Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon "Drop" Button

Endless_Destruction

Sometimes a weapon's reload speed is just a bit too long for me to survive. So, I switch to another weapon, but then the holster speed gets in the way. I would like a weapon "drop" button, so that my currently equipped weapon drops to the floor beneath me, and the time it takes to switch weapons is cut in half, since I only have to deal with the new weapon's unholster animation, not the holster animation for the old weapon. After I am done killing things, I could pick up my dropped weapon.

Or just increase weapon switching speed. Dropping and picking up our weapons again is an inconvenient workaround. So if we happen to move after dropping, we have to go and find it again? What if we want to switch in midair and the weapon drops where it's difficult to pick up? 

There's no scenario where weapon dropping would offer any advantage over an equivalently sped up weapon switching. Hell, it's barely better than the current slow switching. At least I don't have to backtrack a couple tiles to get my weapon back. 

Sure, there are mods for this, and there is the obvious solution of just having a flat increase in holster speed. However, each solution has its deficiencies. For instance, mods to fix this uses up valuable mod slots, which I would rather be using to boost power instead of adding what really should be in place already. Flat speed increases are great, but some weapons are more "difficult" to holster than others, such as dual weapons and giant melees. They just take longer to holster, so I proposed a "to hell with it!" button, dispensing with the holster animation entirely.

This was just an idea of mine, simply wanted to throw this out there.