Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Index Preview: Hotfix #4

[DE]Megan

still have no idea what debuffs are being applied to you and what skills actually work.... or when it does work if it's going to last more then 1 second...

it's like you have to be psychic to understand the "rules" of the game.... trinity EV not working? i thought that was "part of the rule" :D sigh... next thing they are going to say that limbo banish is supposed to last more then 0.5 second...

Yep...caustacyst sucks now...thanks DE...another nerf to something that was balanced bc it REQUIRED you to do the stupid clunky charge time.  And now even with 100% status chance it almost never procs anything, even corrosive doesn't proc, from the projectile nor the tar.

Edited by Alanthier

14 minutes ago, shyguyk said:

When people complain when unintended things get fixed

Sadly, we'll always see this happen. Most people don't have the foresight to realize when something looks grossly overpowered, it is going to be fixed. All they can think is that DE took something they could easily kill things with away. And now that thing is useless. Time to quit the game!

It's sad. Same reaction with Smeeta and countless other things DE have fixed.

43 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed the unintended Slash Status chance on the Caustacyst projectile. It now deals purely Corrosive damage as intended (not a Slash weapon) and the 3x damage multiplier from the charged attack remains the same.

welp, we all knew this was happening.... such a shame

8 minutes ago, Geraaltix said:

Sadly, we'll always see this happen. Most people don't have the foresight to realize when something looks grossly overpowered, it is going to be fixed. All they can think is that DE took something they could easily kill things with away. And now that thing is useless. Time to quit the game!

TO "fix" would have been to idk, reduce the damage or frequency in which slash DID proc of caustacyst? Not completely remove it and damn near remove ALL proc's from it(seriously, 100% status chance, still takes 4-5 swings before it decides to proc something, both point blank AND from DOT/Projectile) So yes, this was a nerf, NOT a fix.  

7 minutes ago, Geraaltix said:

Sorry, but the weapon wasn't overpowered. Yes it was strong, but it was not broken. Also you can easily kill anything with almost any weapon in the game.. if modded right.. 

Ehh.. RIP Caustacyst, a melee status weapon done good... 2016 - 2016 #NeverForget

1 minute ago, Jester. said:

Sorry, but the weapon wasn't overpowered. Yes it was strong, but it was not broken. Also you can easily kill anything with almost any weapon in the game.. if modded right.. 

Ehh.. RIP Caustacyst, a melee status weapon done good... 2016 - 2016 #NeverForget

Eh, mine's still in clan research so I haven't used it yet. I just didn't want to immediately jump on the nerf train without seeing it for myself. If they actually removed its ability to proc reliably in any way... well, that is kind of lame.

45 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed The Index Endurance mode scaling to be based off of enemy deaths, not player-scored Index points.

i'm personally ok with this, but this is quite a large nerf. It means we can't go as 'endless' as we could have by not delivering points. Still. Kinda meh.

Just now, Geraaltix said:

Eh, mine's still in clan research so I haven't used it yet. I just didn't want to immediately jump on the nerf train without seeing it for myself. If they actually removed its ability to proc reliably in any way... well, that is kind of lame.

Yeah.. Sadly, they took away the only thing that made it unique and great. I cant believe I spent time on 2x Forma and potato.. plus 5 nitain and 10 mutagen mass.. sigh.. >_<

49 minutes ago, Orthelius said:

First of all I would like to say that I run Raids a lot, and have done for the past few months (quite successfully I might add) - and in this time I have found that more than half of the Arcanes I find are almost completely worthless to my playstyle and builds. As such, I imagine an 'Arcane Randomises' might just do the trick. In essence, this would allow Raid veterens to boil down worthless Arcanes, for a chance to create great ones. For example, by sacrificing 3 Arcane Deflections (bleh) it may give a chance to give another Arcane, this would be completely random. but would still allow the chance to get something good, from items we truly cannot sell, or use.

They should make this idea and expand it to be similar to the CS:Go idea. Consigning ten weapon skins in for a higher chance at a rarer skin. This could be applied to warframe.

46 minutes ago, UdgarBlutaxt said:

Is there a chance to get my Catalyst out of the (now) useless Caustacyst?

i'm glad I waiting for this. It's the first time in a while a weapon has blown up in popularity because of an easy to achieve OP build. There are obviously other weapons with very powerful strats but they require a lot of work and forma.

48 minutes ago, RyanCooper101 said:

xD Removed slash from Caustacyst, be ready for about 400 build udpate videos xDDDD

lol. I actually didn't like the weapon. I like interesting strats. But completely relying on charge attacks to do heaps of damage made me go off the weapon.