Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

T. Boltace: quality of life Nerfed

Harloq

5 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

This isn't just directed at you:

I wish you people would quit strawmanning with this.

The only time anyone addresses the "low level" point is when it's brought up as an absurd, "you're only mad because low level missions are easy with it." They neglect to mention that a good portion of the arguments, if not all, for nerfing the T.Boltace were made by people who used it in higher level missions, including Sorties, and discovered its power and utility to be ridiculous.

But nope, gotta make myself feel good and superior by making some, "oh your poor easy mode missions," quip.

well, I rarely ever used it outside of easily breaking containers for ayatan farming and I'm not particularly mad about the change. it's just doesn't make sense, slide attacks don't need the weapon equipped. and the 'you're playing low mission' in a lot of times is true, especially for some of the dps frames *cough* ember *cough*, so chill : P  

I don't really like the change when I hunt for Simaris targets since the slide effect doesn't trigger while a scanner is equipped. And even for Syndicate missions I more often than not use the Ignis again though having the TBoltace as a melee. Beside, there are other melees like the Atterax which are far superior to the TBoltace...

One thing I wonder about: Are the credit drops incresed during a quick melee attack of the Secura Lecta? All other Syndicate weapons now need to be eqipped for their passives to trigger...

13 hours ago, tsoa said:

One thing I wonder about: Are the credit drops incresed during a quick melee attack of the Secura Lecta? All other Syndicate weapons now need to be eqipped for their passives to trigger...

Triggered.

Next thing you know people'll realize that the Secura Lecta's passive to increase melee finisher attack animation speed works in quick melee, like anyone cares.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Next thing you know people'll realize that the Secura Lecta's passive to increase melee finisher attack animation speed works in quick melee, like anyone cares.

Nobody cares about the SLecta since it doesn't at least guarantee credit drops on death. But now we have an inconsistency: Melee attributes that are available in quick melee doesn't trigger the passive in some of the weapon's cases. But imho DE made a bad choice in the beginning: Channelling and blocking doesn't work in quick melee whereas spinning and killing does. I would have given all weapons 2 passives: One available in quick melee and both if you hold the weapon.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Triggered.

And that should be changed to be forced to have it equipped, regardless of how underused Secura Lecta is. The problem is that nobody disrupts the flow of gameplay for everyone else with the S.Lecta like they do with the T.Boltace so DE hasn't noticed in order to do anything about it.

Just now, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

the reason was it was not performing as intended. the super spin move was intended to pop when the T.Boltace was out. that's how it is for every other Syndicate weapon. why should this one be any different?

To be honest, they all suck. Besides, all this just marginalizes quick meleeing.

4 hours ago, DALOS said:

To be honest, they all suck. Besides, all this just marginalizes quick meleeing.

They marginalized Quick melee when they silently took Quick Blocking out into the back of the shed.

+1 if anyone here remembers quick block.

17 minutes ago, achromos said:

They marginalized Quick melee when they silently took Quick Blocking out into the back of the shed.

Why did they remove it ? it sound awesome (unless it just like quick melee, my though was "ok if quick at this time I won't take too much damage" a little like genji less send back the bullets,with a cd related to the speed of your melee weapon like 50% of it)

Edited by Soketsu

6 minutes ago, Soketsu said:

Why did they remove it ? it sound awesome (unless it just like quick melee, my though was "ok if quick at this time I won't take too much damage" a little like genji less send back the bullets,with a cd related to the speed of your melee weapon like 50% of it)

No idea, I really liked Quick blocking while it lasted.  it would be intuitive even if it allowed you to reduce incoming damage by 85%, or block staggers if you react quick enough. 

2 hours ago, achromos said:

No idea, I really liked Quick blocking while it lasted.  it would be intuitive even if it allowed you to reduce incoming damage by 85%, or block staggers if you react quick enough. 

It would also make enemies that you counter with blocking actually matter, since having to switch to melee to block defeats the purpose of reacting to them.

6 hours ago, achromos said:

Let's not forget the fact that you can't charge unless your using a gunblade or throwing weapon in Quick Melee.