Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Index Preview: Hotfix #1

[DE]Megan

The Index Preview: Hotfix #1

Changes

• Improved dedicated server geographic matchmaking precision.

Fixes

• Fixed Chat linking the Caustacyst causing a crash.
  • Fixed attaining free health by channeling as enemies pass through the Caustacyst goo with Life Strike equipped. Also fixes similar issue with the Zenistar. 
  • Fixed for pickup sounds not playing for clients in The Index.
  • Fixed a crash in Survival missions. 
  • Fixed the placeholder Index Badge appearing as a reward. It has new art now, not re-used Gradivus Dilemma art. 
  • Fixed Limbo being able to damage enemies while remaining invincible in the Rift with the Caustacyst or the Zenistar charge attack. 
  • Fixed the Shield Charger Mod applying its unranked bonus shield amount even when ranked up.

unknown.png

Reiteration of last post:

Firstly, now that the Sentinels have all been looked at again, I believe a little more can be done - first of all, Kubrows and Kavats should get the Vacuum treatment, just to level the playing field - now, I wasn't clear in my last post, which led to a few comments stating that companions should not have Vacuum. What I really meant was that they should have a similar mechanic. An idea I had was the Kubrows and Kavats could have a vacuum mod allowing resources to float to them, which they routinely deposit near to our player character. This brings more use to them frantically running around, and gives us more of a reason to pay attention to them as they dash about.

Also, Djinn and Dethcube should have the cooldown on their abilities reduced. 
Dethcube and Djinn currently have a 30 second cooldown on their abilities, which is slightly too high for Djinn, and crippling for Dethcube - if Djinn was brought down to 20 seconds, and Dethcube to 5 both would be massively viable and competative. Heck, I only mention Djinn as I love it so much, currently it is potent anyway.

Secondly, I still believe that Guides are not visible enough to the players who need to know that we are there to assist - currently the armour and sigil mean nothing to the playerbase it is meant to indicate to, this is noticed from no lower level players I have assisted in mission asking about the armour, the sigil, or knowing what the point of them was. Perhaps a profile indication, or an in-game link we can provide to easily show players we are there to assist would help players know where to look for help. [Guide of the Lotus] with a description of our duties would be of benefit here.

Thirdly, perhaps some love for the Machetes? WIth the new Gazal one (which is a beautiful weapon by the way) it might be time to start helping them out. The current stance is too janky with the animations, clunky at best and downright irritating at worst. Something more akin to a sword stance with more sidewards, sweeping blows perhaps would be perfect - with a dashing forward downward slice.

Edited by Orthelius

11 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Limbo being able to damage enemies while remaining invincible in the Rift with the Caustacyst or the Zenistar charge attack. 

10 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed attaining free health by channeling as enemies pass through the Caustacyst goo with Life Strike equipped. Also fixes similar issue with the Zenistar. 

RIP

Edited by infamouscycle

It's good to see DE employees are willing to stay at work late to make important bug fixes

Is the Telos Boltace AOE slide attack not working in the Index intended?

Oops I missed the nerf to the weapon in the previous patch which I really dislike

Edited by Andrew7811
added bug

Just now, Bazools said:

So concerning the new armour bundle... can't we get the armour bundle without the weapons!? Was this a bug or intended? Thanks

Yes, you can. Just use the search feature in The Store for 'Embolist' and you'll see it.

They always put the big bundle up on the front page of the store for some reason. I couldn't imagine why.

3 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Yes, you can. Just use the search feature in The Store for 'Embolist' and you'll see it.

They always put the big bundle up on the front page of the store for some reason. I couldn't imagine why.

Thanks man... didn't rememeber to to that search. Thank u for the tip

6 minutes ago, Andrew7811 said:

It's good to see DE employees are willing to stay at work late to make important bug fixes

Is the Telos Boltace AOE slide attack not working in the Index intended?

they removed slide effects when you don't have your meele selected, which in my honest opinion is a really stupid nerf for a weapon that was perfectly fine as it was.

not sure if its just me but on the topic of this patch it seems to have messed up the ayatan treasure quest. i finished mine and i go to install the stars for it and BEHOLD its not there, as if it wasnt bad enough that i had to go and try to do the quest again but BEHOLD i cant go again. has this happened to anyone since this patch?

30 minutes ago, Orthelius said:

unknown.png

Reiteration of last post:

Firstly, now that the Sentinels have all been looked at again, I believe a little more can be done - first of all, Kubrows and Kavats should get the Vacuum treatment, just to level the playing field - now, I wasn't clear in my last post, which led to a few comments stating that companions should not have Vacuum. What I really meant was that they should have a similar mechanic. An idea I had was the Kubrows and Kavats could have a vacuum mod allowing resources to float to them, which they routinely deposit near to our player character. This brings more use to them frantically running around, and gives us more of a reason to pay attention to them as they dash about.

Also, Djinn and Dethcube should have the cooldown on their abilities reduced. 
Dethcube and Djinn currently have a 30 second cooldown on their abilities, which is slightly too high for Djinn, and crippling for Dethcube - if Djinn was brought down to 20 seconds, and Dethcube to 5 both would be massively viable and competative. Heck, I only mention Djinn as I love it so much, currently it is potent anyway.

Secondly, I still believe that Guides are not visible enough to the players who need to know that we are there to assist - currently the armour and sigil mean nothing to the playerbase it is meant to indicate to, this is noticed from no lower level players I have assisted in mission asking about the armour, the sigil, or knowing what the point of them was. Perhaps a profile indication, or an in-game link we can provide to easily show players we are there to assist would help players know where to look for help. [Guide of the Lotus] with a description of our duties would be of benefit here.

Thirdly, perhaps some love for the Machetes? WIth the new Gazal one (which is a beautiful weapon by the way) it might be time to start helping them out. The current stance is too janky with the animations, clunky at best and downright irritating at worst. Something more akin to a sword stance with more sidewards, sweeping blows perhaps would be perfect - with a dashing forward downward slice.

Spamming much? 

You also posted this on the Index preview tonight. 

Not trying to be rude but this is getting annoying especially since you seam to enjoy being the first poster on every thread DE posts.

Edited by Stoner74