Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cyen/Xiaodenden's Art Folder: Logical Kins (updated 6/11)

xiaodenden

As of August 16, you can now find merchandise featuring my design (as well as other round 2 designs by other artists) at For Fans By Fans: https://www.forfansbyfans.com/fandom/fandom-warframe.html

Welcome to my Nezha appreciation station Warframe fan art and comic thread. My previous art threads vanished into the Void because I didn't have too much time to finish drawings.  While I still don't have that much free time, I've been feeling more motivated to draw so hopefully I'll get a few more pieces done this time if I'm not too busy fishing in PoE. 

I noticed that this thread turned one year old last October.  Happy Birthday, Thread!  I hope it'll survive another year... Oooh, my thread is now TWO years old~  Happy Birthday, Thread!  Again, I hope it'll survive another year.  ^^;

I'm extremely inconsistent with updating this thread so if you want to see more finished pieces that are posted regularly, check out my tumblr and twitter.  I also have wips, screenshots, and non-WF related art (mostly commissions) there.

Completed Works
6/11/2019 - Boon and Roky repping for the Ventkids (button design)
4/30/2019 - Ostron goodies
3/22/2019 - Myxini Nidus 
2/22/2019 - Raindow Dashcalibur 
1/23/2019
- Cheesecake - sweet tooth
1/9/2019 - Yeehaw - chibi operator Saif with Stover
12/20/2018 - Sweet Tooth - chibi operator Bob with treats
10/10/2018 - Inktober Day 8 (Star) - Vaya Ayatan Sculpture
10/3/2018 - Inktober Day 3 (Roasted) - Sargas Ruk
10/2/2018 - Inktober Day 2 (Tranquil) - my operator Bob with lotus flowers
10/1/2018 - Inktober Day 1 - my operator Rosella
9/8/2018 - Portrait of Boy Operator - You should think I would have come up with a decent name after 6+ months working on it. Nope!
8/20/2018 - Alternative to Gun-Play  (Technically from May...)
8/14/2018 - Go Forth~ - chibi operator Solen with Armagolin 
8/3/2018 - Sassy Selfie 
7/25/2018 - Virminx Kisses - Using Megan's reply as the title of this piece ❤️
7/11/2018 - Operators on Hoverboards when?
6/26/2018The Aponystacy Prologue  
5/28/2018 - Toxic Queen and Stalker's Little Sister - chibi commission
4/3/2018 - Flowers and Butterflies 
3/26/2018 - Snowman? - Nezha, Girl Operator, and a bunch of animals ❤️
3/15/2018 - Lotus Mama with Baby Excal and Megan's Valkyr Prime - Celebrating PT#200
3/12/2018 - A Boy and his Excalibur
3/8/2018 - Happy Couple - commission 
3/6/2018 - Secret Admirer? - A Valentine's Day 4-koma comic:heart: (technically from 2/28)
2/28/2018 - Lures as Pets? y/y (Technically it was done around 2/10 but I forgot to post it here)
2/16/2018 - Happy Lunar New Year!
2/9/2018 - Operators Chibi
1/24/2018 - Anticipation
1/5/2018 - Guess that Frame! New and expanded version coming soon!
1/2/2018 - Happy New Year!
12/27/2017 - ***SPOILER*** What We Learned from Apostasy Prologue ****SPOILER of course****
12/20/2017 - Rendezvous in Cetus
12/12/2017 - Kiss! - gift art
12/6/2017 - Two sketches of Friends' Operators - is it considered done if I don't intend to color it?  XD
10/12/2017 - Inktober prompt Run featuring Nezha and Wukong
10/5/2017 - two Inktober pieces featuring Volt and Hydroid
9/23/2017 - Operator Behind a Wall - quick ink sketch
7/24/2017 - Circa Nezha
6/12/2017 - Nyx and Nezha :inlove: *
6/6/2017 - The Not So Silent Banshee - a comic
6/1/2017 - Excal's Rainbow - an animated gif
5/24/2017 - Nezha Unmasked
5/9/2017 - Harka Frost and Tyl Regor sorta a comic
5/4/2017 - Bunny!Nezha Captura for Captura the Moment - sorry, not art, just a screenshot
4/24/2107 - A Portrait in Black and Red 
4/16/2017 - The Pacifism Defect - a comic
4/10/2017 - Nidus' Heels Give Me Heal *
3/31/2017 - Leetohk for The Best Defense
3/24/2017 - Selfie with Titania for Warframe Collab
3/15/2017 - Lil Ancient Healer Angel *
3/8/2017 - John Prodman on Bear Phorid Rug
2/27/2017 - Operators with Lunar Pitchers
2/16/2017 - Nezha Valentenno Card (digital card)
1/28/2017 - Operators at Rest 
1/18/2017 - Snowday Showdown: Operator Style (2 versions) *
12/5/2016 - Nezha Portrait (12/18 - flat color version and my process)
11/29/2016 Nezha's Universe Ring
11/4/2016Volt Riding Cat - Chibi Version *

Latest Piece

tumblr_pqcrih8Z2H1qgwr82o1_1280.jpg

Featured

08142018_boyopfin.jpg

Alternative to Gun-Play https://community.forfansbyfans.com/profile/767699/STUDIO-CYEN
tumblr_p814akUrI01qgwr82o1_1280.png

Toxic Queen and Stalker's Little Sister - commissionsarahsarynnovasigred.jpg

Circa Nezha (7/24/2017)
nezhacirca.jpg

The Pacifism Defect (4/16/2017)
04162017_tpd.jpg

Snowday Showdown: Operator Style v1 (1/18/2017)
01152017fin.jpg

The Huntress and Her Companions
bfkPUiB.jpg
For the (2016) Codex Art Contest 3.0.  You can see the finished piece in game now. :3

Finished Pieces from Previous Art Junk Threads

Spoiler

For the Not Just For Clem comic contest
Let's Get This Firework Started

Spoiler

fireworks_fin2.jpg

Clan Emblem 
Volt Riding a Cat for @Luixls's clan Cat Riders Feat Tenno

Spoiler

voltcat3outline.jpg
voltcat3bwoutline.png
I thought his idea was so much fun that I volunteered to make an emblem for him.

For the 2015 Baking with Lotus contest.  I made a Lotus-themed jelly roll cake

For the Codex Art Contest 2.0 (2015)
The Journey Ahead

Work in Progress

Tea for Two (6/11/28) - don't know if I want to color it.
Zariman Operator (5/20/18)
Volt Prime (4/23/18) - finished
Valentine's Day 4-koma (2/14/2018) - finished
Chibi operators (2/3/18) - finished
Boy Operator sketch (1/11/18) - updated (2/7/18) - again (3/12) *update*
Operators sketch (11/13/17) - finished 12/20
Operators Portrait (2/2/17) - finished 2/27
Operators at Rest (1/11/17) - finished 1/28
Nezha cosplayer portrait sketch - No way whatever is in the suit isn't corrupted and twisted, but it's not stopping me drawing a normal looking dude. XD  - lol, can't believe I finished this (5/24/2017)
Nezha Portrait (10/22) - finished 12/5
Finished Excalibur and Volt lineart - but not colored
Mag sketch
Mag portrait sketch - My first warframe ❤️  
Excalibur portrait sketch - My very first WF fanart.  I won't bother to color this, but I do want to do a proper Excal portrait in the future.

Edited by xiaodenden
Boon and Roky
  • Like 3

On 10/24/2016 at 5:40 AM, Denny2669 said:

Awesome!

Oh, you were expecting feedback? Sorry, too lazy for that XD.

Thanks!  Feedbacks are always welcome but not necessary.  I completely understand about not leaving a feedback.  I'm lazy for that as well. XD

On 10/25/2016 at 4:56 AM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i enjoy this art style, maybe comics to come?

Thanks so much.  You have sharp eyes; yes, this is my style for drawing comics and I'm in the process of coming up with a couple strips.  :D

9 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

Thanks!  Feedbacks are always welcome but not necessary.  I completely understand about not leaving a feedback.  I'm lazy for that as well. XD

Thanks so much.  You have sharp eyes; yes, this is my style for drawing comics and I'm in the process of coming up with a couple strips.  :D

cool :D !

i think our styles could cross well, let me know if you ever want to colab ^. ^

On 10/27/2016 at 0:16 AM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

cool :D !

i think our styles could cross well, let me know if you ever want to colab ^. ^

Sure, love to do a collaboration with you one of these days.  Just give me a holler if you get a chance. :) 

I've been learning and playing with some new programs this week so I haven't gotten a chance to do too much art this week.  All I've done is adding flat coloring to my Nezha portrait.  More to come later in the week (I hope!).

Spoiler

nezhawip.jpg

15 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

Sure, love to do a collaboration with you one of these days.  Just give me a holler if you get a chance. :) 

I've been learning and playing with some new programs this week so I haven't gotten a chance to do too much art this week.  All I've done is adding flat coloring to my Nezha portrait.  More to come later in the week (I hope!).

Hide contents

nezhawip.jpg

loving those  details ! 

sure thing, let me know if anything sparks your interest im open currently to new projects ;D

• 3 weeks later...

I've been working on the Nezha for what seems like weeks now but I'm still not close to being done.  For now, here's a bit of what I have so far. Hopefully I can get it done soon (tm) so I can move on to the next fanart I have in mind.  I'm itching to draw my operator.

tumblr_ogqqgts2gr1qgwr82o1_540.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

10212016nezhaportrait.jpg

Click on spoiler get a close up look of his head and right hand.

Spoiler

10212016headdetail2.jpg

Wow, I just realized it took me more than a month to color this piece.  More like 1+ month on lineart and flat coloring and 2-3 days on shading.  I wasn't even planning to do shading because initially I was planning to go with more graphic look.  I'll probably post the flat coloring version as well as my wips later.

Every step of this drawing was painful.  Like all frames, Nezha has a lot of details so it took a lot of time trying to get all those bits down.  I was kicking myself when I decided to draw Hikou Prime instead of something easy like Despair or OG Hikou, but it turned out ok in the end.  After I drew the Universe Ring and then reshaped it to fit the portrait, I realized that the design was reversed so I had to go back and refit the flipped ring to the portrait.  Good thing the ring was done separately.  The ribbons were the only thing easy to draw. I changed the placement of the ribbon to make it look more like the way Red Armillary Sash wraps around original Nezha's shoulders.

Coming up, Operators and then portrait of Volt or Excalibur or comics?  *shrugs*

18 hours ago, (XB1)DeluxeKnight831 said:

That Nezha piece makes me most 

tumblr_ohr36k1ATE1qgwr82o1_r2_1280.jpg

8 hours ago, Anavi_Ivy said:

Omg, that is amazing. The amount of details and movement you have here is stunning!

Thanks so much for your comment~  I'm glad you like it. :)

Edited by xiaodenden

18 hours ago, [DE]Skree said:

An impressive body of work in here!

Level of intricacy in Huntress and her Companions is eyecandy! <3

Aw shucks, thank you so much.  I really appreciate the kind words especially coming from a DE designer.  :3  The art direction is what drew me into Warframe in the first place.  I want to show my appreciation for WF through fan art as well as challenge myself to draw something different from my own mundane stuff.  I love all the intricate details in the frames, the weapons, the enemies, and the levels, and I hope to capture some of that in my drawings.

If you have any request, let me know! :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2017 at 1:38 AM, (PS4)SI-SF said:

Aw, this adorable. Hope to see this completed! nwn

On 1/12/2017 at 7:17 AM, Anavi_Ivy said:

It's so cute owo
It will be intresting to see it colored!

Thanks for stopping by!  I'm glad it looks cute to you.  As much as I love cute stuff, my ability to draw cute is no where near where I wanted.  XD  

Companion piece to Operators at Rest, which I still need to color.  I think it would have been more fun if we got to run around as our operators for Snowday Showdown.

01152017fin.jpg 

Larger version here.

Unless you flip the image upside down, it's kind of hard to see the boy operator so I threw this together at the last minute.

snowballkidsv2.jpg

Going to finish up the other operators pic and then I think I'll work on my 4-panel comic.

• 2 weeks later...

01112017fin.jpg

Operators at Rest

Companion piece to Snowday Showdown.  Our Operators warming themselves up with some tea.  Can one even find tea in WF universe?  Do the Operators even eat or drink?    

Line art done with Micron pen on paper and colors done in Clip Studio Paint.  

I guess I'm in the mood to draw Operators (I really, really want to color the scars on my SO's Operator), but I got more drawings in the pipeline, including Titania (and maybe Oberon?!).

02012017.jpg

Planning to do a series of Warframe + flowers portraits, but I might as well start with this one.  I don't think I'll go with lotus for this one because that's saved for Nezha (since he's the Third Lotus Prince and all).  I think Lunar Pitcher would work just fine because :spoilers:.  Anyway, this is just a work in progress.  Hopefully it won't take me a month plus to get this done.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the image I did for the Valentenno Card contest.  You can see the inside and mock up of my submission at the contest thread.

LI6sbNl.jpg

Process under the spoiler:

Spoiler

nezhaflower_process.gif

The line art was done on paper and pen.  I fixed up parts of the line art digitally before coloring it in Clip Studio Paint.  Background was done digitally as well though I did a bunch of thumbnails on scrap papers before proceeding.  The line art took the most time to do. 

Edited by xiaodenden