The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcanes need a buff

xXx_mtv_xXx

Most arcanes are useless, and even the good ones need to be stacked 10 times in order to be of any significant use. Yeah, good luck getting 10x arcane grace when it's such a rare drop. Meanwhile, people are selling them for 150+ plat per single arcane lol. No wonder raids are so unpopular. We have mods and weapons that are a lot more effective than 10x arcane grace.

DE pls buff arcanes, give us a good reason to play raids.

they are meant to be rare, just like focus is meant to not be maxed in a day or 2. this is their idea of 'endgame', at least their old idea. tbh only SOME need a buff, but arcanes like avenger, grace, energize...etc, these are fine. I don't personally use arcanes, but a lot do and the affect shows. whether them being useless or not (at least the stronger ones) is personal opinion. plus not everyone have a slot for these mods and weapons  

i can agree with this, however I'd also like to see a lot of the arcanes removed, their effects are negligable or could be could be combined into other arcanes, plus the arcane pool is too huge, any hope of getting the actually useful, beneficial arcanes or atleast arcanes to sell is futile.

I don't know about arcanes needing a buff, per se. They are alright and encourage grinding.

The problem is that they are the final reward in a raid and stand a decent chance of being garbage because of the loot system.

Untradeable weapon BP(s) or choice of weapon part components (tradeable) for weapon variants that only drop in the raid would have been a good start to decent enough swag to encourage me to run them.

As it stands, my luck is terrible so the arcane reward setup is a no-go for me. 

1 hour ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Meanwhile, people are selling them for 150+ plat per single arcane lol. No wonder raids are so unpopular.

derp

Raids are largely unpopular because they are largely unpopular, and by extension means low supply of Arcanes, and by extension means high trading prices.
you've got it completely backwards.

53 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

Tbh only SOME need a buff, but arcanes like avenger, grace, energize...etc, these are fine

This is what I like to point out. Only some require buffs. If any of the already-okay Arcanes get buffed any further, they'll be looked at as mandatory from our playerbase, and in future tactical events and/or quests.

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

derp

Raids are largely unpopular because they are largely unpopular, and by extension means low supply of Arcanes, and by extension means high trading prices.

You are joking right?

When you account chances and arcane costs, it makes Raids one of the least rewarding activities in game.

Only granted reward is a good stash of credits that comes in handy for people needing to upgrade/Buy primed mods.

Arcane BTW requires at least one buff: being equippable and unequippable at will without losing them or worse.

That would make the elemental ones a lttle better.

Edited by VonDodo

7 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Most arcanes are useless, and even the good ones need to be stacked 10 times in order to be of any significant use. Yeah, good luck getting 10x arcane grace when it's such a rare drop. Meanwhile, people are selling them for 150+ plat per single arcane lol. No wonder raids are so unpopular. We have mods and weapons that are a lot more effective than 10x arcane grace.

DE pls buff arcanes, give us a good reason to play raids.

So arcanes are useless but you're basically saying 10x grace isn't useless but it's rare so because it's rare you feel they need buffs ? ... what, also there are many good arcanes and they really don't need a buff 

The only ones that needs buffs are the resistance arcanes since they're resistance towards certain damage are garbage and for some reason don't give you any extra revives like the other arcanes that also gives buffs  

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker
Forgot about resistance arcanes

2 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

So arcanes are useless but you're basically saying 10x grace isn't useless but it's rare so because it's rare you feel they need buffs ? ... what, also there are many good arcanes and they really don't need a buff 

He is right you know... i have lot of arcanes of every type and yet i am too lazy to sacrifice a syandana for them (or to sell them since they are difficult to sell) I am just cololecting them but when i need plat i go for prime stuff.

Most arcanes are useless because then, when you get the good ones you feel overjoyed.

If lets say, only the good arcanes were available then you'd have maybe a selection of 6 arcanes in total, in both LoR and JV to farm for. What's after the 6 arcanes? You'd complain that there's no point in doing raids anymore because I can tell you for sure that if the only arcanes that existed were the rare ones, the price would not be 500p for an Arcane energize. It'd be more like 20p (after a while).

That said, arcanes aren't necessary to play the game. It's for those that want to max/min and make OP builds which without arcanes would be nearly impossible to do. You don't need to get arcanes. If you don't feel like you want to buy the arcanes or do the raids, then just pretend arcanes don't exist.

Fashionframe > arcanes

I don't want to have arcanes dictate which syandana to use

....Until the day where distilling arcanes = free

FFFL (FashionFrameForLife)

Edited by Noobverest

36 minutes ago, Trollocaustic said:

I was thinking maybe Arcanes should go the way of mods and be upgradeable through an Endo-like substance as opposed to stacking/fusing multiple copies. Maybe that would alleviate some grind?

that would be cool, but let's be honest. The economy would take a big hit because no one is buying grace sets and energize sets anymore

20 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

There's no need to buff them. Essentially being a plat sink for whales they are fine as they are. People who desperately need plat grind raids, people who buy plat sink it into useless arcanes the others grind. The wheel is turning and everyone is happy.

If they do they are totally wasting their time.

People looking for plat should go farming corrupt mods and then prime parts.

Wasting an average of 30 minutes to get a about 7% chances to get an arcane Worth 150 plat and needing DAYS to be sold (even with warframe.trading) is not a good plan.

On the other side it was the most fun way to get credits... but now with the index i guess its no more the best way.

Edited by VonDodo

7 hours ago, taiiat said:

derp

^^ this OP please read this comment. It sums it up perfectly. Its high prices cause of endgame content and not many people do it ,so inherently low circulation. Just cause u cant afford it doesnt mean they need a buff. Just means you are not proficient enough yet to do so many raids in grindframe or at trading to make plat. If you seek help with raids ping me in game and join the raid school bus to help you out with ur daily raids.

41 minutes ago, Trollocaustic said:

I was thinking maybe Arcanes should go the way of mods and be upgradeable through an Endo-like substance as opposed to stacking/fusing multiple copies. Maybe that would alleviate some grind?

Might be a good idea if u get arcane traces or something from raids themselves and u can also get that from distilling other useless arcanes like deflection / healing etc. But the amount should be high enough that it doesnt cause a problem with the current system and we should able to sell those max lvl arcanes in 1 trade would also make trading much easier.

1 minute ago, VonDodo said:

If they do they are totally wasting their time

Don't be ridiculous. LoR can be facerolled in under 15 minutes and JV can be glitched through in under 10. Of course you need a team of well trained farmers for that, but still it is doable.

7 hours ago, VonDodo said:

You are joking right?

even in the first few weeks, Raids were not particularly popular.
so no, i'm not joking. because it's correct.

5 hours ago, --Q--Kyl0Ren said:

doesnt mean they need a buff.

(i mean, i think we know which Arcanes are 'too good to be true', which ones are useful, and which ones are basically a waste of time totally not talking about the Resistance ones)

14 hours ago, VonDodo said:

If they do they are totally wasting their time.

People looking for plat should go farming corrupt mods and then prime parts.

Wasting an average of 30 minutes to get a about 7% chances to get an arcane Worth 150 plat and needing DAYS to be sold (even with warframe.trading) is not a good plan.

On the other side it was the most fun way to get credits... but now with the index i guess its no more the best way.

the teams i look for and join do all 3 raids in 30-40 mins total, and the amount of plat that comes from some arcanes is much better then prime parts, also, for inexperienced raiders, there are sculptures, boosters, and high credit rewards

Edited by --Q--Voltage

3 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

the teams i look for and join do all 3 raids in 30-40 mins total, and the amount of plat that comes from some arcanes is much better then prime parts, also, for inexperienced raiders, there are sculptures, boosters, and high credit rewards

That's because you're a speedrunner. Most raiders don't do speedruns, so for most people, you can expect 1-2 hours for all 3.

Edited by DeltaPhantom