Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cyen/Xiaodenden's Art Folder: Logical Kins (updated 6/11)

xiaodenden

On 6/1/2017 at 4:59 PM, (PS4)ExetSM said:

Looks more like Shaku Prime! This is amazing, awesome work! <3

Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comments. :3

05272017_bansheecomicfin.jpg

My third guest art for Trashframe over at tumblr.  The ask was "(just a conversation me and me friend were havinga week ago while farming) What if banshee's energy could be charged by how loud you could yell and for who long. Like, three screeeee for sweet , sweet silence, then really loud reeeee for sound quake."  I couldn't answer with a single image so I made a comic strip.  The whole "screeeee" made me think of the bird that was shown in recent dev streams so I just had to add it to the comic.  No idea what are the proper colors for the bird so I took a bit of an artist license.

You can see larger individual panels as well as my process and wip over at my tumblr.

I'm hoping I can get one more art (comic) done before my month long break from art and online games, but we'll see.

06092017hearts.jpg

Nyx and Nezha :heart::heart:

One of our favorite sorties combos, especially for sortie defense missions.  Team tank, support, and crowd control!  Husband uses Nyx Prime and not regular Nyx, but I'm lazy at drawing all her blings.  Holy cow, her immortal skin is hard to draw but that's what he likes so...

I made this to show my appreciation for all the people following me over at tumblr, and thank you as well for checking out my drawings here or elsewhere.  <3

This will probably be my last finished piece until next month because I won't have access to my computer and drawing tablet until then.  While I'm hoping I can draw in my sketchbook, most likely I won't be able to post completed drawings until after I come back.

On 12.6.2017. at 7:42 AM, xiaodenden said:

06092017hearts.jpg

Nyx and Nezha :heart::heart:

One of our favorite sorties combos, especially for sortie defense missions.  Team tank, support, and crowd control!  Husband uses Nyx Prime and not regular Nyx, but I'm lazy at drawing all her blings.  Holy cow, her immortal skin is hard to draw but that's what he likes so...

I made this to show my appreciation for all the people following me over at tumblr, and thank you as well for checking out my drawings here or elsewhere.  <3

This will probably be my last finished piece until next month because I won't have access to my computer and drawing tablet until then.  While I'm hoping I can draw in my sketchbook, most likely I won't be able to post completed drawings until after I come back.

Just wanted to drop by here and say congratz one more time. You really deserved it and I hope you will develop as an artist even more. Go with your own flow and you will reach stars!

I saw the upcoming Nezha piece on Tumblr and I am just amazed with amout of details you have there. It's so well done that it almost looks like captura ;w;

Take your time, don't rush anything, we will be patiently waiting for you! Have a nice trip!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 3:00 AM, Anavi_Ivy said:

Just wanted to drop by here and say congratz one more time. You really deserved it and I hope you will develop as an artist even more. Go with your own flow and you will reach stars!

I saw the upcoming Nezha piece on Tumblr and I am just amazed with amout of details you have there. It's so well done that it almost looks like captura ;w;

Take your time, don't rush anything, we will be patiently waiting for you! Have a nice trip!

Aw shucks, thanks again! It means a lot coming from you. :3 I hope you will become the artist that you want to be and reach the stars as well.

So glad you like the wip.  I can't wait to get back that piece. I probably will pick it apart now that I haven't touched it for weeks, haha. I'm bad with simplifying so might as well go crazy with details. ;)

So..... I am still on my trip but I don't want the thread to disappear into the Void again. As predicted, I haven't gotten much time to draw but have a sketch I am working on. Planning to do it as a black and white ink drawing.

https://twitter.com/studiocyen/status/882217127637385216

1 hour ago, xiaodenden said:

Aw shucks, thanks again! It means a lot coming from you. :3 I hope you will become the artist that you want to be and reach the stars as well.

So glad you like the wip.  I can't wait to get back that piece. I probably will pick it apart now that I haven't touched it for weeks, haha. I'm bad with simplifying so might as well go crazy with details. ;)

So..... I am still on my trip but I don't want the thread to disappear into the Void again. As predicted, I haven't gotten much time to draw but have a sketch I am working on. Planning to do it as a black and white ink drawing.

https://twitter.com/studiocyen/status/882217127637385216

Oooh, is it something Operator-related? Somehow it reminds me of the scene from Second Dream. Ink drawings are rather interesting, so I can't wait to see it finished!

Edited by Anavi_Ivy

• 2 weeks later...

Back from my trip and I have access to my computer and tablet (yay).  I also finally got to play Chains of Harrow.  I'm still recovering from my jet lag, but I hope I can post something new within the next two weeks.  *fingers crossed*  I have a lot of WIPs so expect more WF fan arts soon though I admit I'm currently distracted by Breath of the Wild.  Love the open world exploration, which is also why I'm so excited about Plains of Eidolon.

On 7/5/2017 at 11:29 PM, Anavi_Ivy said:

Oooh, is it something Operator-related? Somehow it reminds me of the scene from Second Dream. Ink drawings are rather interesting, so I can't wait to see it finished!

Not quite though now that you mention it, it does look like something from Second Dream.  ;) I got distracted and haven't done much, but I'm hoping to get this piece done sooner rather than later.  I miss doing ink drawings so this will be fun.

Time to resume art posting.  :D  Thank you for your patience!

I said I was going to paint a helmet over the Nezha Unmasked pic a while back. I was hoping to finish repainting before my trip, but I underestimated how much time it would take.  Oops.

nezhacirca.jpg

Circa Nezha (Yeah, yeah, I'm so original with the title)

I tried inverting the greens and reds, but I didn't like the result so I kept the original color scheme.  His head is slightly tilted as if he's looking inquisitively at the audience.  It's kind of fun noticing some of the details on the Circa helmet while drawing.

As an aside, I like the ribbons on the original helmet so much more because they're so flowy and expressive.

Not sure which drawing or comic I want to finish next, but please do keep an eye on this thread.  :)  

On 7/24/2017 at 9:45 PM, xiaodenden said:

Time to resume art posting.  :D  Thank you for your patience!

I said I was going to paint a helmet over the Nezha Unmasked pic a while back. I was hoping to finish repainting before my trip, but I underestimated how much time it would take.  Oops.

nezhacirca.jpg

Circa Nezha (Yeah, yeah, I'm so original with the title)

I tried inverting the greens and reds, but I didn't like the result so I kept the original color scheme.  His head is slightly tilted as if he's looking inquisitively at the audience.  It's kind of fun noticing some of the details on the Circa helmet while drawing.

As an aside, I like the ribbons on the original helmet so much more because they're so flowy and expressive.

Not sure which drawing or comic I want to finish next, but please do keep an eye on this thread.  :)  

Was about to commend you on yor helmet choice but then you praised the default. 

1 hour ago, Slendy-Broseph said:

Was about to commend you on yor helmet choice but then you praised the default. 

I like the default one more than Circa, but beggars can't be choosers.  I just wish that Nezha has more alternative helmets.  Some of the newer frames have more than one alternative helmets so why not Nezha?  T_T

As much as I like the default helmet, I already did a portrait with that helmet in same perspective so I didn't want to repeat myself with this pic.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry no new updates in the past weeks.  I was feeling rather lousy about my Warframe stuff so I switched gears and did something else.  Plus, it's been a very busy period for me so I have very little time to draw.  I'm hoping my next completed work will be WF related....  For now, have a preview of what's to come:

tumblr_ouaqssgMuQ1qgwr82o1_400.jpg

My friends and followers of my tumblr should have seen this already.  In other news I hit Day 600 about a week ago.  I immediately fully leveled my shiny Primed Shred and stuck it on my Supra Vandal for maximum pew pew pew. :heart:

• 1 month later...

Still on my semi hiatus from WF stuff...  I feel less in the dumps about doing WF fan arts, but now I'm busy with making Halloween costumes and dealing with real life obligations.  I'm planning to doodle daily but I won't have time to complete big cg projects.  T_T  Anyway, I just whipped this up to illustrate an ask that I received in tumblr. 

tumblr_inline_owpmogKexQ1qfzh01_540.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I made a post showing my WF-related Inktober drawings over at the official Inktober thread, but I might as well add them to my own art thread.  

Divided

DLRmy4ZVwAAmX2N.jpg:large

This is how I feel recently about my favorite games.  Experimenting with four-head proportion.  I like how Volt still looks relatively normal even with this proportion.

Long

tumblr_oxcinoFZKD1qgwr82o1_540.jpg

This is what popped up in my head when I saw the prompt.  Don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

I will try my best to get as many drawings done for Inktober so wish me luck!  You can see my other Inktober pics over at my tumblr and twitter.

Another piece for Inktober.  This prompt is "run."  I was going to draw my fav frames Volt and Nezha racing, but I thought Chinaframes would be kind of fun to draw.  Wukong doing his classic pose though I didn't bother with his staff.

tumblr_oxoyw1gBXr1qgwr82o1_r1_1280.jpg

Oh, according to my forum profile, yesterday was my third year WF anniversary though I'm pretty sure this account was created a month before that.

Edited by xiaodenden

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2017 at 4:46 PM, CrazyValkyr said:

Always loving to see your art, and this thread doesn't even contain every-awesome piece you create! =D

Yikes, I completely forgot to reply to you and it's been over two weeks.  T_T  Thanks, dear, you and my other WF pals are what keep me going.  :heart:

Again, I neglected my poor art thread. Good news is I think I got out of my Warframe art slump, so I'm ready to draw again.  I don't think my brain can handle the crazy details of Warframes yet, but I'm in the mood drawing operators so expect some pics soon.  Here's a sketch I did a few days ago of our operators.  Apologies to those who already saw this pic elsewhere.

Spoiler

tumblr_oz6m8dHihN1qgwr82o1_1280.jpg

Until I can post some finished pieces, have a spinning crawler!

tumblr_ozc5z65Rno1qgwr82o1_1280.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I finished coloring my sketch of the operators but I'm waiting for CrazyValkyr to finish her colored version before I post my version (I'm also working on a version that actually has a background XD).  For now, have two sketches of more operators.  :D  

tumblr_p066ylqogn1qgwr82o1_400.jpg tumblr_p066ylqogn1qgwr82o2_400.jpg

CrazyValkyr's girl Kai on the left and Viquey's boy Saif on the right.  I just wanted to draw Kai in her more normal mood and Saif as a haughty looking pretty boy in fur coat.

• Like 1

Being very productive in the past week or so.  :D  A gift for @CalamityDeath of their operator Glow and Orokin grub/pet thingie.  This was considered a quick painting but it still took me a few hours to do.  I tried a coloring technique of laying down purple shading before applying other colors.  Not quite sure if it was successful, but I'm glad I experimented a bit.

tumblr_p0onqsn7qk1qgwr82o1_1280.jpg

Here's another reclamation balloon:

tumblr_inline_p0u6samAmJ1qfzh01_540.jpg

It's half the size of the balloon I posted previously.  This is part of a much larger painting that I finished today, but I'm still waiting before I can post it.

Coming up, a winter themed pic and more drawings of operators.  Feel lazy about tackling all the details on Warframes lately.

12122017_operatorsbgsm.jpg

Rendezvous in Cetus 

An anniversary present for SO.  :3  The accessories were inspired by Kavat fairy set (Saraba armor), and I wouldn't mind if our operators or frames can get similar decorative bits.  As for the background, it's my favorite spot in Cetus.  It's so pretty and even romantic~~~ though probably like the rest of Cetus it wouldn't smell very nice considering what's the main industry in Cetus.  Plus, they look like a bunch of hobos, and with the water outside being so contaminated I doubt they bathe regularly. Well, maybe they can wash themselves more now that it's almost always raining... Oh, not to mention Fisher Hai-Luk's shop is right at below this balcony.  :crylaugh:

Larger version as well as me blathering on about this piece can be found on my deviantart page.

• 2 weeks later...

I played the latest mini quest a few days ago and now I have a bunch of questions that need to answered.  I posted my first pic in a new thread because I don't want to spoil those poor souls who haven't done the quest.  I'll post more drawings related to the quest in the new thread as I finish them...

I'm still drawing but I'm slow at finishing the various piece I'm working on not to mention I've been distracted by Star Wars.  Here's a preview of something I'm working on:

tumblr_p192ryhdEF1qgwr82o1_500.jpg