Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sadistic Dragon's workshop stream items

Hey everybody,

I'm currently streaming on Twitch.tv/thesadisticdragon

Gonna make my very first workshop helmet for Rhino.

First step is concepting a couple of helmets and picking the most interesting one. 

So if your interested or there is something perticular you would like to see for a helmet, hop on by.

I will be streaming for at least two hours, so I'll see you there.

I'll be streaming every day from 6pm edt to at least 8pm

- Day 1 brainstorming results -

Spoiler

Demon

VOgbB7Y.png?2

nwnxkBL.png?1

Pumpkin

kVNBzyX.png?1

o9D53bh.png?1

JdlDvkg.png?1

Taurus

ZaSkmbw.png?1

koOpyZz.png?1

- Day 2 brainstorming results -

Spoiler

Demon

3CDAuJp.png

tE57OLq.png

Pumpkin

axfvuPa.png

WSROw1p.png

Taurus

W2dyJrn.png

B1ZcFyW.png

-Day 2 wip refining results -

Spoiler

b3VJD15.png

PhyJps4.png

-Day 3 wip-

Spoiler

J7luszz.png?1

sn1EtoC.png?1

-Day 4 wip-

Spoiler

jGztIGJ.png

-Day 5 wip-

Spoiler

8BeijBr.png

TVbmpnI.png

-Limbo helmet day 1-

Spoiler

GVFYlNN.png?1

KMexwDA.png?1

uoOLfPp.png?1

3EWVvNa.png?1

Edited by TheSadisticDragon
Added day to day from all the other streams

Hey everybody,

Yesterday I streamed a brainstorming session for some Rhino helmets.

Three prototype helmets got made and eventually I will choose one helmet to refine for the steam workshop.

-Demon-

Spoiler

VOgbB7Y.png?2

nwnxkBL.png?1

-Pumpkin-

Spoiler

kVNBzyX.png?1

o9D53bh.png?1

JdlDvkg.png?1

-Taurus-

Spoiler

ZaSkmbw.png?1

koOpyZz.png?1

It was really fun and I want to thank eveyone that tuned in.

Today I'm streaming some more at an slightly earlier time of 6pm to at least 8pm EDT.

Got a couple more ideas I want to try out and work a bit more the Taurus concept.

So if anyone got some ideas they would like to see or if you got some feedback on the helmet concepts above, just say.

A timelapse version is also available on youtube -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zlO2QySaxI

Streaming will be happening at twitch.tv/thesadisticdragon

Thank you for reading.

31 minutes ago, Dawn11715 said:

the first one "Demon" looks pretty nice. Id even consider buying it, if it would get more detail. 

Not really a fan of the others though.

Thanks for liking the demon helmet.

All these helmets are proof-of-concepts so the helmet I eventually choose is gonna get a whole lot more detail and polish.

I really like the Demon helmet, it fits the game and the frame really well. Personally, I'd prefer the 2 horns at the top less wobbly / curvy, so I would even that middle bumb out if you know what I mean. Though the Pumpkin head looks quite nice too I dont think it would be accepted by DE, the style just doesnt fit the games. Same goes for Taurus.

Definately continue on Demon, as it looks like I'm not the only one voting for it :)

Another great stream.

This stream I refined some of the brainstorm ideas, remade the Taurus prototype & started on the refinement of the demon helmet.

I've also sprayed a little paint on them to illustrate a potential color/texturing sheme.

-Demon concept-

Spoiler

3CDAuJp.png

tE57OLq.png

-Pumpkin concept-

Spoiler

axfvuPa.png

WSROw1p.png

-New Taurus concept-

Spoiler

W2dyJrn.png

B1ZcFyW.png

So since yesterday people liked the demon design, that is the design I started to refine. If any would rather like to have a different design or has some things about the current demon design, feedback is always appreciated.

Spoiler

b3VJD15.png

PhyJps4.png

Thank you all for reading & I hope to see you today around 6pm edt where I'll be streaming to at least 8pm.

I think the pumpkin is still your strongest design thus far, and fits Rhino better. Even if you don't plan to continue the design right now, I wouldn't abandon it.

The Taurus redesign looks much better, but honestly it looks less like a bull and more like a, well, dragon.

Day 3 of streaming. Done with the faceplate and refined some of the outer plates a bit.

Spoiler

J7luszz.png?1

sn1EtoC.png?1

A timelapse can be found here

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Kyotra said:

I think the pumpkin is still your strongest design thus far, and fits Rhino better. Even if you don't plan to continue the design right now, I wouldn't abandon it.

The Taurus redesign looks much better, but honestly it looks less like a bull and more like a, well, dragon.

Thank you for liking my pumpkin design. I'll most likely never completely abandon a decent design but I will be trying out new things for other frames before coming back to older designs.

And the Taurus design looks indeed very dragon-like but I personaly think that overal design goes above theme, and I coulnd't really make more bull-like helmet work.

Added youtube link

Day 5 of helmet creation just finished.

I Filled up the sides with a IMM curve brush I made based on the tubes on the back of Rhino.
I also wrangled with the top bit, it's not yet where I want it to be but it is most definitely going in the right direction.

Spoiler

8BeijBr.png

TVbmpnI.png

As always, the timelapse can be found on my YouTube channel.

Day 6 of streaming done

So I actually got a bit stuck on the horns of the Rhino helmet, so today I blocked out a Limbo helmet idea I had.
I tried to play of his hat, but make it a bit more menacing.

Spoiler

GVFYlNN.png?1

KMexwDA.png?1

uoOLfPp.png?1

3EWVvNa.png?1

A timelapse can be found at:

Added youtube link

Hey everyone,

Yesterday I streamed, but I'm a bit stuck with the horns of the helmet I was originally doing. So Instead I blocked out a idea I had for a Limbo helmet.

I really hope you like it and would love to hear what you like, dislike or if you think this entire design is better left in the garbage.

Spoiler

GVFYlNN.png?1

KMexwDA.png?1

uoOLfPp.png?1

3EWVvNa.png?1

Timelapse at:

Spoiler

Thank you for reading/ watching.

17 minutes ago, TheSadisticDragon said:

Thank you for reading/ watching.

Looks really good and OMG thank you for recording your process, gonna watch the whole thing after posting.  My only concern are the eyes, the vast majority of helmets tend to stay away from giving actual facial features.  

Though, to be honest, I haven't kept up with every tennogen helm released thus far and I could be wrong, it just seems odd to see an actual face.

It still looks freaking amazing though.

On 10/27/2016 at 8:10 AM, TheSadisticDragon said:

Hey everybody,

I'm currently streaming on Twitch.tv/thesadisticdragon

Gonna make my very first workshop helmet for Rhino.

First step is concepting a couple of helmets and picking the most interesting one. 

So if your interested or there is something perticular you would like to see for a helmet, hop on by.

I will be streaming for at least two hours, so I'll see you there.

I'll be streaming every day from 6pm edt to at least 8pm

-Day 5 wip-

Hide contents

-Limbo helmet day 1-

Hide contents

GVFYlNN.png?1

KMexwDA.png?1

uoOLfPp.png?1

3EWVvNa.png?1

I love the limbo idea for helmet it looks cool,and what if you change 2 look like this? 

qcocnGA.png

2 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

I love the limbo idea for helmet it looks cool,and what if you change 2 look like this? 

qcocnGA.png

I could try to make the eyes more menacing and put a bit more detail around the mouth area, but I'm afraid that if I put too much detail/ teeth around the mouth it clashes a bit too much with the overall simple aesthetic of Limbo. But I will see how much deteail I can throw in the front before it clashes.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

20 hours ago, TheSadisticDragon said:

-snip-

Oh jeez, not those eyes man. That is way too humanlike for DE's taste, if Hitsu-San's Bai-Hu skin was rejected for looking too human-like then this definitely won't make it in. You gotta go abstract dude, that's the key.

Now other than that, I really like where this idea is going. I take it you're playing on the Baron Samedi theme by using a skull, and rather than do another hat you're mixing things up and creating a mask. That's really clever, I like it, but the blatant skull is a bit too crude and on-the-nose for a gentleman such as Limbo. Perhaps you should take some inspiration from something more elegant, such as Victorian masquerade balls? I'm not saying ditch the skull motif, just try to go with something classier.

Edited by Kyotra

9 minutes ago, Kyotra said:

-snip-

Good points. I good try to make the eye section a bit more abstract and add a bit of a motif to maybe bring in some masquerade influence and bring the theme more in line with Limbo.

Only problem is that if I go too abstract, the whole idea of him pulling half his head off during his animations is a bit lost. So maybe the best thing is to either leave the concept entirely or to finish it, place it on Tennogen and hope for the best with a big possibility of failing. (If the helmet isn't relatively all too much work I'll probally go for the second option)

4 hours ago, TheSadisticDragon said:

Only problem is that if I go too abstract, the whole idea of him pulling half his head off during his animations is a bit lost. So maybe the best thing is to either leave the concept entirely or to finish it, place it on Tennogen and hope for the best with a big possibility of failing. (If the helmet isn't relatively all too much work I'll probally go for the second option)

You can do a skull without doing a literal skull. Just look at Nekros Prime's helmet.

Edited by Kyotra