Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angry about the Index Event

Doc-Orange

Hello,

I really fight with myself to use calm words about the new Index event. The only real enemy are the other Tennos. There is a constant run and steal for kills and index points. I thought WF is a game about cooperation against enemies not against other Tennos????

So my feedback is a very negative one. I won't play the event ever when it's not absolutly necessary.

I came back after a short break because of boredom and the lack of endgame. Now you lost me again.

A phrase like "preview" doesn't excuse this. I play for fun. I started in a very good mood and ended in frustration. Not because of my or others performance. It's because some game design decisions. The players are competitors about loot and points. In my personal opinions this is against the core mechanic of the game - cooperation. This is why it's named PvE and not PvP.

It was so easy to avoid this. Share points and loot as in the other parts of the game. When they changed the core mechanic in such a way I think this must be intentionally. So they have to face my and others feedback.

http://steamcharts.com/app/230410

When DE wants to test/preview something perhaps they should establish a test server, but this was announced as a normal update and integrated in the game.

Edited by Doc-Orange

3 minutes ago, shadowfire380 said:

Or you could just solo it like everyone else

You describe exactly my problem. In fact I did it at some point. I loved WF because of the team character of the game. I loved to play with a clan or randoms. I loved to interact with people. I don't want to play solo. For playing solo there are much better games.

Just now, luthsiwi said:

clearly you do not understand the concept, emotion, art for interpret behind the content

Perhaps you are right. I don't understand to change a good game so much and I don't mean the index only. But perhaps I'm not the only one as you see on the Steam charts. And yes, I know not everybody plays with Steam but it's a good indicator.

Have to agree here. The point of this event/new game type seems to be steal as many points from other players as possible. Had 18 kills only 5 Index points but a guy who had only 2 kills had 20+points on the final stat screen. I do not enjoy trying to steal from others and absolutely hate being stolen from. Was/is that the intent of this mode?

32 minutes ago, Doc-Orange said:

A phrase like "preview" doesn't excuse this.

48 minutes ago, Doc-Orange said:

I won't play the event ever when it's not absolutly necessary.

Though I can understand the sentiment and frustration, by the very concept and definition of preview, you are going in well aware that it's no where near where they want it to be. That is completely on you, not them. No event ever forces you play it. It's an event. To "participate" by choice.

Anyway, since we're on the same page now, just as a heads up there was a hot hotfix to alleviate the problem reducing the personal score to 2, 5, and 10 respectively. Sure you're going to have a few overly-competitive people, and it can suck sometimes, but at the end of the day this is how some people (well, alot of people) are hardwired, no amount of changes and restrictions to this game mode will change that.

Lastly, this isn't what I would constitute "feedback", in a traditional sense. Okie, we get it and understand, it's frustrating. What are you're ideas (if you have any) that you propose they could consider to help solve this problem? Is there any specific change, or is it more broader than that?

I'm only asking this because there is absolutely a conversation to be had here, but I don't want your overall topic to be locked/deleted because as of now it's tip-toeing in the "rage/rant" kind of post. Not that I think it is, but I can see others thinking otherwise.

But again, they are tweaking this as they see fit.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Index Preview: Hotfix #3

Changes

• In an effort to reduce unfair competition within squads which could lead to griefing tactics, we have changed The Index Points required for each tier of Risk Investment wager to be 2/5/10.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

4 minutes ago, Doc-Orange said:

The general problem of competion against cooperation is not solved with reducing the numbers.

Do you think maybe 4 players is too much? 2 or 3 could be a bit more interesting similar to what they did during the summer with Lunaro which did in fact help the more selfish players to cooperating much more efficiently.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

A good change in my opinion would be to make it so that upon a kill you (as the killer) would be the only Tenno that can pick up the Index point dropped. Only upon your death could other Tenno steal your Index points. This would fix all of the issues I have with the Index in it's current state while maintaining the ability for others to rob their teammates.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc

2 hours ago, shadowfire380 said:

Or you could just solo it like everyone else

This should not be the answer to a serious teamwork issue in a PvE, Coop game. 

PvE as you know, means player versus enemy, not versus other players. And coop means cooperative, where you work with other players. 

An event should not be designed so frustratingly that it becomes a cutthroat player against player, to the point where most people feel the need to just run solo. That is poor design in a game designed to be cooperative, see what I am saying? 

I'm not saying going solo isn't a useful interim solution, but that's all it should be. The long term solution should be for DE to make the event more cooperative, and less about being cutthroat toward your teammates (basically ksing). 

Gamemode what forces people to play solo - is surely means failure. Still, you can make party with friends to coordinate with them and control your goal achievement. Is not the best option, but cheese always has much better taste than salt.

Warframe PUG experience always was rather bad, and Index confirms it pretty good.