Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cyen/Xiaodenden's Art Folder: Logical Kins (updated 6/11)

xiaodenden

On 2/27/2017 at 10:38 PM, CrazyValkyr said:

There's a lot of awesome work there. My hat is off to you. I wish I had half of your artistic skillage. =D Hoping to see more of your work! :)

Aww, thank you for your kind words. I think you're a lovely artist, and I hope to see more of your work as well! :3

03022017_fin.jpg

I haven't attempted to get a John Prodman poster in game yet so I made a pin-up myself.  :D  This was for @MartianJellyfish whose art is always fun and a delight to look at. <3

For the lineart I was experimenting with some new drawing pens.  I like the line variation more than the lines from my Micron pens, but I will still keep my Micron pens because they're great for fine details.  Coloring was done in Clip Studio Paint and Photoshop for final adjustments.

I'm working on a picture related to the current event though I draw too slowly so by the time I finish the event will be over.  T_T  Also working on a portrait of @CrazyValkyr's Operator among other things.

1 hour ago, BAD.DOG said:

中国人吗

台灣人在國外生活

1 hour ago, CrazyValkyr said:

That Prodman picture is hilariously funny. Loving it. :)

Thank for your comments here and there.  :)  I'll say it again, but I love your drawing of our Operators.  I'll finishing my drawing of your Operator after my more time-sensitive stuff, if I can pull myself away from the computer.  XD

It's my turn to draw something for the big fan art collaboration so I don't think I'll be able to post anything significant for the next week or two.  I'm also in the middle of drawing CrazyValkyr's Operator as well as a little comic so expect those after the fan art collab.

For now, have a little Ancient Healer angel thingie

lilancient.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my contribution to KatarinaElf's Warframe Collab.  I call my piece "Selfie with Titania."

03202017fin_wfcollab.jpg

(larger version)

Titania should be a lot smaller canon-wise, but, hey, I’m taking artistic license!!  Heh.  It’s fun to draw Titania because you can do quite a bit with the size differences. I played with Titania's proportion and simplified her design a bit, but the changes didn't look drastic in the end. For this drawing I went with a more cartoony shading style for my Operator because this line art is pretty cartoony. Looks a bit like some cheesy cg thing from early 2000s.  Yes, I abused the heck out of the butterfly brush in CSP.  Line art done with ink and paper, coloring with CSP.

I got two time sensitive pieces to do this week and then I will finish my drawing of CrazyValkyr's Operator.  

• Like 1

My submission for The Best Defense contest. I wasn't even planning to submit anything for the contest because my stuff is never good enough, but my husband and I were talking about how we need more weapons the send Grineers into space, I came up with this nunchaku.  Since I figure there's zero chance that it'll win, I might as well had a bit of fun with it especially in the description.  

KKSviMo.jpg

Name: Leetohk
Faction: Grineer
Grip Type: Nunchaku

Description: A Grinner-based nunchaku developed for the Tenno Space Program that sends involuntary Grineers and other hostiles into space. Originally a Grineer mining tool armed with explosive charges, the Leetohk has been appropriated by the Tenno for their cause.  This nunchaku's innate Blast damage and its relatively high base status make it ideal for crowd control. Handle with care--this is a blast to use.

Coming up, finishing CrazyValkyr's Operator pic and a belated comic about The Pacifism Defect.  I also completed a Nidus drawing but I'll post that later, maybe next week.

1 hour ago, xiaodenden said:

My submission for The Best Defense contest. I wasn't even planning to submit anything for the contest because my stuff is never good enough, but my husband and I were talking about how we need more weapons the send Grineers into space, I came up with this nunchaku.  Since I figure there's zero chance that it'll win, I might as well had a bit of fun with it especially in the description.  

KKSviMo.jpg

Coming up, finishing CrazyValkyr's Operator pic and a belated comic about The Pacifism Defect.  I also completed a Nidus drawing but I'll post that later, maybe next week.

sounds like a blast to use 

03292017fin.jpg

Nidus' Heels Give Me Heal

This was a guest art for Trashframe's tumblr.  The ask was "NIdus' heels give me life" but I changed it a bit because I'm a pleb and I like puns.   I gave myself a headache drawing Nidus in his mutation form, but he just wouldn't look as good or excited if I didn't.  I had Nidus defeat a Kuva Guardian because how one gets the Broken Scepter is a TWW spoiler. 

Line art done with ink and paper, coloring with CSP.

More WF drawings coming, hopefully this week if not next week!

• Like 1

04162017_tpd.jpg

A very belated comic about The Pacifism Defect.  It was inspired by our first attempt at round 3 with random players.  Our later attempts with other random players were much better/fun, but that wouldn't have been a fun comic to draw.  I wrote about the experience elsewhere, but here I just want to distill our frustration into two panels.  The cute Ancient Healer angel that I posted earlier was from this comic.  I made those Kavor Defectors cuter than they actually are and I think I'm done drawing Infested for now, haha.

Lineart done with ink and paper and coloring in CSP.

The last time I did a Warframe related comic was the Clem and Twin Grakata one.  I have more in the pipeline, but I'm sloooooow so it might be a while before I post more.

Edited by xiaodenden
more notes

• 2 weeks later...

04182017_crazyvalkyr.jpg

My part of a rather impromptu art trade with @CrazyValkyr who drew an awesome drawing of my Operator and her Operator back in March.  I finally got around to finish this pic after other more pressing matters were taken care of.  I didn't draw the hood because that would have covered up her neck, shoulder, and a big chunk of her head, and I really wanted to practice shading neck and shoulder area. Sorry it took so long, CrazyValkyr!! 

Already started to see some mistakes.  Maybe I'll go back and fix them later.

Coming up, drawing of Frost and a comic strip featuring Nezha among other things.

On 4/16/2017 at 2:50 PM, xiaodenden said:

04162017_tpd.jpg

A very belated comic about The Pacifism Defect.  It was inspired by our first attempt at round 3 with random players.  Our later attempts with other random players were much better/fun, but that wouldn't have been a fun comic to draw.  I wrote about the experience elsewhere, but here I just want to distill our frustration into two panels.  The cute Ancient Healer angel that I posted earlier was from this comic.  I made those Kavor Defectors cuter than they actually are and I think I'm done drawing Infested for now, haha.

Lineart done with ink and paper and coloring in CSP.

The last time I did a Warframe related comic was the Clem and Twin Grakata one.  I have more in the pipeline, but I'm sloooooow so it might be a while before I post more.

Even the infested crawler is facepalming. Granted, that hand is permanently stuck there...

On 4/24/2017 at 5:44 PM, CrazyValkyr said:

Loving it. I love your coloring/shading style a lot - looking forward to seeing more of your art. :3

As always thanks for your support!!  We should collab/do art trade again another time. :D

23 hours ago, Slendy-Broseph said:

Even the infested crawler is facepalming. Granted, that hand is permanently stuck there...

Haha, the permanent face palming is exactly why I chose the crawler hovering over Vauban.  Even the Infested are disappointed with Excal, lol.  Glad you noticed it, and thanks for stopping by. :)

Woo! 1000th post!  I've spent way too much time in Warframe and in this forum.  :crylaugh:

I did another guest art for Trashframe's tumblr ask but I'll post that in this thread later.  For now have a screenshot done in Captura mode--my contest entry.

xiaodendencaptura.jpg

I have a huge backlog and wips in various stages of completion so expect more art and comic SOONTM.

frostntylregor1.jpg

frostntylregor2.jpg

This was a guest art for Trashframe's tumblr ask which was "Pssst.... Frost Bara skin is Bara-luscious It's.. UN-BARA-BLY bara //slapped for pun."  Couldn't draw anything resembling sexy to save my life but I wanted to draw Harka Frost's aaaaabbbbbssssss.  I imagine Frost taking off his coat because he was working out in the gym and then went to shower or something.  Tyl Regor was there because he seems like a gym enthusiast.  I got lazy with drawing backgrounds so these pics have no context what so ever. 

• 2 weeks later...

nezhaunmasked.jpg

Nezha Unmasked (with Prisma Shaku)

I know it's completely non-canon, but I did the original sketch over a year ago and I wanted to practice drawing faces and had this lying around.  I might repaint this later and put his helmet back on though that requires me to sketch the helmet first, HAHA.

Even before The Second Dream, SO and I never thought that there would be an unchanged person in the frame.  In fact SO’s pet theory was that it was an infested mess with its head cut off so the frame would be more easily controlled.  He thought all the weird helmets that a normal head couldn’t possibly fit supports his theory.  I'd love to see more lore and find out what Warframes are in the future.

You can see the process under the spoiler.  The base sketch had a lot of problems so I took long breaks between each attempt at tackling the drawing.  I also was in the process of learning to use Clip Studio Paint.

Spoiler

11052016wip_nezhaunmasked1.gif

Planning to get an ask and a comic strip done before my month long break from art.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2017 at 7:28 PM, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

Nezha is my favorite frame and this is absolutely beautiful

Thanks, dude, that really means a lot to me.  I'm always happy to meet other fellow players who appreciate Nezha.  There are dozens of us!  Dozens!  I can go on and on about why he's my favorite frame all day but I'll spare you the pain.  

tumblr_op9goixx2i1qgwr82o1_400.jpg

Seriously, replies like yours encourage me keep on drawing more WF stuff (and of course more of our favorite frame) so thanks! :heart:

On 5/29/2017 at 0:08 AM, Anavi_Ivy said:

It's just majestic. The amount of details you have on each work is really amazing! Love it!

Thank you so much! :) Coming from someone whose art I like means quite a lot to me.  :3 

I made this last week, but I didn't want to post it so soon after my previous pic.  Anyway, here it is.  My first Warframe animated gif.  

rainbowexcal_fixed.gif

Someone mentioned they like my drawings because of the bright colors, and this is what popped up in my mind.  X3 Me and my nonsensical thinking

@CrazyValkyr lamented not enough Valkyr so I'll add her later.  >:D