Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theoretically, why are there no "heavy set" warframes yet?

(XBOX)DerangedMime00

47 minutes ago, Fionntan said:

I hope this is sarcasm.....

Anyways, most in this thread forget that DE has the final say if they feel up to task to create a frame on the heavy side.

For all I know they can create an air filled frame or gravity frame that fits the memo for said body type :tongue: 

Why would facts be sarcastic.

Because this is a space-ninja game...not a sumo match.

Unless they want to create a uniquely styled frame that passively cannot use any acrobatic moves, but is incredibly durable or something to balance it. Considering how so much of this game is not conveniently reachable without acrobatics though...i don't see it happening unless he has an interesting powerset that will help with that.

It's also important to point out that we are wearing living-robotic suits. Morbid obesity isn't likely so even the 'armor' aspect of it would just end up making them bulky-fit like Atlas and Frost.

I would accept the idea posted about them being an air-filled frame though..that would make sense for mobility options and the appearance of being 'round'...but that would lend to the idea they would be a very fragile frame since armor is heavy.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

12 hours ago, arch111 said:

Remember the debate and loud voices saying the Banshee premiumskin was fat?

When a thread like this reaches about this length, I can't help but think that kind of thinking is partly to blame for the resistance of a wider and fuller body.

We have to realize "fat" in Warframes world would still maintain the artdirection. Well, excluding the sumo-guards.in War Within Teaser naturally.

The thing is, people had a problem with Sonata Banshee because she was fatter than her concept art. Her body itself wasn't the issue as much as its appearance relative to the original concept.

2 hours ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

No response on this thread has given an actual, legitimate reason as to why fat frames should exist in Warframe.

Because there isn't one.

If they do decide to add one to the game, fine, but there's no denying the fact that it'd be a nightmare to implement, what with the issue of physics, body size, and clipping.

Edited by Roachester
Sweet mother of redundancy, Batman!

29 minutes ago, Roachester said:

Because there isn't one.

If they do decide to add one to the game, fine, but there's no denying the fact that it'd be a nightmare to implement, what with the issue of physics, body size, and clipping issues.

Here is where maby we have different opinions on what size a large frame would be.

I am thinking of a hydroid,  rhino, Chroma build,  and slightly bigger where possible.

13 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Here is where maby we have different opinions on what size a large frame would be.

I am thinking of a hydroid,  rhino, Chroma build,  and slightly bigger where possible.

Those guys are large, I agree.

What everyone else is talking about, however, are fat frames. Round frames. Rotund frames. Chunky frames. Whalekin frames. Buddha-belly frames. Frames with a generous girth. 

Think it would be interesting, esp considering how thin most frames are.    Funny how many are trying to impose their rl beliefs and attitudes into the game for this suggestion.   I do it myself sometimes so guess I cannot blame them.   Thing is, Warframes defy logic.   If real physics and logic were to matter pretty sure alot of the stuff in the game wouldn't happen.    Heheh having swung a sledgehammer tearing apart an old factory, I would question how some of the skinny warframes would swing a jet powered sledge hammer and not fling themselves into the next tile set.   No, reality is at a minimum here.   Take health discussions to other sections of the forum. There is also the the fact that if you don't like it, don't play it.   Mirage is a great frame but is beyond ugly to me so I rarely play it.    Nekros Prime has flappy things on dangling from it, don't like them so I kept normal Nekros.    Plenty of other options if you don't like new things they bring into the game.    

For such a frame, it would seem best to me for it to have 3 defensive powers and 1 offensive.   The first three being defensive, the final being an offensive power.   The  extra size could be used to store extra energy, armor, strength, all kinds of stuff.   Likely suffer some negatives on getting hit ie be easier though would depend on how big.  

Youtube search fat kid lands b twist no excuses.   May not win any endurance run but can still do it.  Might have missed it but surprised didn't see a mention of Kung Fu Panda as well.  World of Warcraft seems to think they can do ok as well.   Skadoosh.

1 hour ago, _Vortus_ said:

Heheh having swung a sledgehammer tearing apart an old factory, I would question how some of the skinny warframes would swing a jet powered sledge hammer and not fling themselves into the next tile set.

That skinny Warframe is a mass of organic tissue and Ferrite metal. It probably weighs several hundred pounds, more than enough to maintain footing even with the largest of Warframe's melee weapons.

34 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Yeah? When's the last time you saw a sumo fighter parkour up 2 stories or dodge a laser ball?

When was the last time you saw someone do Warframe parkour up a wall (bunny hop hop hop hop) or dodge a laser ball?

Trying to say that an overweight Warframe cant do those things because a normal person cant is just silly - a normal person cant do the parkour Warframes are doing either.

I have never seen a person do a Bullet Jump like a Warframe, nor Aim Glide, Wall Latch, Or hop straight up a wall. Or Hek, calmly run around while they're on fire.

The laws of physics that we live by don't apply to the contents of a video game.

5 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

When was the last time you saw someone do Warframe parkour up a wall (bunny hop hop hop hop) or dodge a laser ball?

Trying to say that an overweight Warframe cant do those things because a normal person cant is just silly - a normal person cant do the parkour Warframes are doing either.

I have never seen a person do a Bullet Jump like a Warframe, nor Aim Glide, Wall Latch, Or hop straight up a wall. Or Hek, calmly run around while they're on fire.

The laws of physics that we live by don't apply to the contents of a video game.

I've seen people parkour, they were not sumo wrestler proportions. I get that you're asking for a fat warframe and saying that space magic allows it. But within the lore of Warframe; warframes were designed as weapons. Unless theres a reason to be overweight and obese, I cant really see the need for it.

Edited by Skaleek

12 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I've seen people parkour, they were not sumo wrestler proportions. I get that you're asking for a fat warframe and saying that space magic allows it. But within the lore of Warframe; warframes were designed as weapons. Unless theres a reason to be overweight and obese, I cant really see the need for it.

I'm not asking for an overweight Warframe. Nor did I say that there are sumo parkour people.

Honestly I don't care if they're twice the size of Rhino or half the size of Nekros - I play what I find fun.

But I don't want trash content added that politicizes the game.  If the creaters feel the next frame should look like that image in the OP, fine.  I'll level and shelve it. Just don't add it for the sake of having it.

My only complaint is someone saying we cant have something in a video game because it doesn't adhere to real world laws.  That just...I'm sorry, but thats stupid.

19 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I'm not asking for an overweight Warframe. Nor did I say that there are sumo parkour people.

Honestly I don't care if they're twice the size of Rhino or half the size of Nekros - I play what I find fun.

But I don't want trash content added that politicizes the game.  If the creaters feel the next frame should look like that image in the OP, fine.  I'll level and shelve it. Just don't add it for the sake of having it.

My only complaint is someone saying we cant have something in a video game because it doesn't adhere to real world laws.  That just...I'm sorry, but thats stupid.

Did i say you cant have something? The person I responded to used real life examples as an argument. That automatically brings the argument into real physics, so I responded in kind. This feels so silly at this point. 

Edited by Skaleek

Oh come on , this is like the 50th time a thread like this is made.

And it's always why don't we have "fat/chubby/plus size / large" frames in the game. 

It's not about being anti PC , or not wanting more diversity in the game , but I'm against it because it makes no sense, as someone said earlier , you're not gonna make a biomechanical ninja weapon large on purpose , or just for the sake of making it fat , without a reason behind it. And in warframe's context , there is ZERO reason to do that

12 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

2 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

A game that attempts to present a world was as much realism as Warframe does should still attempt to abide by the laws of physics enough to maintain a player's suspension of disbelief. What's most important is not that it adheres to real-world laws perfectly, but that it adheres to real-world laws enough to not draw attention to the fact that it won't work.

2 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

A game that attempts to present a world was as much realism as Warframe does should still attempt to abide by the laws of physics enough to maintain a player's suspension of disbelief. What's most important is not that it adheres to real-world laws perfectly, but that it adheres to real-world laws enough to not draw attention to the fact that it won't work.

You know for someone named inarticulate you articulate your points rather eloquently. +1

43 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Sorry, I just noticed their terrible example.

On 10/25/2016 at 1:46 PM, Skaleek said:

Because being fat hinders your ability to parkour and efficiently move in battle. When you design a weapon you don't design it with deficiencies on purpose.

Not really at the very least not warframes. You can parkour race with anyone in warframe and it will come down to the player outside of nezha being able to slide around like no one else. Outside of that though I like what OP is thinking because I've been wanting a non-humanoid frame although a sumo frame wouldn't really fit what I want. I thought about having a sorta droideka like frame or a pod like frame like the pokemon cofa-grigus [I remember when they teased inaros I thought they were finally going to jump out of their humanoid frames]. Of course they don't need to bulletjump they can have their own unique mechanic like wall climbing or bouncing about [and a morphball dash instead of a slide].

Spoiler

There's also the fact that we now know the operators aren't inside the warframes so there's really nothing holding them back outside of making it and the work that would need to be put in.

Edited by SirWolfen

The better question is why would they? It would make the warframe slower and much harder to parkour. I don't see why people think that every body type needs to be represented in every game in existence. It would be a blatant move to satisfy SJWs. Ever wonder why SJWs never do anything in the real world? They only attack the entertainment industry because that is easy. In short, it wouldn't fit in warframe.

1 hour ago, Inarticulate said:

How does Warframe even try to adhere to anything real world related?

We grow cats from pictures, teleport, hover, summon the dead, handle anti matter, radiation, the elements, did I mention teleport? Catch on fire, get frozen solid, use Void Magic to remote pilot biomechanical puppets, use cryo stasis, mind control, summon swords made from energy (and make them fly too) survive heat seeking middles to the face, out bullets know how out friends are and can pass harmlessly through them, our dogs are grown from honest to Lotus eggs, we climb wall's with our toes, defy gravity, and we can come back from the dead when we're killed by a race of clones, or space zombies or cyborgs.

Where the Hek are you living that those things happen in the real world?

This game is purely fantasy and anything DE decides to put in is explained as "lel Space Ninja Magic"

Please don't pretend that the game is based on significant aspects our reality because there is enough departure from our reality to make "it's not realistic" null and void.

Edited by Noamuth
Removed excessive hyperoble