Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me Or Is The Color Packs Becoming Really Really Overpriced For What You Get.

ChaotikDreamz

I mean i am sorry but these color packs are becoming really really pathetic.  Let's start off with

Classic - $5 to unlock 4 rows of flat colors which IMO should all just be free.

Classic Saturated - $5 bucks for brighter classic ok fine

Smoke - $5 for flat fire pack lol

Fire - $5 for saturated smoke pack lol

Ice - $5 for basically same blues 50% flat 50% saturated

Smoke - $5 for well we know 88 shades of grey 2 black

Infested - $5 for 30 shades of blue which most are so close together variants you can't see the difference. 31 shades of purple which again not much of a difference. 29 shades of green to which actually has the most variation.

All in all $5 for the same colors over and over again. Seriously why not just ditch the packs give us a color wheel or slider. And maybe sell us different variations of the color. ex. metalics or what not.

Or even sell new color skins for the frames to which we can add new custom color patterns. Yes i was going to buy the color packs but the more i see and the packs you come out with it just becomes depressing that i know it would be such a waste of $5.

I am just using classic saturated and it's got everything I ever need.

More color is fine and all - But I am not actually forced to buy them

You have a point though, the newest color addition is kinda shallow

Edited by Kasamoto

I can seriously agree.

5$ is too much. The problem with platinum is that you get very low amount of platinum per 5$.

If we where to get 150 Platinum for 5$, then  75$ platinum for color packs wouldave been OK.

Same goes for stalker pack. 3 Freaking weapons costs also 40$s. Seriously DE ?

I am just using classic saturated and it's got everything I ever need.

More color is fine and all - But I am not actually forced to buy them

same here, but what about new players ? Stick to some ultra crap colors ? Really?

Edited by Zyfe3rX

Yeah it is overpriced but if you get a coupon for platinum its a bit more tolerable at least for color saturated the rest are way over priced with  a lot of them only bring 2 to 3 different colors and the rest being the same.

Edited by Speedingbus

Same plastic colors over and over. Metallic, pearlescent, matte, other textures. I could see being worth the price. would buy them in a heartbeat.

Yet holding a true white and black hostage in a shade pack, making reds outside the fire pack pink or violet hued. feels kinda bad form expecting the same price from all of them. But I guess if enough people buy. It's working.

It's been said they need to rework the plat pricing, and there's a thread that fixes it beautifully

I think/hope DE is milking this money now so they can scale down to the better business model later, because later is when they'll get boned by their decisions.

For now be alright with this, when they have solid footing and a larger following I'm sure things will change.

Same plastic colors over and over. Metallic, pearlescent, matte, other textures. I could see being worth the price. would buy them in a heartbeat.

inb4 they release their current sets  in all of those varieties :V

I got the color pack and, even though the infested set has my favorite color (violet!), even in a shade/brightness that I love, I'll wait until it gets added to a pack because, those prices are silly for what you get.

Edited by akaSM

Thankfully I bought the Easter pack for 1 credit back when it was on sale. The newer packs? Yeah, I can get a 2/3 pound Monster Thickburger with large Fries and a Large drink at Hardee's for just the price of two color packs and goddamn do I love me some Hardee's.

Not to mention I can buy some great Indie games, or AAA games (huge sale) on Steam for $5-10.

I mean i am sorry but these color packs are becoming really really pathetic.  Let's start off with

Infested - $5 for 30 shades of blue which most are so close together variants you can't see the difference. 31 shades of purple which again not much of a difference. 29 shades of green to which actually has the most variation.

All in all $5 for the same colors over and over again. Seriously why not just ditch the packs give us a color wheel or slider. And maybe sell us different variations of the color. ex. metalics or what not.

Or even sell new color skins for the frames to which we can add new custom color patterns. Yes i was going to buy the color packs but the more i see and the packs you come out with it just becomes depressing that i know it would be such a waste of $5.

pwd.png

Thankfully I bought the Easter pack for 1 credit back when it was on sale. The newer packs? Yeah, I can get a 2/3 pound Monster Thickburger with large Fries and a Large drink at Hardee's for just the price of two color packs and goddamn do I love me some Hardee's.

Not to mention I can buy some great Indie games, or AAA games (huge sale) on Steam for $5-10.

Oh yeah, this is the biggest thing that holds me back from buying ANYTHING in games like this one. I could:

A) buy a color/weapon/whatever for x money

OR

B) buy a full game for the same money

I don't know how do the Warframe prices compare to other F2P games but, I do know they are not as nice when I see what could that money get me on Steam.

The only reason I've spent 17.50 (so far) on this game is because I like it and, want to support it, not because my money gets me good things or anything.

Also, DE made Extreme Pinball <3

Edited by akaSM

For me is really annoying because I have only 50 Platinum and those prices are really overpriced. It's sad that we can use the colors we want. A idea is to have from every palette 18 colors like from the Classic. It will be nice and many good for F2P Players. Who knows ? :p

Yeah lets just give the devs all what they want while they give us sh*t bundles and we swallow our own pride 

3 things the games has that are plat only and you folks complain about those things continuously.......

This has nothing to do with "pride."