Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theoretically, why are there no "heavy set" warframes yet?

(XBOX)DerangedMime00

Those saying that there shouldn't be fat ninjas I'd like you to look at some of the frames we've had. I mean we have a Inaros a mummy and Limbo who is pretty much a gentleman both of which don't really look like ninjas themselves imo. Honestly I'm all for a heavy set or even fat frame being added.

Look, we already have frames with heftier/huskier builds. Like Rhino, Hydroid etc, who fulfill the role of a frame who probably does have some belly fat under all that bulk, but is mostly muscle. 

But as others have said, there is no need for an actually fat warframe -- they are kind of supposed to be physically fit, as they constantly do battle. 

I'm not judging people for being fat... I think people should be allowed to live how they want, and being fat doesn't hurt anyone else. And I'm not saying I would be mad if there was a fat warframe, but it seems completely silly and unneeded. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Why doesn't Warframe have cel-shaded art like some games based on animated series?

Why doesn't Warframe have mix-and-match weapon creation like Dead Rising?

Why doesn't Warframe have voxel-based map terrain like Minecraft?

Why doesn't Warframe have a companion product like EVE?

Why doesn't Warframe have an auction house like so many MMOs?

Why doesn't Warframe do X exactly like this other game I enjoyed?

These threads are so tiresome.

Also,

3 minutes ago, KnightCole said:

You mean like Hydroid?

24 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Because being fat hinders your ability to parkour and efficiently move in battle. When you design a weapon you don't design it with deficiencies on purpose.

^This

There already are alot of different Bodyshapes in warframe already, ranging from very skinny to extremely bulky and muskular.

While skinny charakters can move around more agile, muscular characters are stronger and more tanky.

Fat on the other hand is nothing but useless weight that serves no purpose in battle whatsoever. Besides maybe adding a barely noticeable amount of protection it will mostly just slow you down and make you a larger and therefore in two ways easy-to-hit target.

On the other hand thers a frame taking a top hat into battle ...

That being said warframe has long ago abandoned every concept of real life warfare, let alone physics, so who knows...

As time goes on and Ideas shrink in numbers maybe there will be an overly rounded Warframe...

Because lore wise it makes absolutely no sense why a warframe would have fat.

Spoilers:

Spoiler

Unlike the operators, Warframes themselves are literally WAR MACHINES.  The keyword being MACHINE.  Last I checked fat serves no purpose on a machine.  Artificial muscle and armor plating makes sense, but fat does not.  Warframes don't need fat because it's not like they are supposed to survive the long winter months.  They are designed for short strategic missions.

Rhino and Atlas come to mind as existing examples of "bulky" Warframes. Although Atlas is already pushing the limits of what the Warframe Skeletal Rig can do. Remember all Warframes share the same Rig (which is why we can share animations between frames).

It would likely be very difficult if not impossible to push it farther than Atlas in terms of broadness.

Don't know man, i'm trying really hard to imagine a frame that should have a heavier desing than Rhino / Chroma for a good thematic reason and not just for the sake of it, and i cannot figure it out.

Only meh idea i came up with was a pressure frame that uses high temp gas to supply itself with power or speed depending on the occasion, but has more mass to store the gas and the pressure pumps which are quite bulky themselves (think something akin to Veromica's body type from Marvel's Iron Man)

2 minutes ago, Brasten said:

[...] Although Atlas is already pushing the limits of what the Warframe Skeletal Rig can do. Remember all Warframes share the same Rig (which is why we can share animations between frames). [...]

This could also be a pretty big issue actually.

Edited by Autongnosis

2 minutes ago, zehne said:

Because lore wise it makes absolutely no sense why a warframe would have fat.

Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Unlike the operators, Warframes themselves are literally WAR MACHINES.  The keyword being MACHINE.  Last I checked fat serves no purpose on a machine.  Artificial muscle and armor plating makes sense, but fat does not.  Warframes don't need fat because it's not like they are supposed to survive the long winter months.  They are designed for short strategic missions.

Although there are a few unique animations for each Warframe, a huge majority of the animations are shared amongst all of them. Consequently, they can't have a radically variant body type.

A 'heavy set' Warframe, for instance, that recycled all of our current animations would be a clipping catastrophe. Their arms would be continually clipping into their belly, etc. In order to do such a thing and make it look acceptable aesthetically, an entire set of new animations would have to be produced.

This would be a *huge* amount of work simply to create a design that - let's be honest - relatively few people would generally appreciate. It's simply not feasible from a cost-to-return ratio.

22 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Could it really? Can you name them?

Are any of them valid, and not just excuses to have a fat frame for the sake of representing a particular body type?

A Heavy Weapondy theme.  Bristling with armor and guns, whose 4 is like Peacemaker but with fourteen gatling guns, nine rocket launchers, and enough laser cannons it makes Vay Hek's Balor Fomorians feel inadequate.  Oversized and overkill in every department but agility.  Not that this is even close to the only option, but I believe it could be done.

But we have to keep in mind that Warframes were designed as an ideal by a race of narcissists.  Even if one designer had a thing for overweight people, it couldn't be an "unhealthy" sort of overweight because to be unhealthy is far from an ideal, "kinda bulky" is probably the most we could reasonably expect.

Said it before, I'll say it again:  You want a body type represented for whatever reason?  Start with designing a frame with a theme that has that as a SECONDARY, but necessary, aspect.  If it was "the fat frame," it would all end in flames no matter how noble it began.  However, if it was, for example, "the Big Guns frame," who by necessity of the design was the largest frame yet, I doubt anyone would bat an eye.

15 minutes ago, Brasten said:

Rhino and Atlas come to mind as existing examples of "bulky" Warframes. Although Atlas is already pushing the limits of what the Warframe Skeletal Rig can do. Remember all Warframes share the same Rig (which is why we can share animations between frames).

It would likely be very difficult if not impossible to push it farther than Atlas in terms of broadness.

Id still love to up armor my Rhino.

55 minutes ago, Ryddem said:

This again huh? 

Why on earth would they add an obese character in a game about space ninjas? 

Have you SEEN hydroids thighs? Hydroid is...close to being 'portly' And...at this point, I think we can safely assume that waframe is no longer about "space ninjas" cause we have fairies, pirates, dragons, necromancers....come on now...it's not space ninja's anymore.

1 minute ago, Hixlysss said:

Have you SEEN hydroids thighs? Hydroid is...close to being 'portly' And...at this point, I think we can safely assume that waframe is no longer about "space ninjas" cause we have fairies, pirates, dragons, necromancers....come on now...it's not space ninja's anymore.

To be fair, that's just an advertising tagline that makes it easier for people to grasp the character of the game. In the actual game, we're never called ninjas. We never were, and I have always been frustrated by people getting hung up on this designation.

Fat frames makes zero pounds sense due to the purpose warframes is created for. Now if you really really desire certain special individuals body size represented within this game, I think the tenno itself can get a plus size. You know, just sitting down all day controlling a machine with their thought's or however they control their frames from the tenno chair surely would make sense adding up the weight. 

Yeah, this would be great.

south-park-gamer1.jpeg