Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cyen/Xiaodenden's Art Folder: Logical Kins (updated 6/11)

xiaodenden

On 1/2/2018 at 4:27 PM, CrazyValkyr said:

That's so cute.... <333 :)

Thank you~  <3  Been in the mood to draw cutesy pics lately.  :D

I finished another WF pic earlier this week but it's about Apostasy Prologue so I'm not posting it on this thread, but those who are curious can find it easily on my tumblr

Here's a fun little thing that @Viquey and I came up during our chat on Discord--Warframe as described by emoticons/emoji/smilies (or whatever word you kids are using these days).

tumblr_p00ksqI4jx1qgwr82o1_1280.jpg

Care to figure these out?  :D

Here is my try:

Spoiler

1. Hydroid

2. Volt

3. Ember

4. Frost

5. Rhino

6. Nezha

7. Equinox

8. Ivara

9. Oberon

10. Titania

11. Harrow

12. Chroma

13. Zephyr

14. Mirage

15. Ash (alt. Excal)

16. Valkyr

17. Wukong

18. Saryn

19. Trinity (no idea why tho)

20. Octavia

21. Nidus

22. Nova

23. Inaros

24. Atlas

25. Excalibur (alt. Ash)

26. Limbo

27. Mesa

28. Banshee

29. Nekros

30. Loki

31. Vauban

32. Nyx

33. Mag

Bonus:

Spoiler

1. Worm queen

2. Ordis

3. Simaris

6. Rell?

7.Silvana?

On 1/5/2018 at 9:19 AM, Fox7000 said:

Here is my try:

Hide contents

11 is Loki

15. Ash (alt. Excal) ->Valkyr

16. Valkyr -> Khora 

19. Trinity (no idea why tho) -> Gara

25. Excalibur (alt. Ash) -> Ash

30 is Excalibur

Bonus:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Worm queen

2. Ordis

3. Simaris

6. Rell?

7.Silvana?

Nicely done!  You got the majority of the frames right!

Oh, seeing your answers reminded me that we never made one for Harrow.  I'll have to correct that later.  We should also do more of the NPC characters.  Rell would be a good one!

Answer to bonus because for some reason I can't add to your spoiler for the bonus section.

Spoiler

4. Operators

5. Bugframe

don't expect people to get 6 and 7 because they're favorite frames of Visquey and me.

6. Visquey's Loki

7. My Nezha

Thanks for playing! :D

A bit of work in progress.  Husband's operator, but after I did this sketch, he changed the operator's clothes and colors when I asked him why his operator keeps wearing the Maduka suit.  The thing is I like the look of and love drawing the Maduka suit because it's so flowy, and I don't mind that he wears that outfit.  T_T  Well, I'm not going to change this drawing, ha!  Not sure when I'll get to color because I have other things that are more time sensitive (like more pics/comics for the Apostasy Prologue), but I hope I can get this done before March.

01052018_boyop.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/16/2018 at 2:55 PM, GaiusCaster said:

The sketch is looking lovely! And dude, I love your linework, especially on pieces like the one with Nidus and his heels, and the Pacifism comic. Wonderful work! ALSO your Nezhas, both unmasked and fully armored, are gorgeously rendered!

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, and coming from another artist it really made me even more happy.  I love the pieces you posted on the forum a few weeks ago and I really should follow you over at tumblr so I can keep an eye on more of your works, Warframe or not.  ;)

Ok, not to spam the forum I might as well post a drawing while I'm here.  XD

11092017_operatorsfin1000.jpg

Anticipation

Something from November 2017, but this is what the drawing was before it became Rendezvous in Cetus.  Our operators but, unlike my usual stuff which I like to stick to as close to the in game model/design, this time I played with their outfits and accessories.

I'm kind of sad that I haven't posted that many new pieces in January so far, but I have been drawing and I'll post some of them later.  With February coming, expect a Valentine's Day themed 4-koma comic (that I started last year and got lazy and not finish it XD) and I hope I can draw and post a Lunar New Year piece as well.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

tumblr_p3kdmiQWY41qgwr82o1_r1_1280.jpg

My attempt at chibi.  :D  Just a bit of fun on the side before I get back to my current drawing.  I'll color these later so we can use them as our new profile pics.

I can imagine these as stickers as well! owo
Extremely cute and catchy!

• Like 1

On 2/4/2018 at 6:59 AM, Anavi_Ivy said:

I can imagine these as stickers as well! owo
Extremely cute and catchy!

Ooooooh, I didn't think of that!  I love that idea!  And thank you :3  I can't wait to draw your bb Volt in chibi form soon <3

After a month long break from this sketch, I'm back to tackling this piece.  I feel this is going to be a tough one to color but I'll give it my best! *flex arm*

tumblr_p3qjt7qM9p1qgwr82o1_1280.jpg

I have a couple newly finished pieces to show in the next few days/weeks so watch this space, lol.  Viquey and I also made an updated version of the emoticon game so I'll post it here soontm

• Like 1

As promised, new stuff!

02032018_chibiopsfin.jpg

I decided I needed a new user profile so I made one for myself and one for SO.   He volunteered to use the boy operator chibi as his steam user profile without me prompting/forcing him.  XD  I said to him one of these days I need to do a proper picture of his Excal and he wanted a chibi version so I guess now I know what he's getting for his birthday.  

It's fun working in this style so expect more chibi later between bigger projects?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oops, apparently there are a couple of finished drawings that I forgot to add to this thread.  I'll slowly add them here in the next few days/week, but one can always find the latest stuff over at my tumblr

02102018_lurefinlg.jpg

https://studiocyen.tumblr.com/post/170795848078/when-i-first-saw-the-new-eidolon-lure-i-just-knew

When I first saw the new Eidolon lure, I knew I had to draw it because it's so cuuuuuute!  I got got carried away with the color and the background, but the figures need a context and I'm pretty happy with how the pic turned out.

• Like 1

tumblr_p4zvtu69vg1qgwr82o1_1280.jpg

Just a <5 min sketch in an attempt to loosen my inking.  Annnnd, I just realized I forgot to add her somatic link. 

I realized that I've been drawing a lot of our operators in the last half a year or so.  Hopefully I'll get back to drawing Warframes soonTM, but it's absolutely exhausting trying to catch details on the frames and people don't seem to appreciate that and I might as well draw what I want/like.  ^^;

02142018_vday4koma2.jpg

https://studiocyen.tumblr.com/post/171376761123/i-started-drawing-this-a-year-ago-when-i-was

Took me a whole year to do this.  I was inspired by the email Ordis sent us after the Conclave event from last year.  I had the comic thumb nailed and penciled but I gave up because I didn't finish it before last year's Valentine's Day.  I came back to this a week before this year's Valentine's Day.  SO gave me an idea for a follow up 4-koma so I'll work on that soon.  Hopefully it's not going to take another year to do that one, ha.

Can operators eat?  Do chocolates still exist (I assume no and cocoa plants already went extinct by that time)?

Edited by xiaodenden
added a link
  • Like 1

livcom_webversion.jpg

Commission for a lovely couple over at Twitter who asked for a picture of their operators.  It was a lot of fun working on this piece and I've learned quite a few things drawing this.  I also feel it's an improvement over a similar piece I did earlier last year.

https://studiocyen.tumblr.com/post/171612708171/studiocyen-a-commission-done-for-nyxiria-as-a

• Like 1

03072018_excalbop.jpg

Boy and his Blob Excalibur

I guess now chibi boy operator isn't lonely anymore, ha.  Birthday present for SO.  I didn't have time to finish what I wanted to draw so this was the next best thing.  You can see the version of just Excal over at my twitter page: 

I'm working on several things at the moment (even drawings of frames and NPCs! *gasp*).  Hopefully I can post at least one new thing later this week, and for now here's a wip of one of the things I'm working on:

DYENAAjVQAAUJGL.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

12192017_snowfin.jpg

Do you want to build a snowman?  XD

A much belated answer to an ask on tumblr because I'm easily distracted and I got waaaaaaaay too carried away when working on this piece.  It's funny Helminth Charger wips were more popular than this finished drawing.  I guess there are plenty of fans of the noodle dog?  I suppose it's a follow up to this other pic (Operator at Rest) I did last year.

link to my tumblr post, but to be honest, the image here is better quality: https://studiocyen.tumblr.com/post/172167778178

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

03282018_gopflowerfin4.jpg

Now I celebrate spring for real with a spring-themed pic.  My girl operator wearing some flowers from Earth as well as some butterflies.  It started as a study for a Breath of the Wild fanart I'm working on but I got carried away.  Those Moonlight Dragonlilies were kind of a pain to draw because of the weird perspectives, not to mention the lack of proper references.  The butterflies, on the other hand, were a lot of fun to draw.  I was lucky to find one species whose male has the same color combo as SO's operator and I took a bit of an artistic license for the female butterfly.

Tumblr link: https://studiocyen.tumblr.com/post/172550578513/my-girl-operator-wearing-some-flowers-from-earth

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Even though I haven't updated this thread lately, I've been pretty productive art-wise.  I even finished a couple of pieces but I'll have to wait before I post them.  For now have a lineart/wip of my SO's operator in Zariman suit. 

05202018_bopzariman.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

sarahsarynnovasigred.jpg

A commission of my client's (sorry, I don't know their ign) Saryn Prime in Napellus skin and DKDiamantes' Stalker's Little Sister.  There are two versions.  Second version with black metallic bits is truer to DKDiamantes' in game Nova, but I like the one with the red metal a bit more.  For those who are curious, you can see both pieces on my site as well as my process.

https://studiocyen.tumblr.com/post/174129798684/commission-for-sarahtsang21-over-at-twitter-its
https://studiocyen.tumblr.com/post/174225372118/as-much-as-i-like-the-final-version-its-a-bit

More art coming soon.  🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...