

7 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Lol what? I don't even.

People do want balance, who the heck are you to say otherwise?

In every nerf thread and in every buff thread you'll see people who want balance. 

''Do you really think people put "balance" before "fun and decimation" in their video games?''

Yes, I think know there are people who put balance > fun decimation. Because for them balanced content is fun.

Level 115 scorches and Corrupted Bombers are balanced?  Primed mods are balanced?  You've totally lost me with this balance talk...  I've never seen any balance in this game, and the Telos was far from being "game-breaking."  I didn't see anyone go into a sortie and 1 shot anything with it.  By all means, post on your forums, keep asking that things that don't suit your play-style be changed.  You're the type of people that ruin the game for the majority of us who don't come on these forums moaning about things we dislike.  We play the game and use stuff that's fun.  We don't go out of our way to ask for changes to suit our style.

Edit:  Also, is Trinity balanced? Perhaps we need a nerf EV Trinity thread.  God, there probably already is one.  Furthermore, is resonance Banshee balanced? The list goes on and on and on and on.

Edited by Ziden_

1 minute ago, Ziden_ said:

Level 115 scorches and Corrupted Bombers are balanced?  Primed mods are balanced?  You've totally lost me with this balance talk...  I've never seen any balance in this game, and the Telos was far from being "game-breaking."  I didn't see anyone go into a sortie and 1 shot anything with it.  By all means, post on your forums, keep asking that things that don't suit your play-style be changed.  You're the type of people that ruin the game for the majority of us who don't come on these forums moaning about things we dislike.  We play the game and use stuff that's fun.  We don't go out of our way to ask for changes to suit our style.

I'm sorry, I don't see how you could have misread my post.

Where did I say the game was balanced, hmm?

Never. I said people want balance.

''We don't go out of our way to ask for changes to suit our style.''

1 hour ago, Ziden_ said:

Consider ways to buff other weaponry or find out what people like about a weapon and add similar things to other weaponry.

I mean, blow me up and call me a giddy goat but it really really does look like you're asking for a change to suit your style.

But you would never do that, because you just said you didn't.

All of the syndicate weapons should have been buffed to match the Telos Boltace. A large majority of them are terrible compared to the rest of the syndicate weapons and feel super underwhelming.

The Telos Boltace are not game breaking in any way, shape or form. There was no reason for any form of nerf what-so-ever. It's a fun weapon that also happens to be really effective against enemies, that should be no excuse to cripple it. It also hampers the utility aspect of the telos boltace which was the ability to break sensor doors and crates in a wide radius very quickly.

Edited by Gsterman